Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    Didn't they hint at the Batman that shows up in Justice League of America's Vibe is from Earth 2?
    Oh, so you're one of the few people that actually is buying that book?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dude, none of the heroes on Earth 2 are the same one as their 1940's counterparts. While that fact in itself has bothered me, I don't see any bigger deal with DC doing it AGAIN in the New 52 with a new Batman.
    Exactly, it still bothers me. It should have another name. I hate that PG and Huntres come from that reality, it's the most changed corner of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    And yet the "Earth-2 Flash" and "Earth-2 Green Lantern" have fared pretty well without being such total duplicates of their Golden Age versions. This is just a step or two further.
    It doesn't matter, it's false advertisement. Superman it's still mostly what you'd expect, but for some reason, they deided it's ok to make an elseworld out of Earth-2.

They are supposed to feel like the closest thing to the original Batman, Superman, Flash, etc concepts, not the opposite.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, so you're one of the few people that actually is buying that book?
    Yes sir
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Exactly, it still bothers me. It should have another name. I hate that PG and Huntres come from that reality, it's the most changed corner of the DCU.

It doesn't matter, it's false advertisement. Superman it's still mostly what you'd expect, but for some reason, they deided it's ok to make an elseworld out of Earth-2.

They are supposed to feel like the closest thing to the original Batman, Superman, Flash, etc concepts, not the opposite.
    Oh, so your problem is not with Earth-2 Batman, it's with the new Earth 2. That's a whole different argument.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I have been enjoying Earth 2 so far so I will wait to see what happens. I am not sure if the rumor is that Batman gets an Earth 2 book or is another character in the existing Earth 2. Whatever, I will keep reading the existing one until it becomes crap, if ever.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I don't know, guys. I'll have to see it before I can decide. If there is a new "Batman Earth 2" book, as rumored, what if it's "Gotham Two," featuring other heroes like Mister Miracle and Big Barda alongside the new Batman in a transformed Gotham? What if it's a very different take on Batman, reflecting the "more metaphysical" nature of Earth 2? What if it means that Batman won't dominate the main Earth 2 book--just as the big-name solo heroes were relegated to honorary status in the Golden Age JSA, so the less-well-known heroes could have their own spotlight?
    Mr. Miracle and Barda should be in Metropolis if they have a home base anywhere.
    I already don't buy Batman books because he's too overexposed.
    This won't be any different.

I would boycott the notion that everything has to be supported by Batman and Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I have been enjoying Earth 2 so far so I will wait to see what happens. I am not sure if the rumor is that Batman gets an Earth 2 book or is another character in the existing Earth 2. Whatever, I will keep reading the existing one until it becomes crap, if ever.
    From the several Comic Vine podcasts with James, he mentioned that the identity of Batman will not be reveal immediately, but in due time as the story unfolds. I think that the new Earth 2 book would focused on a city like Earth 2 is about Earth 2. I think the new title may be Earth 2 -- Gotham. If the new title is about a character, then I think it will be Green Lantern. The way James and the rest of the creative team are doing with Earth 2 is a fair bit of world building and introducing the characters. James may take the same route with the second book, but only on a smaller scale.

[QUOTE=Rafa-Rivas-2099;16981011]It doesn't matter, it's false advertisement. Superman it's still mostly what you'd expect, but for some reason, they deided it's ok to make an elseworld out of Earth-2.

They are supposed to feel like the closest thing to the original Batman, Superman, Flash, etc concepts, not the opposite.[/]
    it's a reboot. Earth 2 is arguably exactly what they should have done with more of the new 52. They restarted the whole line, why in the world would/should the new heroes be like the original concepts? This is their chance to make changes. And since Earth 2 is all about legacy, with the golden age heroes being introduced as new, young heroes, it's a twist that one of the original golden angers is now the legacy hero.

They have to introduce a new Batman quickly, so they can reveal the true "Trinity" in the crossover, Prime Earth, Earth 2 and Earth 3 with the Crime Syndicate. Just a guess!
    "With Green Lantern, it's easy to see now that characters don't go stale, the creators do. Get the right writer and artist on the book and success is always possible. - CBR member Brett Tolino"