Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2274

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    "Let me guess, you're going to be one of the ones out to cause trouble?" Roland responded with a grin.
    "Heh," Clakim snickered. "Even trouble knows ta steer clear of me. Don't worry, squishie, I'm not gonna cause any riots on the streets or nothin'.."

Roland spent most of the helicopter trip playing his Game Boy on silent, but with the talk about the national espionage against Wisteria he decided to shut it off and listen a bit. "Yeah, even Atla isn't immune to this sort of stuff but they can stick it for all I care. That's not the kind of guy I am. Speaking of which we're about to touch down near where I grew up so I actually know the environs. If any of you fine people would like to see the places tourists don't usually get to, or just wander around a place where it doesn't matter if you are Demihuman, Metahuman, or even Semihuman as long as you don't cause trouble then I would like to volunteer my services as Tour Guide."

He looks around the chopper for any takers.
    "Having never been to Alta before, I think I'll take you up on the offer Mister-," Johnathan then stopped himself, realizing he never quite caught the man's name.

"Well, it seems we have not been formally introduced yet," he said, offering his hand. "Johnathan Smith. I will be in your care."
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.

E:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Heh," Clakim snickered. "Even trouble knows ta steer clear of me. Don't worry, squishie, I'm not gonna cause any riots on the streets or nothin'.."
    "Well that's not my problem, just be careful not to get the Boss Lady mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Having never been to Alta before, I think I'll take you up on the offer Mister-," Johnathan then stopped himself, realizing he never quite caught the man's name.

"Well, it seems we have not been formally introduced yet," he said, offering his hand. "Johnathan Smith. I will be in your care."
    "Oh, Silly me, here we've been in battle a couple of times and still strangers." Roland turned to face Johnathan and gave his hand a good shake, "Roland Parker, I'll try not to let you down. Now do you have anything you'd like to check out in particular, or are you willing to bear with me regardless of the where we go? I could stand to see some old Arcades to some of the smaller shops away from the big shopping districts, even to where the gang of kids I hung around with back in the day liked to spend our time, but I'm pretty sure a Doctor like yourself would find that boring."
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

"Oh, Silly me, here we've been in battle a couple of times and still strangers." Roland turned to face Johnathan and gave his hand a good shake, "Roland Parker, I'll try not to let you down. Now do you have anything you'd like to check out in particular, or are you willing to bear with me regardless of the where we go? I could stand to see some old Arcades to some of the smaller shops away from the big shopping districts, even to where the gang of kids I hung around with back in the day liked to spend our time, but I'm pretty sure a Doctor like yourself would find that boring."
    "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Parker," Johnathan said.

"And do not worry. I leave myself in your hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She looked up and grinned.

<Ashi>"Ah, perfect."

She then pointed back at the store she had just left, where two human females were currently engaged in a fist fight over what seemed to be the last cassette tape. She frowned at the ferocity of the battle, and yet somehow found herself fighting a grin.

"Is it normal for humans to fight over something so silly and childish?"
    "Oh my yes. Humans have largely been pacified from our primitive ways, but the instincts are still there. To fight over territory, mates and status. But most people go about it in such convoluted ways. Women destroy their rivals socially, rather than physically. But that stifling of our instincts leads to bottled up emotions and we occasionally lash out irrationally at others with little provocation. Sometimes men will act as if we are interested in a woman sexually but in reality we merely wish to prove to ourselves and male peers that we could have had that woman, if we wanted. It's all quite absurd, and I admit I'm not immune to it."
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Oh my yes. Humans have largely been pacified from our primitive ways, but the instincts are still there. To fight over territory, mates and status. But most people go about it in such convoluted ways. Women destroy their rivals socially, rather than physically. But that stifling of our instincts leads to bottled up emotions and we occasionally lash out irrationally at others with little provocation. Sometimes men will act as if we are interested in a woman sexually but in reality we merely wish to prove to ourselves and male peers that we could have had that woman, if we wanted. It's all quite absurd, and I admit I'm not immune to it."
    A straight answer, which was a lot more than she got the last time she asked someone a question.

