Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176

    Question Does Skeets, Booster Gold's pre-52 buddy and partner, exist in the DCnU?

    First of all, I apologize for asking such a super random question, but I was just really curious about this. Has Skeets been mentioned at all in the DCnU or by Booster Gold? I was actually quite a fan of Skeets and I loved the interplay between him and Booster in his series and in 52. I will be sad if they got rid of him =(

  2. #2
    Blue Blaze Irregular Icefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tanasi
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Skeets got a namedrop in an issue of JLI, but no on panel appearances.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Skeets got a namedrop in an issue of JLI, but no on panel appearances.
    Nice! So he does exist in some form. Now I can keep hope that he would be in Booster's solo series if he were to get one again =)

  4. #4
    Senior Member doordoor123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles/Chicago
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjc_pop View Post
    Nice! So he does exist in some form. Now I can keep hope that he would be in Booster's solo series if he were to get one again =)
    I'm pretty sure he exists in his suit. That doesn't mean he won't ever materialize into something more.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he exists in his suit. That doesn't mean he won't ever materialize into something more.
    Why do you say he exists in his suit?

  6. #6
    Senior Member doordoor123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles/Chicago
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjc_pop View Post
    Why do you say he exists in his suit?
    I don't really remember, but I think he talks to Skeets as if he is in his suit in JLI.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    304

    Default

    based on the JLI series (and not the annual) as well as interviews it seemed like Skeets existed, but stayed at the "Boostercave" (which we never got so see) for some reason and talked only to Booster via radio. The annual on the other hand made ot look like Skeets was jus a feature of Booster's suit. Though once Booster returns to the presents (and hopefully to a title of his own) all this can change again.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    I don't really remember, but I think he talks to Skeets as if he is in his suit in JLI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
    based on the JLI series (and not the annual) as well as interviews it seemed like Skeets existed, but stayed at the "Boostercave" (which we never got so see) for some reason and talked only to Booster via radio. The annual on the other hand made ot look like Skeets was jus a feature of Booster's suit. Though once Booster returns to the presents (and hopefully to a title of his own) all this can change again.
    I really liked that Booster was included in a New 52 title but was bummed it was cancelled mainly because of him. The "Boostercave". Now that's great. I hope he exists as a seperate entity than as just part of his suit, but like doordoor123 said there is no reason why Skeets can't eventually have a form of his own if he indeed is part of Booster's suit. I'm hoping Booster gets a solo series again. He is a great character and deserves to be featured more prominantly. I would definitely pick his series up

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjc_pop View Post
    First of all, I apologize for asking such a super random question, but I was just really curious about this. Has Skeets been mentioned at all in the DCnU or by Booster Gold? I was actually quite a fan of Skeets and I loved the interplay between him and Booster in his series and in 52. I will be sad if they got rid of him =(
    Skeets appears in storm watch #12 in the DCnU, one panel. In his normal robot form.

  10. #10

    Default

    It is not main DC continuity, but Skeets he has appeared prominently in the Smallville digital comic in the current storyline (called Argo), which should appear in print this week. His design is slightly different than all his other appearances in various media, in Smallville he looks like a floating silver ball with a big eye.

    Metal Woman

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjc_pop View Post
    Why do you say he exists in his suit?
    In the JLI series it did seem like he was talking to Skeets remotely in the "Boostercave," but in the JLI Annual he refers to the "Skeets protocols," a 25th-century antivirus program that is in the suit. Stands to reason that Skeets probably exists both remotely and in the suit - kind of like a long-range Bluetooth, I imagine.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Robotman4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Sadly the word skeets means something pretty filthy to kids these days. It's a slang term made popular by a horrible hip hop song. DC may be trying to phase out the character because new/younger readers are going to associate the character's name with something else. Which is just sad.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio3432 View Post
    Skeets appears in storm watch #12 in the DCnU, one panel. In his normal robot form.
    Awesome. Thank you for this bit of info. Now we know that he has a physical form, as well as a link to Booster's suit =)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •