Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Humphries Delves Into "Uncanny X-Force"

"Uncanny X-Force" scribe Sam Humphries joins X-Position to answer your questions about Puck and Storm as well as things to come for Psylocke, Spiral, Cluster and Bishop. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Sam Humphries seems like a really nice guy and it's great that he's so enthusiastic about the book but I always feel like I'm reading a lot of nothing in the interviews he does. It's always like "Yeah, this is great! Awesome stuff coming up! You won't want to miss this big stuff happening later." Of course it could just be because of the type of questinons he's asked and can't say much? Eh, the Alphona page looks nice at least. Betsy's hair and heeled boots. <3
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Psylocke

Love the art, especially the Alphona page. ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Love the art, especially the Alphona page. ❤
    Agreed, but this x-position was pretty lackluster for me

Nice art but still not much substance in any of these answers. I really want to like this book so I hope that it will improve. And I just find it amazing how none of the higher ups seem interested in having Storm voice her opinion about Cyclops and the things he did and is doing and the same for him as well about what's she's doing or has done. She's a leader and headmistress of the school. It would seem like it'd be a no brainer to have this drama present itself in the books somewhere but Wood has no current plans of addressing it and now it looks like Humphries isn't/wasn't even thinking about it till asked, so now he's got to coordinate with Bendis if he even wants to bother with it at all. Maybe I'm nitpicking too much but it just seems ridiculous to not have had this addressed in some fashion by now, especially in light of Wood's most recent run.

BANNED

I love this series, and I love that when some Storm fan tried to corner him into affirming her leadership, he wouldn't; and when the Storm fan demanded to know which FEAT he preferred, he named a powerless Storm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Sam Humphries seems like a really nice guy and it's great that he's so enthusiastic about the book but I always feel like I'm reading a lot of nothing in the interviews he does. It's always like "Yeah, this is great! Awesome stuff coming up! You won't want to miss this big stuff happening later." Of course it could just be because of the type of questinons he's asked and can't say much? Eh, the Alphona page looks nice at least. Betsy's hair and heeled boots. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Agreed, but this x-position was pretty lackluster for me
    True. His interviews do tend to be 90% tease and cryptic non answers.

I cannot wait till Spirale gets her new costume.

I'm only reading UX-F for Bishop, I want him redeemed because his turn to evil was BS. If it doesn't happen by... i'll give it a second arc, i'm out.
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

san francisco - the free range twink farm

< insert crude jape about Puck being a pocket sized happy-wand for Psylocke's unseemly maw >

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    I'm only reading UX-F for Bishop, I want him redeemed because his turn to evil was BS. If it doesn't happen by... i'll give it a second arc, i'm out.
    Pretty much my feelings as well.I am extremely close to dropping this from my pull list.I love Bishop,Storm,Pyslocke and even Puck but this series so far is doing nothing for me.The art work is so so and the **** out words mostly from Pyslocke are driving me crazy.Plus with a far superior X-Force title lead by the OG in Cable and a much better cast of characters and writing team their isn't much of a reason to continue with this series.Having two different Uncanny X-Force titles was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post

It's funny to to see my very thought written out before i could barely get it out myself. This book has very little weight behind it and will be cancelled sooner than later, the just need to hurry up and restore Bishop, and make certain that he is re-established into the x-world again.
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

Retired

I want more flashbacks of Psylocke using her telepathy as an excuse for bulimia.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I want more flashbacks of Psylocke using her telepathy as an excuse for bulimia.
    Is it really bulimia when you've got telepathic fingers down your throat? Call me a traditionalist, but I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Logan View Post
    Pretty much my feelings as well.I am extremely close to dropping this from my pull list.I love Bishop,Storm,Pyslocke and even Puck but this series so far is doing nothing for me.The art work is so so and the **** out words mostly from Pyslocke are driving me crazy.Plus with a far superior X-Force title lead by the OG in Cable and a much better cast of characters and writing team their isn't much of a reason to continue with this series.Having two different Uncanny X-Force titles was a bad idea.

I dont know i think having two could have work if they gave both a very clear path that they were meant to follow. Looking at two, three, four avengers books,and about eleven batman books this could have worked. It's hard to shake the feeling that x-offices just wanted to pander to the crowd that claimed chicks werent getting a come up and that Storm is irrelevent. In the process, this book so far done nothing for either cause.
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!