Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm dying for Freedom Fighters to come back, but anyone could have told you that these single character mini's were going to bomb when the entire team doesn't sell.

Put an upper level established artist on the team title with P&G writing and I think it could sell. Throw in some crossover characters as well.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Huh, I didn't realize there were mini for the other FF in the nu52. I only read the Ray, which was a fun read actually. I'll have to go dig up the others.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    The second mini suffered from xeroxes posing as art, and the ongoing series was just a disgusting gore-fest. Shame, there was so much potential.
    Renato Arlem did the 2nd mini. And yeah, that was not one of his better outings. However, his art looked somewhat similar on Cary Bates' Last Family of Krypton series and it worked REALLY well, I thought.

Only thing I remember about the ongoing was the art - it looks, compared to the 2 minis, like very generic and unspectacular (albeit decent) superhero art, and that somehow killed the unique/weird look FF tended to have for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I haven't seen a lot posted here so I thought I would just throw this out there.

Am I the only one that is enjoying the limited series by P&G that are rebooting the former member of Freedom Fighters for the nuDCU??

I liked RAY. I thought PHANTOM LADY AND DOLL MAN was even better than RAY. HUMAN BOMB I have only read the first issue thus far but I am enjoying it.

But all that being said, I am a great fan of P&G's writing. I have followed them through several books and have never failed to be entertained by their writing.

I wish that DC would maybe toss them a higher profile book like TEEN TITANS or BIRDS OF PREY. Both of those titles could use a little polishing up.
    Read all of dem, enjoyd all fo dem & hopefully d nxt minis will b on d nu 52 "Uncle Sam" & Black Condor(who shd b a Native American with T.K/Telekinetic pwrs).