Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Making the Most of A Comic Con's Kids' Day

Sunday Kids' Days at conventions has given parents the opportunity to share their love of comics with the next generation of fans -- or wear them out by trying to fit it all in, theme-park style.

Full article here.

My friend just had a baby, and I really want to take him to some conventions when he's older. This really helped to give me a plan on what to expect and what to do.

The budget is a real big one, for me. When I was a kid, my mom never gave us a budget. This wasn't because she had a lot of money, quite the opposite, but it always came back to haunt her. Yes, me and my brother knew there were toys we couldn't have, but then she would go overboard on the smaller stuff.

I first took my daughter to Wizard World Chicgao in 2011. She was about 3 1/2. It helped me to have a little stroller so she wouldn't get too tired. We even made a game weaving in and out of the crowds. They had a passport game for the kids where they had to get stamps at various kid themed booths/artists. I got a nice hardcover Dora collection with a personalized sketch drawn by the artist (can't remember his name right now). All in all a good time. I can't wait to take my 2 1/2 year old son soon.