Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Seagle & Rouleau Discuss "Big Hero 6's" Big Debut

With the news of "Big Hero 6" as Disney Animation's first big Marvel animated film for 2014, CBR News spoke with character creators and Men of Action Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau about the announcement.

Full article here.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Definitely did not see that coming as their first animated feature.

Cool!
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Heard of the Team but never read anything about them so excited to see a film about Characters I really don't know (Minus SS and Sunfire obviously) . Should be decent .

Also Disney sooo should do an X- Babies Film that would be sooooooo cute , or a film About LockJaw the Dog ? Imagine the cuddly toys ? Cute as .
    Tattoos Music Sports and Comics . Derrick Rose / Jack Wilshere are Sporting Legends . England/Asia/The Caribbean All day !!

Hopefully this means a BH6 ongoing on the docket? Cut an extraneous Avengers title or two and make some room.

I have to admit, I am surprised by this being the 1st movie coming out of the Disney and Marvel deal, but then again, Disney can do some good in Japan, so who knows how this will turn out.

Ohaiyou Sanfrokyo! Can't wait to check out your shops!

0 interest in Big Hero 6..if i had to give 100 choices of what marvel group character i'd like to see in a film, Big hero 6 would not even make the list.

But I will probably at least see it as it is a big budget super hero movie

I actually think it's a really good idea do more risky projects like this with other properties.

The Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men have tons of cartoons and other media stuff out there and will continue to do so until the cows come home so you can just continue to watch that stuff. I find these bolder ventures more interesting and as a fan of good anime I'm really looking forward to seeing how they'll portray Big Hero 6 in animated form.

So when can Marvel expect these guys to sue for somehow not understanding that Big Hero 6 was created as work for hire?

I loved the hell out of their appearance in Alpha Flight

I can't wait for Big hero 6 plushies! I wonder if we'll get a new book out of this?

This is really cool. I think Big Hero 6 have been severely underutilized, for what are characters with a lot of potential.

Really excited for this. I had heard about this before but I guess I hadn't really taken it seriously until now. I had actually always thought that the plot for the eventual reveal of BH6 had been set up in Alpha Flight, with Sunfire mutating and then Lobdell had actually created the rest of the team with them guest starring in Alpha Flight after their mini, but I guess I was wrong. Huh. Oddly, I never really took to their Alpha Flight appearance, obviously not really 'getting' that the story was to kind of take advantage of the amerimanga thing. I really liked their first mini, it being right up Lobdell's alley, but I have to say that their second mini by Claremont was what really won me over. He just threw in so many tropes that it just made me smile, not to mention that it was by far one of the most bang for your buck comics I've ever read. Each issue had back-ups, reprints, bios, sketches or text-only pieces that were just awesome to absorb. I'm really hoping that the movie utilizes all the members of the team in some way (including 2 completely unrelated Sunpyres), being a huge fan of Wasabi no Ginger (awesome name) and Fred. I like Sunfire and Silver Samurai, but their replacements were just awesome. Also, c'mon Marvel let's finally see a Big Hero 6 #6! Its both hilarious and wrong that the last series ended at 5!

I became a fan of BH6 since their first appearance in ALPHA FLIGHT. I thought that their first mini series by Lobdell was good and I thought that their 2nd mini series Claremont was even better. I'm a huge fan of the original BH6 members/team roster and the 2 new members (Wasabi and Fred) that were co-created by Claremont. IMO, if Marvel ever does decide to put out another BH6 mini series (or an ongoing series) I think that they should hire CC and the artist from the 2nd BH6 mini series to work on the book. It most likely won't sell, but it might be a fun read.

Unless we get football game in the movie I don't care.

Cyclops ad portas