Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Superboy #20

"BLOOD AND STEEL" begins as The Teen of Steel decides it's time to become more proactive in his battle against evil. But how far will he go before he crossed the line?

Full preview here.

Looks interesting. New creative team gives me hope but I'll wait for reviews though, I don't see any local stores running out of copies before the weeks out

What happened to RB Silva's art? In the beginning of the series it was so clean and now it has an unfinished or unpolished look.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    What happened to RB Silva's art? In the beginning of the series it was so clean and now it has an unfinished or unpolished look.
    Seems Silva was rushed this issue. Just finished reading it and there where 4 different artists, RB Silva, Rob Lean, Kenneth Rocafort, and Chriscross.

Metal Woman

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Seems Silva was rushed this issue. Just finished reading it and there where 4 different artists, RB Silva, Rob Lean, Kenneth Rocafort, and Chriscross.

Metal Woman
    Rob lean and chrisscross are inkers, its just silva and rocafort.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Rob lean and chrisscross are inkers, its just silva and rocafort.
    There was definitely an artist there who was not Silva or Rocafort. Those two have very distinctive styles, and the beginning and end of the book was done by someone(s) else.

Metal Woman

Yeah your right, there are like four or so pages with someone else drawing them, amd it might have been chrisscross, had a captain marvel(genis vell) feel to it.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

OK, now, enough about the art. How did the story go? Was it good?

Quote Originally Posted by PRgirl94 View Post
    OK, now, enough about the art. How did the story go? Was it good?
    I liked it. The dialog was a lot better than previous issues, and it set up several interesting plots to be explored in future issues:
    spoilers:

Superboy's alliance with Doctor Psyco, Krypto, the battle against H.I.V.E, the fight with what I assume to be the Superboy from the other timeline, and how Superboy's actions are changing the timeline.
    end of spoilers

Metal Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I liked it. The dialog was a lot better than previous issues, and it set up several interesting plots to be explored in future issues:
    spoilers:

Superboy's alliance with Doctor Psyco, Krypto, the battle against H.I.V.E, the fight with what I assume to be the Superboy from the other timeline, and how Superboy's actions are changing the timeline.
    end of spoilers

Metal Woman
    Well then, it looks like Justin Jordan is doing well for his first issue.

spoilers:

BTW, the other Superboy's name is Jon, just to be informative. How did this issue's story tie in with him? Was he shown or mentioned in this issue?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by PRgirl94; 05-08-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Veteran Member

Thought this was simply okay. It was an improvement over what came before but nothing mindblowing.

I was expecting more from Jordan, he better deliver the premise he was promising on future issues.
    Last edited by Rakzo; 05-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.

For a starting issue of a new writer, this got a "meh" from me. Not really Jordan's fault since he's been left with storylines from Lobdell and Defalco's run. It didn't feel like the start of a brand new era at all. I'm gonna pass on this some more until the confrontation with Jon. At least krypto will be around eventually.

As for the art, what the heck happened to Silva?! He used to be good. Loved his Jimmy Olsen stories as well as his early work in Superboy. Now it's just...ugh. Get Marcus To on this book already.

Quote Originally Posted by PRgirl94 View Post
    Well then, it looks like Justin Jordan is doing well for his first issue.

spoilers:

BTW, the other Superboy's name is Jon, just to be informative. How did this issue's story tie in with him? Was he shown or mentioned in this issue?
    end of spoilers
    He is never shown on panel, we just see Superboy and Krypto getting the crap beaten out of them by someone with powers similar to Superboy's.

Metal Woman

I jumped on board with the last issue and so far so good. While the latest issue wasn't outstanding, it does a fairly good job of setting up what is to come.

I look forward to seeing how Superboy ends up the way he did at the beginning of the issue.

Its fun seeing SB getting knocked around, but still kicking butt old school. Kon sounds like a teen.

Hey i dont know if thats jon, his power was blue, when jons was shown red last issue, also he put krypto asleep, thats telepathy, not TK.

I wouldnt mind kon dressing a lil less "hipster" or whatever its called, he has always been more a tshirt average guy dresser.

I do like that his TTK is powerful, but just like the 90's TTK is still not enough to wipe the floor with everyone, he has to think to win.

Psycho better spill the parental beans next issue.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch