Default why do you love batman?

me first, he is a brave man.

He's Always Right Ismail's Light's Avatar

Scary creature of the night prowling the shadows of a neo-gothic city and terrifying the crap out of rank and file henchmen whilst casually beating the shit out of a whole host of colorful super villains, and looking like a badass while doing it.

Also, Poison Ivy.

Because technically, there is nothing impossible about him in the real world. Would he last as long as he has in the real world without going down to defeat? Probably not. But he is as the band Queen described Flash Gordon: "Just a man, with a man's courage. Nothing but a man, who can never fail."

I'd say Gotham would not be if he was not watching..

Because he's the modern Zorro!

A man with a tragic past who reinvents himself with a powerful intellect, cunning, greatest gadgets, to take back his city, from the most psychotic and enigmatic rogues ever imagined.

And when things get real Dark, he shows up on a freakin horse!

Last edited by Guicho; 05-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.

For me, it's always been because of Catwoman.

She's almost always (except from 1954 to 1966) been a part of his life. Either as friend, lover, anti-hero or rogue.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Because technically, there is nothing impossible about him in the real world. Would he last as long as he has in the real world without going down to defeat? Probably not. But he is as the band Queen described Flash Gordon: "Just a man, with a man's courage. Nothing but a man, who can never fail."
    I have to say that I've never agreed with this. How many world class athletes have or even could master nearly every martial art, mechanics, forensic science and criminology? It's not so much that there aren't people with the raw capacity to do this, it's more a factor of time. There is only so much time in a human life to master one art or profession. History leans toward the polymath being sedentary "intellectual" not an adventurer. (Yes, I fully buy into Batman and all the conceits as a reader.)

If you think about it, Superman is far more plausable. Once we accept superhuman powers, there is nothing that Superman does that you need to suspend belief in as far as "time" goes.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

First and foremost batman is the famous superhero

Yeah. Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    This. Unlike Superman etc ANYBODY could in theory be Batman.

Because he's the goddamn Batman. 'Nuff said.
    Find me on Twitter: @omahajon