Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: Higgins on "Nightwing's" New Reality

From a fresh supporting cast in his new city of Chicago to the cyber judgement of an all-new Prankster and mobster Tony Zucco walking the straight and narrow, Kyle Higgins steers "Nightwing" in a different direction.

Full article here.

So I've been burned by Higgins' interviews before, but this made me a bit more interested in his bringing back Zucco. I thought it was a weak story idea, but the idea that Zucco has kind of gotten his life together and is on the straight and narrow interests me. It could be a great moment for Dick to forgive his parents' killer; it would really distinguish him from Bruce, and be a definitive example of his moving on from his past.

I don't know, that's just me. I think it could be great development for him.

I absolutely LOVE that they are placing him in Chicago. As I only live a couple hours away from that city, it's good to see one of my favorite heroes spend some time there.

I hope he brings in Nite-Wing, Tarantula, and Torque. Would love to see new 52 revamps/reboots for those rogues.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    I hope he brings in Nite-Wing, Tarantula, and Torque. Would love to see new 52 revamps/reboots for those rogues.
    I'd like to see a New 52 Blockbuster as well, but I doubt they would base him in Chicago.

Sounds intriguing. I like the idea of Dick forgiving Zucco or even aiding in Zucco's redemption if that's where the story is going.

He has a new suit too
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

I feel a little better about the Zucco thing. I wasn't expecting this take on things. They just need to keep the energy from last issue going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Strike View Post
    I'd like to see a New 52 Blockbuster as well, but I doubt they would base him in Chicago.
    Blockbuster made his new52 debut in Savage Hawkman. I have the floppy but haven't read it yet. Don't know if it's dumb Blockie or smart Blockie.

I really like this idea for Zucco. I have high hopes for this arc and I definitely think it's going to hit it.

And count me in on wanting to see Tarantula again.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Blockbuster made his new52 debut in Savage Hawkman. I have the floppy but haven't read it yet. Don't know if it's dumb Blockie or smart Blockie.
    I didn't know that, thanks. Do you know what #?

Quote Originally Posted by RKitch View Post
    And count me in on wanting to see Tarantula again.
    One of dicks many rapists... anyway it's been good so far, and Booth's a good designer but i'm willing to bet she'll have superpowers or something.
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

I wanted to make things a bit more vibrant in the supporting cast. I don't think what we were doing in Gotham was quite as vibrant. It was a different feel and tone.

A lot of this comes down to Brett. Eddie Barrows is fantastic, and I loved working with him, but that's definitely a different style than Brett's stuff. Eddie's a little darker and grittier while Brett is flashier, which fits really well for Nightwing. It's bright. It's energetic. It's kinetic.
    Huh. I get the feeling Higgins has been reading our posts.

That would be super encouraging actually.

I kind of feel like some how Tony Zucco is going have a choice between getting away or saving Nightwings life and he is going to save Nightwing, because he is a changed man.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her