Default The Defenders/Ant-Man/Giant Man/Hank Pym/Prince Namor/Silver Surfer/other Defenders

Why oh why are there no current series of these characters and/or this team?

I WANT TO READ THEM!!!

I can do without Red She-Hulk but otherwise this seems like a great line up with lots of potential.

Especially having solo-titles for the Sun-Mariner and Dr. Pym would be awesome!

I realize there is Fearless Defenders but even the writer himself states basically other than the name there is nothing in common.
    Last edited by TedderX; 05-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    -Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, ANAD X-Factor, GeNEXT, Captain America, Winter Soldier (miss him), The Owl

I am loving Fearless Defenders but I would love a book containing what I consider to be the quintessential Defenders, Hulk, Namor, Strange and the Silver Surfer. It seems that a pretty popular opinion is that these four wouldn't really work in an ongoing (too powerful?) and a mini is the best way forward. I say no, give me a freaking ongoing!

Solo books for Strange, Namor and the Silver Surfer would also be greatly appreciated
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I am loving Fearless Defenders but I would love a book containing what I consider to be the quintessential Defenders, Hulk, Namor, Strange and the Silver Surfer. It seems that a pretty popular opinion is that these four wouldn't really work in an ongoing (too powerful?) and a mini is the best way forward. I say no, give me a freaking ongoing!

Solo books for Strange, Namor and the Silver Surfer would also be greatly appreciated
    *cough* and Ant-Man *cough*
    -Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, ANAD X-Factor, GeNEXT, Captain America, Winter Soldier (miss him), The Owl

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    *Cough* Not Ant-Man *Cough*

Nah Ant-Man is alright, I can take him or leave him. I have no real desire to read him though.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I say CBR should write a strongly-worded letter to Marvel.

I don't buy the "too powerful" jive. Avengers get Captain America. What's more powerful than a true Patriot? Nothing.
    Last edited by TedderX; 05-06-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Well, Namor and Dr. Strange are currently in New Avengers as the Illuminati . . . Ant Man (Lang) is in FF . . . Hulk will be in at least an issue of Secret Avengers, and is also a member of the Avengers . . . where's Hank Pym hanging out these days? (Besides being killed by Wolverine in Age of Ultron?)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hooked on a Feeling

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    It boggles the mind that we, in the 50 years of Ant-Man's existence, NEVER got a solo ongoing.

Irredeemable was the closest we got to an ongoing, despite it intentionally being a maxi.

Maybe we'll get one with the movie....Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SpycrabKiller View Post
    It boggles the mind that we, in the 50 years of Ant-Man's existence, NEVER got a solo ongoing.

Irredeemable was the closest we got to an ongoing, despite it intentionally being a maxi.

Didn't he have continuing features in the past?

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by SpycrabKiller View Post

If the movie ever comes out, we'll undoubtedly see a series. Although I don't think they'll go in this direction, I'd like to see "THE ASTONISHING ADVENTURES OF DR PYM!" And just do like a hyper Dr Who thing. Weird science adventures and off beat journeys. I'd have Scott Lang and O'Grady (even though I'm not a big fan) and I'd bring back Cassie as supporting cast. The only reason I wouldn't have Jan in it is cuz I'd want to save her for a solo title.

I'm not sure who would be a good fit. Maybe Mark Waid? Warren Ellis? Someone with a good feel for science fiction...

That was one of my favorite books back in the day, but even then there were stretches that were awful. I had high hopes for the last series, but it just didn't work for me. I still wish it had survived, though. It was great having them together again, though I doubt Marvel will try again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If the movie ever comes out, we'll undoubtedly see a series. Although I don't think they'll go in this direction, I'd like to see "THE ASTONISHING ADVENTURES OF DR PYM!" And just do like a hyper Dr Who thing. Weird science adventures and off beat journeys. I'd have Scott Lang and O'Grady (even though I'm not a big fan) and I'd bring back Cassie as supporting cast. The only reason I wouldn't have Jan in it is cuz I'd want to save her for a solo title.

I'm not sure who would be a good fit. Maybe Mark Waid? Warren Ellis? Someone with a good feel for science fiction...
    It really is the best direction to go for a Pym book, but it just ain't happening. Some folks at Marvel keep getting hung up on his superhero identities, although he's much stronger without it. There's also the incident which many Marvel writers still can't get over. It's like anytime they mention Pym as a leading character, the story's always about getting him over that incident even though it's so far in the past. Jan got over it. The other Avengers got over it. Why is it that the writers are the only ones who can't get over it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, Namor and Dr. Strange are currently in New Avengers as the Illuminati . . . Ant Man (Lang) is in FF . . . Hulk will be in at least an issue of Secret Avengers, and is also a member of the Avengers . . . where's Hank Pym hanging out these days? (Besides being killed by Wolverine in Age of Ultron?)
    Hank's one of the key members in Avengers A.I., plus Waid tends to show him some love every so often in Daredevil. The character actually had a pretty strong run pre-NOW between Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 05-08-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.