Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Age of Ultron, #8

With the Marvel Universe turned inside out, who will take responsibility for breaking the world? And is there any way to put it back? Wait until you see who is in charge of the new world order and how they got there...! A reality-spanning choice is made this issue that will affect the Marvel Universe for years and years to come.

Full article here.

So sick. I can't wait to see what happens. I suck at figuring things out.

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

Yeah, this preview isn't playing out at all like I expected. That's a pleasant surprise.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

That one panel urks me...It doesn't look like Thing pushes Emma at all...it looks like she tripped on her own feet falling forward while he walked by

I know Bendis likes to write Wolverine like a jerk, but does that have to apply to The Thing now too? And what's with popping his head . . . that's just mean, you'd think they didn't have superpowers or something . . .

*sighs* And yeah, Wolverine is an idiot, so I can understand Tony Stark explaining to him that bit about a failsafe or a virus, but in spectacular fashion, why didn't Sue Storm stop Wolverine and think of something like that? If she isn't that smart, which would be an uninspiring portrayal of her, you'd think she would have picked something up from being Reed's wife. I think this is the problem with Bendis' work often times, that he leaves glaring plot holes . . . and here it seems like he's trying to nip it in the bud, but honestly, Susan should have been the one to have realized this back when, even if Wolverine were going to be a total idiot . . .

Which is not in keeping with his being a Headmaster of a school . . .

Alternate reality universes and time schism stories are cool but . . . yeah, here it just doesn't play out really well. *sighs* I love what Bendis does with Ultimate Spider-man so I don't understand why he sucks so bad at writing The Avengers . . . I've just never really liked his massive event crossovers . . . they are clearly not his forte and he really shouldn't be writing so many Marvel books. I think if he wrote less books he'd write them better.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." ~Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_16 View Post
    I know Bendis likes to write Wolverine like a jerk, but does that have to apply to The Thing now too? And what's with popping his head . . . that's just mean, you'd think they didn't have superpowers or something . . .

*sighs* And yeah, Wolverine is an idiot, so I can understand Tony Stark explaining to him that bit about a failsafe or a virus, but in spectacular fashion, why didn't Sue Storm stop Wolverine and think of something like that? If she isn't that smart, which would be an uninspiring portrayal of her, you'd think she would have picked something up from being Reed's wife. I think this is the problem with Bendis' work often times, that he leaves glaring plot holes . . . and here it seems like he's trying to nip it in the bud, but honestly, Susan should have been the one to have realized this back when, even if Wolverine were going to be a total idiot . . .

Which is not in keeping with his being a Headmaster of a school . . .

Alternate reality universes and time schism stories are cool but . . . yeah, here it just doesn't play out really well. *sighs* I love what Bendis does with Ultimate Spider-man so I don't understand why he sucks so bad at writing The Avengers . . . I've just never really liked his massive event crossovers . . . they are clearly not his forte and he really shouldn't be writing so many Marvel books. I think if he wrote less books he'd write them better.
    I've been seeing people say this, and I understand where they're coming from. Wolverine recently killed his son though, on the possibility that he will become a menace in the future. So, why not somebody like Hank Pym who he isn't necessarily all that tight with? If anyone should have come up with a virus idea, it should have been Tony, but I think the way they're acting was to play up the the devastatingly bad situation they're in, like it's never been this bad before. The problem is, for us as readers, we didn't get to see how it reached this point, so for many there is a dis-connect. The despair isn't resonating like it was intended to. Also, Wolvie didn't give Sue or anyone else time to come up with an alternative once Cap and the others left, he made up his mind and bolted off on his own. That seems in character to me.

Superheroes acting like bullies is exactly the thing I find distasteful about Bendis' writing...I hate how at the first sign of adversity they always take the nastiest slant towards resolving a problem. Bendis super humans all have a barely suppressed contempt for every single other person in the room and it's really fucking old. BORING.