Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Noh Varr existed before, in a Grant Morrison penned mini series, then in a Young Avengers mini as a brain washed villain and then as Dark Avenger. He then joined Bendis' Avengers as 'The Protector' for a bit.

Miss America is from a different dimension/timelines/universe and first appeared in 'Vengeance,' a not that great mini series a few years back

Kid Loki is confusing. Sometimes he acts like he really wants to be good and help, but he is also aware that he is the God of mischief and so cant help but act 'naughty' as it's his nature.

Noh Varr is also from another dimension, so Hulkling's Kree isnt the same as his Kree.....unless you're Bendis and dont bother to check these things. The fact that Teddy is actually Dorrick VIII, a Skrull emperor, doesnt come up much. The Kree aren't evil as much as they are militaristic. Oh, and racist, really racist.

All the YA trades for Billy/Teddy/Kate, Journey into Mystery 622-645 for Kid Loki, the Marvel Boy 6 issue limited for him and Vengeance for Ms America
    Did Bendis say Noh-Varr was from our reality?

And I'm not so sure about the Kree thing. The Kree have been very,very nasty in the past.

Heck, they've made moves against the Earth in the past.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Jason Aaron wrote a Noh-Varr / Fantomex Team-up issue which was drawn by Esac Ribic. It's really good, and called Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine. Wolverine's in it for a bit, but really it's Noh-Varr and Fantomex. If you only read one back story about Noh-Varr, read that one. If you read more, read Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy story. I've never read it, but heard great things.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    Jason Aaron wrote a Noh-Varr / Fantomex Team-up issue which was drawn by Esac Ribic. It's really good, and called Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine. Wolverine's in it for a bit, but really it's Noh-Varr and Fantomex. If you only read one back story about Noh-Varr, read that one. If you read more, read Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy story. I've never read it, but heard great things.
    So you would suggest the one issue you read, over the absolutely fantastic Morrison mini you haven't? I have not read that particular issue, and must confess I find it difficult to believe it superior. It might be relevant, being post-Bendisation. Noh-Varr was my favourite Zen fascist.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    So you would suggest the one issue you read, over the absolutely fantastic Morrison mini you haven't? I have not read that particular issue, and must confess I find it difficult to believe it superior. It might be relevant, being post-Bendisation. Noh-Varr was my favourite Zen fascist.
    The issue is phenomenal. Easily in my favourite one-shots of the last decade. And sometimes people can't be bothered to track down entire runs, but can be bothered to pick up a single issue. So yeah, I totally did recommend it if you only read ONE ISSUE.

Edit -> also, you totally can't buy Marvel Boy off the Marvel Digital App. Whereas Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine is there.