Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Ron Marz Returns To "Witchblade"

Longtime "Witchblade" scribe Ron Marz returns to the series in the wake of the Top Cow Universe-shaking "Darkness Falls" miniseries. CBR has the exclusive first word on what he has in store for Sara Pezzini.

Full article here.

This news.

It pleases me.

Yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Am. In.

BANNED

OH MY GOD YES YESYESYES

for the WIN, i will now have to start buying witchblade again, PLEASE GET A GOOD ARTIST!!!

Words cannot express how excited I am about this. I've been reading Seeley's run, but its not a book that I look forward to. I can't wait to care about Witchblade again.

BANNED

as for the artist, it its possible for him to do ongoing work, PLEASE get john tyler christopher, he has done some supurb covers sense the start of seeleys witchblade

I'm actually surprised. After such a long run, I really thought Marz was done. I didn't think he'd want to come back.

Not that I'm complaining. Most of it was good. Gleason was annoying, and the Curator was a cliche. But the rest of it was good, enjoyable stuff.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

No. Nooooo, I was hoping Tim would have a long run, especially with Hack/Slash having ended.

helping to shed the cheesecake stigma
    Somebody with talent can easily keep cheesecake in the mix while telling a good story. Sexy should have room to exist somewhere in comics, would be nice if Witchblade was still one of those places. I think the idea was just fine the way Michael Turner and co made it, even if Ron didn't care for it when he flipped through it. One of my fav titles, may have to drop it, we'll see.

For the record I didn't overly dislike Ron's run, but in some ways it was homogenized and generic compared to what came before, and I'd prefer Witchblade to have more styles to it than just his. More punk rock creativity, more craziness, and definitely more sexiness. More Tim Seeley for example. Witchblade and Artifacts should have different voices. Damn this is disappointing news.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 05-01-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    DROKK IT!!

I'm hoping that, regardless of Sarah's new status quo (which Marz is apparently changing anyways), we do see Gleason again. Some of my favorite things from his run, like Hope, Sarah's sister and Ron's impressive use of Sarah being a cop and Dani as the Angelus are gone now, so it'll be interesting to see him playing in a new sandbox, albeit one that he himself made in Artifacts. I do hope that he makes use of her being a PI, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something else. Can anyone out there who regularly reads the current Witchblade confirm if her sister is back? With the new universe it would make sense for her to still be around, but I've only read the book sporatically since Marz left. Man, I have so many questions about where this may go. I guess it shows just how much Marz brought to Top Cow. SO EXCITED! Between this and Astro City returning, this is just a damn good year.

Quote Originally Posted by eh_ver View Post
    I'm hoping that, regardless of Sarah's new status quo (which Marz is apparently changing anyways), we do see Gleason again. Some of my favorite things from his run, like Hope, Sarah's sister and Ron's impressive use of Sarah being a cop and Dani as the Angelus are gone now, so it'll be interesting to see him playing in a new sandbox, albeit one that he himself made in Artifacts. I do hope that he makes use of her being a PI, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something else. Can anyone out there who regularly reads the current Witchblade confirm if her sister is back? With the new universe it would make sense for her to still be around, but I've only read the book sporatically since Marz left. Man, I have so many questions about where this may go. I guess it shows just how much Marz brought to Top Cow. SO EXCITED! Between this and Astro City returning, this is just a damn good year.
    Yeah, Julie was shown to be alive in #164.

Crossing my fingers that Seeley's secret project is a new Pitt series.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I have never ead any Darkness, Witchblade, or Artifacts. What's a good jump on point for these books, also is Magdalena related to it?
    or should I wait until this new arc starts and follow all the books from that point on?
    has Bachalo done any other books other than that single issue WB book?
    every comic book since the original creators stopped doing them is nothing more than glorified fan-fic

I definitely have mixed feelings about this. As much as I liked Marz's run on the book, I was really loving the Seeley and Bernard run and was hoping they would be on the book for a long time--but I guess a year-and-a-half is considered a long time in comics these days.

Aside from who will be doing the art chores when Marz return, another question is will Witchblade go back to being a $3.99 book?
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I have never ead any Darkness, Witchblade, or Artifacts. What's a good jump on point for these books, also is Magdalena related to it?
    or should I wait until this new arc starts and follow all the books from that point on?
    One technique I suggest even if you don't read everything is starting at the beginning. The first 25 or so issues of Witchblade and The Darkness for example would explain a lot, and hold up very well. For example Magdalena and that concept is introduced in The Darkness #15. Also the current Rebirth trades of Witchblade and Darkness are good jumping on points.
    DROKK IT!!

I'm a bit torn on this. Marz back on the series is great, but that means Seeley off the series, and I have really enjoyed his take on the series.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index