Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    You clearly haven't read many Captain America comics.
    Okay, so what? Spiderman has pretty much media wise has been the dominate role model role for kids not Steve.

I only base my knowledge of Cap mostly on Avengers titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Okay, so what? Spiderman has pretty much media wise has been the dominate role model role for kids not Steve.
    Spider-Man certainly gets a lot more exposure in pop culture than Cap. But I don't know as he's any better, or worse, as a role model to kids.

Probably says something that Peter considers Cap one of his role models.
    Be all you can be.

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Dan Slott certainly thinks so. This is from his interview at Newsarama:

"There's a legion of fans that have grown up with Peter especially the last 20 years where they look at Peter Parker as a paragon of humanity. As a saint, who would never make the wrong choice. Would never do anything less than true heroism. Who would never have a dark thought or impulse even for a billionth of a nanosecond. Somewhere down the line, people starting thinking of Pete as Steve Rogers with spider-powers

Sorry, that's not Peter Parker. Peter Parker is that guy in Amazing Fantasy #15 who has all the powers of Spider-Man, and is going to selfishly use them for him and his family, and to hell with the rest of the world. He goes right into showbiz, and that burglar runs right past him, and he could have stopped him a million ways, and he couldn't be bothered. And then that guy goes on to kill Uncle Ben, and that's when it resonates. That's when he learns that with Great Power Must Come Great Responsibility. If that burglar had shot someone else's uncle, Peter would just be going along jim-dandy, two shows a night, matinees off on weekends."

I don't agree with Mr. Slott.
    You don't agree with all the facts he's stated?
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Cap A is boring gary stu, like Superman but he's more realistic than Supes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Knight View Post
    Cap A is boring gary stu, like Superman but he's more realistic than Supes though.
    I have really seen Captain America come down in estimation after giving up in Civil War, seeing him give up in Fear Itself, and again, have no confidence in Age of Ultron. Steve was a gary Stu type, but he has become more 3 dimensional as a result of his being affected by pitfalls. We just need Remender to cut down on some books in Caps own series, so we can get to the crux about why Steve fails, because he has daddy issues, and we will have the whole picture.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Knight View Post
    Never found Steve Rogers character boring. As time has gone on, I've come to appreciate his character more and more. Now he's in my top five.
    Be all you can be.

R.I.P. Blue Beetle AlanScott606's Avatar

As far as role models for children go, Cap is the ideal that parents want their children to grow up to be but Peter is what most likely the best they can achieve. Peter just has more realistic qualities than Steve does. Peter usually makes the right decision but he has doubts and fears, like we all would yet Cap is usually shown with unwavering confidence.

Peter and Steve are far more alike than people would think at just a glance, it's just Peter comes across as more realistic in nature.

Sure, why not.