Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Spencer Gets Sinister With "Superior Foes of Spider-Man"

Nick Spencer and Steve Lieber take a closer look at the world of the new Sinister Six with their upcoming "Superior Foes of Spider-Man." We spoke with Spencer about his plans for the super-powered crime series.

Full article here.

May I suggest the White Rabbit for the team's sixth member?

You may, and I second!
    Things at Marvel that need a rest:
    1. Dr. Doom
    2. Dinosaurs/Savage Land
    3. Sentinels
    4. Time Travel
    5. Women arching their backs for no reason

Third on White Rabbit. I don't even think I've ever read a comic with the character but she's the one that jumps to mind. There's just something about her that seems tailormade for a blue collar Sinister Six book.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Third on White Rabbit. I don't even think I've ever read a comic with the character but she's the one that jumps to mind. There's just something about her that seems tailormade for a blue collar Sinister Six book.
    I've read some comics with White Rabbit, she has an Alice in Wonderland motif going on
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rabbit_(comics)

Yeah, judging from the wiki page she'd be ideal, another ideal candidate for the sixth position of the Sinister Six would have been Constrictor (also a "blue collar" criminal, who has history with Shocker {The Hood Max mini} but he got hammered as of Avengers Arena#7 oh well), maybe the sixth spot in Superior Foes of Spider Man should be like the drummers were in Spinal Tap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_....2C_percussion Let's just say I'm not in any hurry to be a drummer for that band any time soon.

This may very interesting with Octo Spidey running around. They're going to be so lost with how different Spiderman is and how much smarter he'll be fighting all the time.

I imagine they'll keep the sixth member as an ongoing plot thread. Even if they don't, they definitely won't reveal him/her until the first issue is on the stands. Look how much interest it's been garnering already. =O

This looks like so much fun. I agree White Rabbit would be a good fit for sixth slot. Perhaps Lady Stilt-Man as another choice?
    "I aim to misbehave." - Mal
    "Thatís why I need Ruby Quartz glasses, íCause when I glance thereís a chance I might blast the masses" - Evidence

I like them just sticking to 5 members and keeping the Sinister Six name. Love the villains in this book, really excited for this series.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

That's the coolest taking-a-dump scene ever in a comic. Talk about blue-collar vibe.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I may actually check this out, I've only been delving into a few Marvel Now mini series and since this is $2.99, has Nick Spencer, and Steve Lieber it's harder not to pass up.

If Spencer's work with the AIM High Council over in "Secret Avengers" is any indication of what this series will bring, then I'll be very excited.

Also, after seeing how insane his powers look through Daredevil's eyes, I nominate the Spot as the sixth member. Seriously, their fight in the first issue of the current ongoing was astounding.

This is one of the series that i am looking forward the most from Marvel.
    It is just surprising that it took so much time to the rich cast of Spidey villains getting a ongoing.
    One of my favorites villains is there(Shocker) and this series due the originality is a easy must buy.

Hopefully the sixth member is Hydro Man.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    It is just surprising that it took so much time to the rich cast of Spidey villains getting a ongoing.
    One of my favorites villains is there(Shocker) and this series due the originality is a easy must buy.

Were I doing the title, the 'sixth' member would be a hypothetical rotating cast slot. They're on the search for a 'permanent' member (which is really mostly a way to keep the money to themselves while making use of the skills of other villains) as a way to highlight other Spidey villains.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post

Were I doing the title, the 'sixth' member would be a hypothetical rotating cast slot. They're on the search for a 'permanent' member (which is really mostly a way to keep the money to themselves while making use of the skills of other villains) as a way to highlight other Spidey villains.