Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Female lead comic that over 50~ issue

i see a lot of list that look like these "Top 10 Female Characters "
    but most the times it characters from others book

so What the Best Female lead comic that have over 50~ issue
    - no team book (expat if they all females BOP)

to tell the truth i ask because i have no idea, i can only think of Batgirl (2000)

Brubaker's Catwoman is the first thing that jumps to mind. Her first 90s series could qualify too depending on who you ask, but it's not nearly as widely acclaimed as Brubaker's stint.
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

She-Hulk's last series with Dan Slott and Peter David would qualify if you count the previous 12-issue volume, with the second volume effectively being a "Season Two" (as so many publishers are wont to do these days). Really good stuff, especially Slott's stories.

Wonder Woman and Batgirl

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

So you are accepting all-female team books? If so, Birds of Prey. Dixon's portion was quite good and Simone's part was excellent.
    Stuff people complain about on boards is stuff that sells best.Stuff boards & Tumblr support almost uniformly sells poorly.I am not happy about this,it makes me sad.But itís true-Gail Simone(edit)

i remember Peter David super girl
    and per-N52 supergirl

Also, I'm sure Ron Marz has written over 50 issues of Witchblade by now, and he's done a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Also, I'm sure Ron Marz has written over 50 issues of Witchblade by now, and he's done a great job.
    Ron Marz and Witchblade are two names that pretty much guarantee I won't be reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Ron Marz and Witchblade are two names that pretty much guarantee I won't be reading it.
    I understand the trepidation, but trust me when I say it really is good. Marz threw out a lot of the cheesecake/90's Image stuff and just writes the book as an urban fantasy/detective series with some excellent characterization and interesting ideas. And the artists (particularly Stjepan Sejic) draw Sara Pezinni as dressing like you'd expect a cop working missions other than prostitution stings, wearing sensible shirts and pants at work, jogging clothes when off work, and not having the rest of her wardrobe torn off when she uses the Witchblade.

Wonder Woman
    Red Sonja (well, atleast gonna be 75 issues, before next rebooted renumeration )

Sorry, I would say CATWOMAN, but probably most consistent of quality of FUN on her own title was Jim Balent-drawn years, but am aware later issues of series was done with him gone (thus down-hilling things). And SUPERGIRL, only Supergirl I would call "Supergirl" is Kara Zor-El (sorry Matrix), and regardless length of previous volume, turned to "blah" the moment she was wearing SKORTS - so, was only readable to me first 18 or 19 issues of 68 (according to comicvine).
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Speaking of Jim Balent, Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose meets the length requirement, if not the "best" part....

Quote Originally Posted by GarageGlamorous View Post
    Brubaker's Catwoman is the first thing that jumps to mind. Her first 90s series could qualify too depending on who you ask, but it's not nearly as widely acclaimed as Brubaker's stint.
    Nahhh....Brubaker's run qualifies, yes, but often consistently murky or plain art (that includes you, Darwyn Cooke! No offence, but I'd rather have a SEXY, curvaceous Catwoman like Balent's than "practical" Catwoman *yawn!*) and grim & gritty, often even grittier than Batman's, storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Sorry, I would say CATWOMAN, but probably most consistent of quality of FUN on her own title was Jim Balent-drawn years, but am aware later issues of series was done with him gone (thus down-hilling things).
    Jim Balent leaving a comic can only ever make it better.

If Love and Rockets doesn't count then Stanley's Little Lulu. Dead serious: John Stanley was, in multiple ways, the best writer to work in mainstream comics ever.

Really, really good... but not 50 issues. The Desert Peach made it to # 32, Mary Marvel made it to # 28 before changing to Monty Hale Western. Naughty Bits made it to # 40.

What else is on the list - I only know about American comics, but I'm sure there are female-led manga series that have lasted 50 volumes.

Patsy Walker (MULTIPLE > 50 issue title runs.)
    Betty
    Veronica
    Little Dot
    Little Audrey
    Dag, little Lotta had 120 issues. Never woulda guessed.
    Wendy the Good Little Witch
    Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    Vampirella
    Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
    Barbie
    Lois Lane
    Millie the Model
    Winnie the Witch??? - Charlton's Ghostly Haunts made it to issue 50, but I dunno how many she hosted.
    Ms. Marvel
    She-Hulk
    Wonder Woman - Actually, I'm not sure when the Marson/Peter run ends, but it's certainly one of the best superhero books ever.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

I can't believe I forgot Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose. *Hangs head in shame.*
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas