Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Mentallo

Flex Mentallo is indeed the best work of Morrison/Quitely. It does more in 4 issues than most comics can do in 40. After finishing that, I'd recommend seven soldiers as it's a masterpiece

I read it for the first time recently, an utter mind trip in the best way possible. As others have said before, it fits so much character and plot into a mere four issues. Fantastic and bonkers. :)
    Current Favourites: Animal Man, Batman, Empire of the Dead. Federal Bureau of Physics, Green Arrow, Rogues Rebellion, Swamp Thing, The Wake

Morrison has said multiple times that he sees Flex as part of a thematic trilogy along with The Invisibles and The Filth, so maybe read those next?
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Unfortunately, I thought it was his worst work, right up there with Seaguy. And I'm a Grant Morrison fan who reads nearly everything he writes.

Chiming in late but have to say if you haven't already : GET FLEX MENTALLO BEFORE THIS THREAD EXPLODES!
    It is wonderful as a stand alone story, as an extension of his Doom Patrol, and as part of Morrison's spanning themes about comics, existence, reality/fiction, his personal growth, yadda yadda yadda.

Also, after you have read it I hope you let us kow what you think as discussing Flex can be quite enjoyable itself.

And it is cover to cover full of gorgeous Frank Quitely art which is worth the purchase alone.

Personally I'd read The Invisibles first since that's such a masterpiece, but man both those series are so good!