Tough Gus

Default What are some of the best omnibus and collections you can recommend for these heroes?

Hi. New user looking to get into hero comics. What are the best collections to get to learn about the histories and current going ons of these franchises? I don't have any comic shops anywhere near I live or I could probably have asked there. So far all I have is the Teen New Titans Omnibus One and The Death Of Superman. I also got a thing on Solomon Grundy. I want to start with kinda a clean slate on these, like at the origins but not go so far back to where comics were mainly meant for kids and never really got all that serious. I am not expecting one person to answer all of this more hoping to keep getting suggestions until I eventually get caught up.

Aquaman
    Batman
    Beast Boy (a favorite)
    Blue Beetle
    Green Arrow
    The Flash
    Hawk Girl
    The Martian Man Hunter
    Raven
    Swamp Thing
    Frankenstein
    Unknown Soldier
    Solomon Grundy
    Doomsday
    Darkseid
    Bane
    Clayface
    Scarecrow

For groups I only really know about Teen Titans and The Justice League. So what are some good collections/omnibus to look into? Also can you suggest some other groups and heroes I might be interested in?

[QUOTE]Aquaman[/QUO.[/B][/I]
    Batman
    Well that would be a long list. Maybe Year One and then Grant Morrison's run? Starting with Batman and Son or Batman: Black Glove - Deluxe Edition.
    Blue Beetle
    If you mean Jamie then the '06 series. There's six trades. If you meant Ted then Justice League International.
    Green Arrow
    Year One, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, Longbow Hunters, Hunter's Moon which is coming out in November and maybe the '01 series.
    The Flash
    The Geoff Johns omnibuses and the rest of the trades of the second volume (which is about Wally). Or the first trade of The New 52 series (which is about Barry).
    Martian Manhunter
    Again Justice League International and The Ostrander series. The first trade of that will be coming out in the beginning of 2014.
    Swamp Thing
    Len Wein's run (been collected several times), the legendary Moore run and the current series.
    Frankenstein
    Seven Soldiers of Victory and The New 52 series.
    Unknown Soldier
    The Ennis mini which will be reprinted in the beginning of 2014, The New 52 series G.I. Combat and the Dysart series, though that features another Unknown Soldier.
    Darkseid
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World omnibuses.
    Bane
    Knightfall, Batman vs. Bane and Secret Six.
    BB

Tough Gus

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to start looking them up just as soon as I get done eating.

Tough Gus

Quote Originally Posted by GuyCarlPeterson View Post
    Okay so this is how the list looks now.

Aquaman
    Beast Boy (a favorite)
    Hawk Girl
    Raven
    Solomon Grundy
    Doomsday
    Clayface
    Scarecrow
    Batman - Year One, Batman and Son, Batman: Black Glove - Deluxe Edition, Batman: Venom
    Blue Beetle - '06 series
    Green Arrow - Year One, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, Longbow Hunters, Hunter's Moon, '01 series
    The Flash - Geoff John's Omnibus v.1, New 52 v.1
    Martian Manhunter - Justice League International v.1
    Swamp Thing - Saga Of The Swamp Thing v.1, Roots Of The Swamp Thing v.1
    Frankenstein - Seven Soldiers Of Victory Book 1, Agent Of S.H.A.D.E. v.1
    Unknown Soldier - Ennis v.1, Dysart v.1, G.I. Combat v.1
    Darkseid - Fourth World Omnibus v.1
    Bane - Knightfall, Batman vs Bane, Secret Six: Unhinged