Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I feel like some of them aren't really Batman books.
    Talon, Red Hood and BOP could fit edge/young justice/justice league very well. Chances are they are riding on Batman's popularity.
    With that said, I think there are enough Batman books as it is and the most I can accept is a Red Robin book.
    I'm not really seeing Birds of Prey - in any version - riding on Batman's popularity much. It's not like they tease a Bruce appearance every three issues or something.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    I'm not really seeing Birds of Prey - in any version - riding on Batman's popularity much. It's not like they tease a Bruce appearance every three issues or something.
    It takes place in Gotham, and features Batgirl.
    So, it definitely rides on Batman's popularity - especially since it's solicited in the Batman group.

I don't have a problem with books like Batgirl and Nightwing that feature other characters, but I think Batman The Dark Knight could be dropped. I can see turning Batman and Robin into a Batman team-up book. But we only need two, at most, Batman solo books.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I don't have a problem with books like Batgirl and Nightwing that feature other characters, but I think Batman The Dark Knight could be dropped. I can see turning Batman and Robin into a Batman team-up book. But we only need two, at most, Batman solo books.
    I respectfully disagree. As long as the books are good, I don't mind having more than two.

Yes, there are too many.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Yes, there are too many.
    Then don't buy the ones you don't like / want.

It's the simple solution I'm following.

If DC decides to ditch some Bat-books, do you think you'll see them replaced with books you really want to read?
    If DC did do that, do you think they'd sell even half as well as the Bat-books?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    It takes place in Gotham, and features Batgirl.
    So, it definitely rides on Batman's popularity - especially since it's solicited in the Batman group.
    I'm not sure about the current book, but generally, Birds Of Prey has not taken place in Gotham but all over the world.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then don't buy the ones you don't like / want.
    This becomes problematic when the Bat-verse is in near-permanent event mode with regular crossovers and tie-ins.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

While missions took operatives to various locations, generally the Bird of Prey were based out of Gotham. They moved to Metropolis after Oracle's Clock Tower went boom, but then came back with the Kord Tower in v2.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    This becomes problematic when the Bat-verse is in near-permanent event mode with regular crossovers and tie-ins.
    Not really. I only read the tie-ins for CoO, NoO and DotF that were already on my pull and I never felt I missed out by not reading any of the ones I wasn't pulling already. I have a limited budget for entertainment and I don't waste it on titles that I'm not interested in even if they are involved in a crossover with something I happen to be reading. It leaves gaps in my collection of course but I can always read them latter on in trade for free from my local library if I feel the need to do so and without spending an arm and leg on all the tie-ins for some crossover or other.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-30-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    While missions took operatives to various locations, generally the Bird of Prey were based out of Gotham. They moved to Metropolis after Oracle's Clock Tower went boom, but then came back with the Kord Tower in v2.
    They also had a stint in the Silicon Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Not really. I only read the tie-ins for CoO, NoO and DotF that were already on my pull and I never felt I missed out by not reading any of the ones I wasn't pulling already. I have a limited budget for entertainment and I don't waste it on titles that I'm not interested in even if they are involved in a crossover with something I happen to be reading. It leaves gaps in my collection of course but I can always read them latter on in trade for free from my local library if I feel the need to do so and without spending an arm and leg on all the tie-ins for some crossover or other.
    My point goes into the other direction. For instance, I fealt very burned when I bought the first trade of Nightwing and discovered the entire book it very unexpectadly was actually an unwanted Owl tie-in in the final chapter.

I have been rather wary of buying Bat-titles since then.

Its kinda hard for me to answer the question.
    I mean on one hand Batman has a lot more books compared to other characters but most of the books aren't what I always like so the obvious solution is more titles.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

BANNED

The markets supports them but I do wish DC would give other charcters a ongoing first. Like a cyborg book,or booster gold book..

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    The markets supports them but I do wish DC would give other charcters a ongoing first. Like a cyborg book,or booster gold book.
    Yes, they do sell.

And how many books in the New 52 has DC tried already but cancelled because they weren't getting enough support from consumers? I think DC has taken quite a lot of wild and varied shots in an effort to go for different, and we even have The Movement and Green Team coming shortly. So, please, let's not pretend DC isn't trying to see if there are others genres / characters that may sell decently as well.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.