Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Deep South USA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    All I know is Im going to be very sad and disappointed if Remender doesn't have at least a 50 issue run on Uncanny Avengers...his work is great. If you enjoy his work do yourself a favor and purchase the back issues or trades of his run on Uncanny X-force
    I'm enjoying it too. He's accomplished more in two issues than Hickman has in six.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Deep South USA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Infinity is a 6 issue mini-series.
    So the prelude is twice as long as the actual event itself... and people wonder why some of us have issues with Hickman's pacing.

  3. #33
    Senior Member HaveAtThee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    So 1-12 is the prelude to the prelude "The Signal", which is 14-17? How long does "Infinite" actually go for?
    At this rate, probably until Infinity (SEE WHAT I DID THERE??).

  4. #34

    Default

    Does anyone notice how weird that thor page is with him and Hyperion? It looks like two thors. Anyways, I've enjoyed Hickman's avengers and I'm looking forward to the upcoming event. I just hope Hickman doesn't pull a Game of Thrones where he's so busy creating all these different and complicated threads that he forgets about the actual story. When stuff like that happens the ending usually suffers.

  5. #35
    Junior Member Gritterr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Does anyone notice how weird that thor page is with him and Hyperion? It looks like two thors. Anyways, I've enjoyed Hickman's avengers and I'm looking forward to the upcoming event. I just hope Hickman doesn't pull a Game of Thrones where he's so busy creating all these different and complicated threads that he forgets about the actual story. When stuff like that happens the ending usually suffers.
    I don't see how Martin is going to wrap up the story in only 2 more books without short changing some peoples stories.

  6. #36
    Senior Member jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    I don't mind a big ass prelude as long as the end result is 10 out of 10

  7. #37
    Bring Me Bacon! hermatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I've been enjoying Hickman's run so far. I haven't really been looking at it as a long prelude. I think of it as a bunch of short arcs to build one large arc.
    And It'll all make sense in the end.

  8. #38
    RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla90210 View Post
    So the prelude is twice as long as the actual event itself... and people wonder why some of us have issues with Hickman's pacing.
    I think people are mis-reading... the first 12 issues are a 'prelude' to the Avengers as a book...what the point of the book is, including beyond 'Infinity'. The 4-issue 'Signal is the prelude to 'Infinity'.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Hawkingbird13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathcry View Post
    I think people are mis-reading... the first 12 issues are a 'prelude' to the Avengers as a book...what the point of the book is, including beyond 'Infinity'. The 4-issue 'Signal is the prelude to 'Infinity'.
    So, it's a 12 issue prelude for the book before you get to another prelude, this time for an event. Then you have to go through the event before you get to a bunch of stuff that started in the first prelude?

    Yeesh.

    There's building a story or stories, and dragging stuff out.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    Seriously that dude is a monster!! 4 books with one double shipping sometimes, and a possible fifth one in the future.
    I'm sure its easy to write multiple books when they're all shit.

  11. #41
    Senior Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritterr View Post
    I don't see how Martin is going to wrap up the story in only 2 more books without short changing some peoples stories.
    He's probably gonna write two massive novels the size of encyclopedias and then add a 3rd book for the epilogue.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

    Oscar Wilde

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    He's probably gonna write two massive novels the size of encyclopedias and then add a 3rd book for the epilogue.
    I would be ok with that. So long as he tones down how much time he spends describing food and clothing.

    As for this, I am loving Hickman's Avengers. I think the series has been great after a mediocre opening arc, and I am really looking forward to Infinity.

  13. #43
    Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Terminus! Terminus is coming! Woohoo Anyway, I am really enjoying Hickmans Avengers... both titles. Its just... massive and cosmic in scope. Kind of wish though he linked the Builders and others with the existing cosmic forces like the Celestials, Watchers, etc etc.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •