Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    hahaha, "biased much", yet YOU are the one that hates time travel stories, so you are the biased one.

Tim nails DC because they deserve it, cut ties to its history, and hired writers and editors from 30 years ago, and use the same boring house style art on many of their titles. I'm looking at you Boys from Brazil!

They could have made their new direction easily without this mess, (I really liked Flashpoint!) simply by relaunching with new books, writers and artists with a more contemporary style , that can attract the coveted teens and the long time reader.
    Clearly you are biased towards contemporary art and not boring house style. Me liking or not liking time travel doesn't make his article any less biased. He goes ridiculously out of his way to negatively compare DC to Marvel. Keep in mind I have been a Marvel lover since I was 5, but I think what DC did was great. They needed a clean swipe due to their continuity being convoluted.

Also the one thing that really attracts teens and long time readers(like myself) is mostly $2.99 titles and not double shipping. 8 bucks a month to keep up with one X-title?

I love DC and Marvel, what I can't seem to figure out is, why are the fans always competing against each other? Why can't they appreciate each for being different from the other. This isn't freaking politics. So what if DC doesn't do things the way Marvel does, it doesn't make them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenalfc83 View Post
    I love DC and Marvel, what I can't seem to figure out is, why are the fans always competing against each other? Why can't they appreciate each for being different from the other. This isn't freaking politics. So what if DC doesn't do things the way Marvel does, it doesn't make them wrong.
    It has been my experience that fandom is an insecure and competitive lot.

In order to validate their love of one company, character or story some fans feel like they need to denigrate others. By throwing garbage at others, they think they can make their favorites look shinier to those that doubt their opinions.

In my opinion, it's typically petty and pointless.

The comic industry is far too small for this mentality. By throwing garbage at DC, the critic leaves what they're trying to praise open to fallout. Marvel and DC write the same kinds of stories. It's the same creators. They all pull the same tricks ("How dare DC renumber! Those fools! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to read the fifth Avengers #1 of this year").

Let's all stop attacking one company over the other. There's plenty to complain about both companies equally.