She pursed her lips and thought over his answer. She figured that humans fought over things like territory and mates; basically, the same as Demihumans, as far as she knew.

She found it humorous how humans removing themselves from their instincts had led them to acting more irrationally than the Demihumans who lived and breathed by their instincts.

But his comment about how females destroyed each other socially and males acted as if they wanted to mate with a female, but only so they could prove to their friends that they could confused her. For the latter, what was the point of performing the mating ritual; she assumed that was what he meant; if one didn't actually plan on mating.

That sort of thing was what got many males slaughtered and strung up by their intestines in Zoaheim.

As for the former, she didn't know what social destruction resolved. The only thing it led to was a physical fight, so what was the point of adding animosity.

<Ashi>"How do the males pretend to be attracted to a female? And do the other males wanting to mate with her do anything about it? And the females, do the social destructions lead to physical fights? If so, then what is the point?"

Illyana wasn't aware that she may have been bombarding Alex with question after question. She was too excited to finally have someone who seemed most knowledgeable about humans, and fully intended to pick his brain for as much as she could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A straight answer, which was a lot more than she got the last time she asked someone a question.

She pursed her lips and thought over his answer. She figured that humans fought over things like territory and mates; basically, the same as Demihumans, as far as she knew.

She found it humorous how humans removing themselves from their instincts had led them to acting more irrationally than the Demihumans who lived and breathed by their instincts.

But his comment about how females destroyed each other socially and males acted as if they wanted to mate with a female, but only so they could prove to their friends that they could confused her. For the latter, what was the point of performing the mating ritual; she assumed that was what he meant; if one didn't actually plan on mating.

That sort of thing was what got many males slaughtered and strung up by their intestines in Zoaheim.

As for the former, she didn't know what social destruction resolved. The only thing it led to was a physical fight, so what was the point of adding animosity.

<Ashi>"How do the males pretend to be attracted to a female? And do the other males wanting to mate with her do anything about it? And the females, do the social destructions lead to physical fights? If so, then what is the point?"

Illyana wasn't aware that she may have been bombarding Alex with question after question. She was too excited to finally have someone who seemed most knowledgeable about humans, and fully intended to pick his brain for as much as she could.
    "Well not to put to fine a point on it, but I admit I was doing it just a little when we first met. It's a bad habit I'm afraid, and I try not to indulge, but by human standards I am quite desirable to many, simply because my family is wealthy. What many males will do is present themselves in such a way that a woman might desire us, but we do not continue past a certain point, so as to get the woman to pursue us, to be intrigued by us. Humans have a tendency to want what we can't have. As for your other questions, many males will resort to violence when they feel another male is interfering with their courtship. Physical confrontation is relatively rare, we usually use social combat to make the other male look foolish to establish our superiority. Women fighting is much more rare, but it comes back to that bottled emotions thing, they tend to be extremely vicious. The ultimate point remains the same, to be seen as the most desirable, either through physical or social victory, or a display of wealth and territory to show one's suitability as a mate and provider."
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 05-13-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Parker," Johnathan said.

"And do not worry. I leave myself in your hands."
    "Alright, you won't be sorry. They say you haven't eaten until you've tried one of Dibbler's Sausages." Roland gave the rest of the people in the choppah another look, "Are you sure none of you want in on this?"
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "Well not to put to fine a point on it, but I admit I was doing it just a little when we first met. It's a bad habit I'm afraid, and I try not to indulge, but by human standards I am quite desirable to many, simply because my family is wealthy. What many males will do is present themselves in such a way that a woman might desire us, but we do not continue past a certain point, so as to get the woman to pursue us, to be intrigued by us. Humans have a tendency to want what we can't have. As for your other questions, many males will resort to violence when they feel another male is interfering with their courtship. Physical confrontation is relatively rare, we usually use social combat to make the other male look foolish to establish our superiority. Women fighting is much more rare, but it comes back to that bottled emotions thing, they tend to be extremely vicious. The ultimate point remains the same, to be seen as the most desirable, either through physical or social victory, or a display of wealth and territory to show one's suitability as a mate and provider."
    Funny. He was pretending to be attracted to her and she didn't even notice.

