Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Um...Iron Man's a Marvel character.
    Sorry, i forgot. You got what i mean.

I don't care about Downey/Iron Man being the bigget BO solo films for Marvel,

His films are better superhero than Thor,Cap movies. I say keep Downey until. Avengers 2,Iron Man 4 then he will be 52 and not much older his current 48. Then you can reboot and take your chances.

Iron Man though in the next series must be a middle aged man again, you can't have a young drunk genius. Young pretty boys didn't make Cap film,Thor bigger than Iron Man. They need a witty older man actor to replace Downey.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I don't care about Downey/Iron Man being the bigget BO solo films for Marvel,

His films are better superhero than Thor,Cap movies. I say keep Downey until. Avengers 2,Iron Man 4 then he will be 52 and not much older his current 48. Then you can reboot and take your chances.

Iron Man though in the next series must be a middle aged man again, you can't have a young drunk genius. Young pretty boys didn't make Cap film,Thor bigger than Iron Man. They need a witty older man actor to replace Downey.
    They are NOT going to reboot. It's pretty much an impossibility considering how intertwined the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now. You cannot reboot one character, you would have to reboot everything.

So everyone stop suggesting they Reboot. It's been said repeatedly by Fiege that when the time comes they will recast and continue on from where they left off ala Bond (pre Craig). Reboot should be a banned word in these discussions about Marvel movies.

After finally seeing IM3 last night, I say just keep Downey in the Avengers films - let the other characters start to build up the same cred. They wrote a nice "out" for him in IM3, so I don't need a 4th IM solo film with or without RDJ.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

If it ends up that RDJ does not re-sign w/ Marvel, Marvel should give Iron Man a rest for a bit and concentrate expanding the strength and scope of the "Marvel" brand. We have GotG and Ant-Man coming, with perhaps Dr. Strange and Capt. Marvel on the way. They should test the limits of their intellectual properties. Eventually, Marvel will have to recast the rest of the core Avengers as well. Maybe a new Iron Man will be easier for ppl to swallow when there's a new Thor and Cap, too.
    "Don't Reboot The Bat!" Keep Going!
    MoS is a PoS.
    Twitter
    The Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    After finally seeing IM3 last night, I say just keep Downey in the Avengers films - let the other characters start to build up the same cred. They wrote a nice "out" for him in IM3, so I don't need a 4th IM solo film with or without RDJ.
    Yeah, whether or not the actor returns, the end of IM3 definitely puts the character "back on the shelf" for bit. I think Disney/Marvel may be able to meet RDJ halfway by taking the IM series off the table and just asking him to participate in the Avenger sequels.
    "Don't Reboot The Bat!" Keep Going!
    MoS is a PoS.
    Twitter
    The Facebook

Try getting him to sign or leave Stark.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    I think this might be the way to go. For one thing, I tend to think RDJ is more likely to get burned out if they keep up the solo films. He's mentioned wanting to pursue independent projects. If he only had to do Avengers films and the occassional cameo appearance, that would go a long way toward him having his cake and eating it too.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Give the solo films to Cheadle and let Rhodey and Tony be in the Avengers sequels together. The end of the current film was such a perfect out for Tony (one of the few things that worked imo), so if Marvel can only snag RDJ for the Avengers, then why not?
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...