Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The New WW 2013

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Last issue we had the First Born basically choosing not to kill Poseidon because it fit his needs but he could've easily done it.
    He chooses not to kill Poseidon because he doesn't want to spend eternity in the belly of Poseidon's carcass. (Poseidon says, "Kill me, Firstborn. Send me to hell....And where you stand will be your eternity. Trapped forever in my corpse.") To kill Poseidon, he Firstborn has to damn himself; that seems to make them kind of evenly matched. And why shouldn't they be? The First Born is the son of Zeus and Hera, and thus he is a full-blooded god. So a god can kill a god; does that make the gods weak?

Anyway, if Hera gets her powers back, don't mess with her. You might be able to take her in a fistfight, but she'll turn your while family to snakes.
    Last edited by slvn; 05-09-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    As I remember it, he chooses not to kill Poseidon because he doesn't want to spend eternity in the belly of Poseidon's carcass. That seems to make them kind of evenly matched. And why shouldn't they be? The First Born is the son of Zeus and Hera, and thus he is a full-blooded god. So a god can kill a god; does that make the gods weak?
    If he tore up the ice giants, and tore up the helicopter to use the blades as swords, what would make me think he can't cut open a fish like the slice of tuna I had for dinner last night? To me, it's just a little illogical on all levels. You know he could bust out of Poseidon with barely straining a bicep. He didn't simply because Poseidon had the gift of gab.

I'm glad he didn't though.. I love Poseidon's Archie Bunker personality.

Veteran Member

If he tore up the ice giants, and tore up the helicopter to use the blades as swords, what would make me think he can't cut open a fish like the slice of tuna I had for dinner last night?
    What makes me believe it is that Poseidon says so and the First Born acts like he believes it. To me, the First Born doesn't seem dumb; I don't think "the fidt of the fab" would pacify him that easily if Poseidon's claim wasn't at least plausible. Besides,this particular fish is the god of the seas, and they're at sea at the moment; they're both gods, but they're in Poseidon's sphere of influence. Think of him as Superfish.

To me, it's just a little illogical on all levels.
    If it was logical, they wouldn't be gods anymore. Their ways should be incomprehensible to our little mortal minds.

I'm glad he didn't though.. I love Poseidon's Archie Bunker personality.
    I liked his whimsical and amused mood at the end of issue 6.
    Last edited by slvn; 05-09-2013 at 07:57 PM.

What makes me believe it is that Poseidon says so and the First Born acts like he believes it. To me, the First Born doesn't seem dumb; I don't think "the fidt of the fab" would pacify him that easily if Poseidon's claim wasn't at least plausible. Besides,this particular fish is the god of the seas, and they're at sea at the moment; they're both gods, but they're in Poseidon's sphere of influence. Think of him as Superfish.
    How could I possibly debate you after making such a hilarious and comical statement! I had coffee coming out of my nose. However, that WAS blood oozing on his sword, wasn't it?

If it was logical, they wouldn't be gods anymore. Their ways should be incomprehensible to our little mortal minds.

I liked his whimsical and amused mood at the end of issue 6.
    I LOVED this panel! It chuckled the hell out of me!

Veteran Member

How could I possibly debate you after making such a hilarious and comical statement! I had coffee coming out of my nose. However, that WAS blood oozing on his sword, wasn't it?
    Sure. That's how powerful this god, the First Born, is; he can cut, and could even kill, Superfish even at sea. But slicing a vein is one thing; cutting through his torso from the inside is another. And it was at least plausible to the First Born that maybe he wouldn't be able to cut his way out. Think about that: the First Born is not a humble guy, right? If someone that cocky believes he can't do something, maybe there's some reason to believe that, right?

I LOVED this panel! It chuckled the hell out of me!
    Yeah. The big fish is such a wise and mentorly uncle.

Yep! Isn't it great? That's what long-form storytelling is all about, in my opinion.
    You mean after he introduced 'god-mode' in the 12th issue of his run? And he hasn't as of yet followed up on giving us more clues on what 'god-mode' really is?

Yawn, wake me up when he starts wrapping storylines up versus just playing out the long, decompressing run as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    For my money this is one of the best books on the stands. I'm a long time WW reader and I have not enjoyed the book this much in years.
    Plus 1...

10char