Hmm.

Anyway, some human males toyed with females for their own amusement, if she understood correctly. All for the purpose of being the object of intrigue and attention.

She harkened back to what Kieran said about egos and how humans enjoyed stroking them. She found that they linked up nicely in her mind.

<Ashi>"So, if I understand correctly, males will toy with females to stroke their own egos."

She then ruminated over his later comments. As opposed to fighting physically; which, in her experiences, had a certain finality in its resolution of issues; he said that humans resort to social combat more often than not.

The concept of this social combat eluded her.

"How do males and females engage in social combat?"

Overlord of Soap Operus MrSandman's Avatar

"Alright, you won't be sorry. They say you haven't eaten until you've tried one of Dibbler's Sausages." Roland gave the rest of the people in the choppah another look, "Are you sure none of you want in on this?"
    Melissa timidly raised her hand a moment, attempting to get Rolands attention. Though she didn't quote understand what he was saying at first, she got the meaning from johnathans responce. "I...wouldn't be above learning of the area a little. I'd like to join in as well if thats ok." She smiled and clapped her hand, rousing alice from her intence staring contest with johnathan....the one that had been happening the entire plane ride without him noticing apprently. She gave the doctor a small knock on his head before retreating to her usual sholder perch on melissa.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

OOC: Going for a multi flashback thing, but I'll start with arrival in the city. I may add on to this post quite a bit.

~Outskirts of Roanoke, Evening Before The Teams Meet Up~

<Ashi> "Well, that certainly was a lot of frustration for what we eventually ended up with," Cerise said, as the Atlan city of Roanoke came into view in the distance. "But I think it was still worth the time spent, though." Normally, she would- by this point- had made preparations to land well before entering the city proper; even as accepting/tolerant as the city supposedly was towards nonhumans, some things- for instance, a giant beast (like say, a dragon) flying over the city in an apparent search for something- were probably a bit much. Right now, though, Cerise couldn't possibly care less about such matters- her mind was preoccupied with first getting Kieran where she wanted to go, and then getting into the arms of Morpheus. "Anyway, is there anywhere specific you'd like to visit, or do you just want to go to the designated meeting point?"
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 05-13-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

The blades of the helicopter didn't even have time to come to a complete stop before one person in particular approached the group, or rather Joaquin, yet the man didn't seem too bothered with any of the others' presence. While the man appeared to be a tourist in casual cloths, the bright stripe of blonde hair through otherwise black hair and darken skin said that his business here was far from tourism.

"Hola!" The man sported a smirk as he closed the gap between the two Currans, placing a large metallic case on the ground beside his sandaled feet once he came to a stop. "Welcome to Roanoke, First Lieutenant Azarola...although I suppose I should drop the rank." He greeted in modern Curra, "The paperwork on you tends to go back and forth, depending on who wrote it." The silence from Joaquin only made the man's smirk more profound. "Ah, that's right, I forget that you're one of those quiet types. The name's Ignacio Rodríguez, an honest tourist wanting to get away from it all and take in the simplistic nature of Atla. Let's just keep it at that, shall we?" A bold-faced lie, but it was obvious that Ignacio expected no one to believe it. Regardless, he continued, "Let's just say that I wanted to give you a gift, as a fellow Curran to another, although I must confess, this gift is a bit outdated. Then again, I suppose the same could be said of you, amigo." With nothing more than a casual wave of farewell, Ignacio walked away, leaving Joaquin with the case.

