Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pak Discusses "Jaws," Jae Lee & "Batman/Superman"

CBR News spoke to writer Greg Pak who shares images and gives new details about his and Jae Lee's upcoming "Batman/Superman" ongoing series, as well as what readers should expect from the book.

Full article here.

I know I just made a thread about a plot point frustration I have with this series, I still can't wait for it! The Batman/Superman back-up story that just ended in Batman was great. I love when these two team up :)

I think their team-ups really put into perspective that DC is the house with the best street-level hero (Batman) and the best fantasy/sci-fi-based super hero (Superman)

Truly the world's finest

The extra beat in the Batman origin of child-bruce curled up in the crooked arm of his dead father, mirroring the reading from the earlier panel...

Jesus Christ, Jae Lee.

My morning is shattered. That work is GORGEOUS. I want to cover myself in those pages.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Can't wait, but I also have a problem looking at Jae Lee's work and not seeing Roland Deschain and Gilead.
    <insert awesome quote here>

Looking at those preview pages renews my hope in this series, can't wait!
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrmonkey View Post
    Can't wait, but I also have a problem looking at Jae Lee's work and not seeing Roland Deschain and Gilead.
    I need to read the Dark Tower comics. I'm on book 5 of the book series. How were the comics Marvel put out for it?

I was wondering how Pak would pull off their first meeting since that happened in JL, but what's on that preview is pretty smart. He has them meet out of costume, without knowing each other's secret IDs! Smart. I won't buy it if the price is $3.99 for 20 pages, but I might get the trade. The art is beautiful!

Wow. Just... wow.

Looking forward to this one. The backups in Batman were really fun, so hopefully this series can do just as well.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Pak does the dark, emotional stuff very well. The strongest work of his to date has been Magneto: Testament, I think.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Can't believe this is less than a month away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrmonkey View Post
    I see that you have not forgotten the face of your father.

I have a hard time gauging my expectations on this series but I will say that it looks spectacular. With Inc wrapping up this will be a welcome addition to my reading list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Can't believe this is less than a month away!
    I know right! I can't wait now and that artwork is gorgeous. I just want to read this now
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Just take my money alreadyyyyy!!!