Thread: House of M

Default House of M

Hey guys.
    I cant seem to find the answer to this question, so hopefully you can help me.

Where in the Avengers timeline do the ''house of M'' show up?
    I cant really figure out when to read it. In the New Avengers books, they mention some things that happened at the house of m. So should i just read it before New Avengers?
    Or will i miss a bigger context if i do so?

It's further along than one would think. I was just re-reading New Avengers last year, and I remember being a little stunned at how far along it occurs.

I can't remember the exact placement, but it's marked with the usual splash page of the pink space/time rift that we saw in all the books. You do know it when you come to the point where it happens.

I'd have to dig it out though, and that's not happening tonight (this morning?).
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I believe New Avengers #16 is the first issue that really requires you to have read House of M since it deals with the fallout. I don't remember any earlier issues making mention of it, though in intro page it claims that New Avengers #16 is taking place months after House of M.

It won't really spoil anything though, so you can read it whenever.
    Last edited by Juggernaut Punch; 05-11-2013 at 04:32 AM.

House of M is mentioned in 15 too. When Carol dropped by and they did the press unveiling?

And 14 and 15 go together.

I read it before New Avengers. NA takes place a while after Disassembled and House of M is basically directly after that, isn't it? Anyway if you see Ronin, you need to have read House of M by that point.

I don;t think there's anything you could miss by reading HoM first, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I read it before New Avengers. NA takes place a while after Disassembled and House of M is basically directly after that, isn't it? Anyway if you see Ronin, you need to have read House of M by that point.

I don;t think there's anything you could miss by reading HoM first, at least.
    So, i should start with Disassembled, then HoM, and after that NA?
    Correct me if i'm wrong :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cable89 View Post
    So, i should start with Disassembled, then HoM, and after that NA?
    Correct me if i'm wrong :)
    That's what I did.

Someone correct me if I'M wrong lol...

House of M falls in right after the first year of NA. Right after #13 if I'm not mistaken. Though, honestly, to the Avengers, the first major fall-out of it they have to deal with is the return of Hawkeye as Ronin (there is some mention of Ms Marvel wanting to expand her role as a super-hero, due to her being so proeminent in the HoM reality, but it's really not anything earth-shattering), and that happened after Civil War, so, really, it doesn't matter much where you read it, as long as you do it before Civil War.

Peace

Not related to Avengers in House of M, but I recommend that you read the "Masters of Evil" House of M mini. It's not what you would expect it to be like.

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cable89 View Post
    Hey guys.
    I cant seem to find the answer to this question, so hopefully you can help me.

Where in the Avengers timeline do the ''house of M'' show up?
    I cant really figure out when to read it. In the New Avengers books, they mention some things that happened at the house of m. So should i just read it before New Avengers?
    Or will i miss a bigger context if i do so?
    Reading order should run like this;

Avengers Disassembled
    New Avengers Omnibus 1
    New Avengers Omnibus 2
    House of M
    New Avengers Omnibus 3

If memory serves correctly. My graphics are all boxed up atm, will have to wait til I have room to display before I can check on that.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Not related to Avengers in House of M, but I recommend that you read the "Masters of Evil" House of M mini. It's not what you would expect it to be like.
    All three Christos Gage House of M mini-series (Avengers, Masters of Evil and Civil War) are fantastic. IMHO, much better than the actual event.

Peace