Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    IGN got a review up for Thor 2; http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/10/23/...d-video-review

It got a 6.8.

For comparison both Mos/IM3 got a 9, Wolverine got a 8.5, Pacific Rim got a 7.2. So by their standards it is the weakest Superhero movie of the year.
    Well, when Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 and Wolverine outscores Pacific Rim, it might be a good idea to... doubt the quality of the reviews.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by SNascimento View Post
    Well, when Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 and Wolverine outscores Pacific Rim, it might be a good idea to... doubt the quality of the reviews.
    Well they do provide reasons

> bad villain
    > bad romance
    > cliched plot
    > no explanation of certain pivotal plot points/over explanation of certain plot points

+ good fight scenes
    + Loki

EDIT: Also I really don't get Pacific Rim worship. Its a fine movie, but I think people like it for reasons other than the movie; underdog, the director, the genre, etc
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Didn't watch the video but Superman just has too much of a speed advantage to lose. Also, Superman's "Weakness to magic" just doesn't work the way some folks think it does. Not that I don't like Thor. He's one of my favorites.

Pacific Rim got a 7.2. So by their standards it is the weakest Superhero movie of the year.
    Pacific Rim was a monster movie...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

When the reviewer said it failed to live up to IM3's "potential", I immediately lost all interest and understanding in the review.

CIN.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

For comparison both Mos/IM3 got a 9, Wolverine got a 8.5, Pacific Rim got a 7.2. So by their standards it is the weakest Superhero movie of the year.
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertain...rse-god-or-not

But is there no hint of creative fatigue creeping in? “I don’t know if there’s an infinite amount of expansion that we can do,” Feige told Reuters ahead of the premiere of Thor: The Dark World in London. “But if you look at the comics, they’ve been telling a story a month for 50 years or so, so there’s a lot of stories we can tell.

“I’d like to think that as long as we keep surprising audiences, as long as we keep taking chances and evolving characters in our movies so that they can’t quite pin us down or tell where we’re going to go next, that we’ll keep the audiences engaged and they’ll keep coming to see it.” So far this year, the Superman reboot Man of Steel has cleared $662 million and Iron Man 3 some $1.2 billion worldwide, double what the first two movies in that franchise pulled in individually, according to the ticket tracking website Boxofficemojo.com.

“There’s a certain amount of spectacle and scale with superhero movies that makes people think its time to drive out and see them on a big screen,” Feige said.

“Then it’s the characters. I think people like to see a flawed hero overcome their flaws to prevail.”

Sci-Fi myth

For the second Thor movie, Feige and his director Alan Taylor have banked firmly on humour, often found in juxtaposing everyday life in the film’s London setting with the hammer-wielding Norse God of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Pacific Rim was a monster movie...
    I know, but Pacific Rim people are weird

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

This battle will be fought at the box office, starting in just under a week.

For those of us in Australia, anyway.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Personally, I think that Supes v. Thor battle from JLA\AVENGERS should be disqualified from canon consideration! From what Mr.Busiek has commented on in reference to the story, he used Thor's battle against count Nefaria as sort of a blueprint for Thor's fight with Supes. JIM SHOOTER wrote Nefaria as having the power of the Silver Age Superman (the planet mover, yadda,yadda) but even with that, Shooter was attacked during that time for making Thor "too weak", which prompted Shooter to write a later story where Thor admitted that he was unconsciously "holding back". Now, if Shooter admitted he made a mistake about Thor's power level, and Busiek used a flawed interpretation of Thor as a source, then his own story itself was flawed!

For instance, Supes hit Thor with his heat vision--BUT Thor has used his hammer to absorb the cosmic bolts of the Silver Surfer so Kal's heat vision shouldn't have been a problem. And why was Thor seemingly unable to summon a storm to blast Superman with magic lightning, ala whenever Captain Marvel hits him with a SHAZAM bolt? And what happened to the "God Blast", where Thor funnels his inner energies through Mjolnir? If Thor can fend off a weakened Galactus, who is more powerful than Darkseid, couldn't he do likewise to a mere solar-powered Kryptonian?

So again, the Busiek story should be ignored, especially since back-stage politics between DC and Marvel may have also been involved...
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    Personally, I think that Supes v. Thor battle from JLA\AVENGERS should be disqualified from canon consideration! From what Mr.Busiek has commented on in reference to the story, he used Thor's battle against count Nefaria as sort of a blueprint for Thor's fight with Supes. JIM SHOOTER wrote Nefaria as having the power of the Silver Age Superman (the planet mover, yadda,yadda) but even with that, Shooter was attacked during that time for making Thor "too weak", which prompted Shooter to write a later story where Thor admitted that he was unconsciously "holding back". Now, if Shooter admitted he made a mistake about Thor's power level, and Busiek used a flawed interpretation of Thor as a source, then his own story itself was flawed!

For instance, Supes hit Thor with his heat vision--BUT Thor has used his hammer to absorb the cosmic bolts of the Silver Surfer so Kal's heat vision shouldn't have been a problem. And why was Thor seemingly unable to summon a storm to blast Superman with magic lightning, ala whenever Captain Marvel hits him with a SHAZAM bolt? And what happened to the "God Blast", where Thor funnels his inner energies through Mjolnir? If Thor can fend off a weakened Galactus, who is more powerful than Darkseid, couldn't he do likewise to a mere solar-powered Kryptonian?

So again, the Busiek story should be ignored, especially since back-stage politics between DC and Marvel may have also been involved...
    But that would violate my own canon rule: "Any fight in which Superman quotes Spinal Tap must be canon."
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

And why was Thor seemingly unable to summon a storm to blast Superman with magic lightning, ala whenever Captain Marvel hits him with a SHAZAM bolt?
    As far as I can tell, Thor summons lightning, not magical lightning.

Every story involves back-stage politics. We should disregard every appearance of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    But that would violate my own canon rule: "Any fight in which Superman quotes Spinal Tap must be canon."
    My rule is: "Spinal Tap quote = Win". No matter how the story played out Superman won. Thor had no Spinal Tap quotes, so he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwathings View Post
    My rule is: "Spinal Tap quote = Win". No matter how the story played out Superman won. Thor had no Spinal Tap quotes, so he lost.
    Pretty much. If only he had mentioned that his magic hammer Goes Up To Eleven, he would have had a chance. But no. Spinal Tap beats all.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    This battle will be fought at the box office, starting in just under a week.

For those of us in Australia, anyway.
    there are camels in Australia

That in itself ignores what Thor told Aquaman - that he now has Superman's 'measure', and thereby strongly asserting that their next encounter could/would go differently.

For instance, Supes hit Thor with his heat vision--BUT Thor has used his hammer to absorb the cosmic bolts of the Silver Surfer so Kal's heat vision shouldn't have been a problem.
    Heat vision wouldn't have been a problem if Thor had used Mjolnir in the way you describe, but he chose not to.

And why was Thor seemingly unable to summon a storm to blast Superman with magic lightning,
    'Summoned by magic' does not equal 'magical in nature'.

ala whenever Captain Marvel hits him with a SHAZAM bolt?
    Superman has withstood the Shazam-bolt on numerous occasions.

And what happened to the "God Blast", where Thor funnels his inner energies through Mjolnir? If Thor can fend off a weakened Galactus, who is more powerful than Darkseid, couldn't he do likewise to a mere solar-powered Kryptonian?
    There's nothing 'mere' about that solar-powered Kryptonian...