Crouching down, a brief inspection determined that it wasn't explosives, nor did it seem to be trapped. Popping the latches open, and lifting the top open, he would be greeted with the sight of a Curranian assault rifle. As the man admitted, the rifle was far from top-of-the-line, but it was one that Joaquin was well acquainted with.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Melissa timidly raised her hand a moment, attempting to get Rolands attention. Though she didn't quote understand what he was saying at first, she got the meaning from johnathans responce. "I...wouldn't be above learning of the area a little. I'd like to join in as well if thats ok." She smiled and clapped her hand, rousing alice from her intence staring contest with johnathan....the one that had been happening the entire plane ride without him noticing apprently. She gave the doctor a small knock on his head before retreating to her usual sholder perch on melissa.
    Using Johnathan to Translate, (After asking which language) Roland pulls out a weathered old book and flips through it while he responds, "I'd be glad to have you along, as I'm sure Johnathan here is (Insert Johnathan's agreement here). My name is Roland by the way, and I'd like to know if there's anything in the city you'd like to see? It's not the biggest, but it's a nice place nonetheless."

Just after Johnathan finished translating Roland had found the passage he wanted in Grannin, which he proceeded to say: "Thank you for the towels, and the mint was good too."

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    OOC: Going for a multi flashback thing, but I'll start with arrival in the city. I may add on to this post quite a bit.

~Outskirts of Roanoke, Evening Before The Teams Meet Up~

<Ashi> "Well, that certainly was a lot of frustration for what we eventually ended up with," Cerise said, as the Atlan city of Roanoke came into view in the distance. "But I think it was still worth the time spent, though." Normally, she would- by this point- had made preparations to land well before entering the city proper; even as accepting/tolerant as the city supposedly was towards nonhumans, some things- for instance, a giant beast (like say, a dragon) flying over the city in an apparent search for something- were probably a bit much. Right now, though, Cerise couldn't possibly care less about such matters- her mind was preoccupied with first getting Kieran where she wanted to go, and then getting into the arms of Morpheus. "Anyway, is there anywhere specific you'd like to visit, or do you just want to go to the designated meeting point?"
    Kieran hadn't minded the trouble they'd gone through to get the food they eventually ended up with. Which, amusingly had only ended up being a fish and some sort of furry animal for her, and the rest of the fare for Cerise. Though she really hadn't minded that either, since the food had been the best she'd had in years and the company had been... Better.

I don't think this day could get any better... first it was pretty shitty but then the flying, and the freefall and then more flying and then... Cerise.. She stopped herself. Didn't do herself any good to think like that. Cerise was her friend, or at least that's what it felt like. Nothing more, nothing less- she hoped... still as good as she felt it was surprisingly difficult to reign her feelings back to her standard melancholic neutral.

<Ashi> "Well uh... I need to do some shopping at some point..." She started. "But I uh... I really don't know this city... so uh," she took some time to consider what meeting back with the others meant and quickly decided against it, "so I uh... I guess you can drop me off wherever if you've got places... to be. I'll uh... figure it out."

She glanced at the city beneath them and frowned. She didn't want to be by herself in a city with as many people as this, for several reasons. But at least one, which was the general dislike lof Demihumans and outsiders, didn't seem to be so bad.... there wasn't anyone attacking the giant dragon and the woman riding on her, after all.

OT: I'll be sure to check the post to if you've added anything then.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Shifting repeatedly was exhausting.

Huorn slept through most of the journey, only awaking when they landed in Atla. And he was as thirsty as ever.

Roland spent most of the helicopter trip playing his Game Boy on silent, but with the talk about the national espionage against Wisteria he decided to shut it off and listen a bit. "Yeah, even Atla isn't immune to this sort of stuff but they can stick it for all I care. That's not the kind of guy I am. Speaking of which we're about to touch down near where I grew up so I actually know the environs. If any of you fine people would like to see the places tourists don't usually get to, or just wander around a place where it doesn't matter if you are Demihuman, Metahuman, or even Semihuman as long as you don't cause trouble then I would like to volunteer my services as Tour Guide."

He looks around the chopper for any takers.
    Huorn got up and walked up to Roland. He leaned forward and bared his teeth.

"Just tell me where you can get some beer." he growled.