Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - May 3, 2013

The writer of the Eisner-nominated "Hawkeye" and two Fantastic Four comics joins Marvel E-i-C Axel Alonso as Matt Fraction tells what made an unlikely hit huge and the FF go family first.

Full article here.

For those who haven't seen the Iron Man: Rise of Technovore nod to Kelly Sue-

I would love to see Fraction cover Scott's ex-wife's reaction to not only Cassie Death and Scott's return, but I would love to see Captain America and Iron Man explain it to her so that she can blame this all on the Avengers.

Whooops! Can't believe I forgot Peggy Rae was introduced in Geoff Johns Avengers run. Glad it was corrected in the interview.

Thanks for the save Kiel!

Supergod is wondering, "Can you say anything about a possible Inhumans title that would spin out of Fantastic Four/FF?"

Fraction: There's no Inhumans title spinning out of "FF."

Hmmmmm.... If you actually read into this, ''Inhumans'' by Fraction could still be coming. In the question, it asks if it would spin out of Fantastic Four/FF, but in his answer he only says it doesn't spin out of FF. So it could still happen, but just be branded as either spinning out of Fantastic Four or Infinity.

Great interview, very enlightening.

One bit that left me curious: Fractions says that "we're almost to the halfway point" when talking about the Fantastic Four/FF books and their possible intersection. Already midway point? Was he talking about his run on the titles or about this first storyline?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Pizza Dog. Word.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

A.N.T.M.E.N would have been great. but i'm glad that we got FF, instead.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by cdgodin View Post
    Supergod is wondering, "Can you say anything about a possible Inhumans title that would spin out of Fantastic Four/FF?"

Fraction: There's no Inhumans title spinning out of "FF."

Hmmmmm.... If you actually read into this, ''Inhumans'' by Fraction could still be coming. In the question, it asks if it would spin out of Fantastic Four/FF, but in his answer he only says it doesn't spin out of FF. So it could still happen, but just be branded as either spinning out of Fantastic Four or Infinity.
    I think Fraction's already been linked to the new Inhumans series and the comment about half way thru the FF series sinks up with that (I don't think he could do 4 series a month so the FF will probably go)

Grills :(

10char

It's nice that Hawkeye is a success, but let's not forget that Gambit and Captain Marvel debuted at the same time and haven't met the same kind of reception.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Zeitgeist Explorer Basterdshark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    It's nice that Hawkeye is a success, but let's not forget that Gambit and Captain Marvel debuted at the same time and haven't met the same kind of reception.
    I guess, but what conclusions would you want to draw from that? Captain Marvel has its fans. I can't speak to its quality because I don't buy it (fiscal management denies it!), but some of the covers have looked lovely and Gambit with Clay Mann stuff looks like its geared towards that specific Gambit audience (granted, I bought the three issues with pantomime Pete Wisdom cameo), so maybe eschewing the kind of praise heaped on Hawkeye. Some books catch something; others maybe don't.

Fraction seems like a nice bloke. Jesus, don't the pizza dog pages make you pine for childhood pets of the canine variety?
    "A venom born of bitterness, resentment and possibly envy".

I am glad that Jen and Wyatt are getting back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Basterdshark View Post
    Fraction seems like a nice bloke. Jesus, don't the pizza dog pages make you pine for childhood pets of the canine variety?
    Those pizza dog pages are very interesting to look at. Aja's a fantastic artist, designer and storyteller.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Dem David Godja pages

sogood.gif