Page 9 of 152 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Ah, a female for her to observe up close.

She was afraid that she was scaring them away, judging by how the other female spoke to Cruz, but not her.

"Здравствуй, Вика, я Ульяну. Да, я из Sarkovia, хотя я не приветствую оттуда."

<Hello, Vicka, I am Illyana. Yes, I am from Sarkovia, though I do not hail from there.>
    "Hi, Illyana. It's good to meet you. So many different nationalities here, it's like we're at the World's Carnival." Vicka says.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "Hi, Illyana. It's good to meet you. So many different nationalities here, it's like we're at the World's Carnival." Vicka says.
    World Carnival?

Oh, that thing with all the strange vehicle things that were so much fun to ride and all the tasty foods and fun games.

Grinning at the fond memory, she nodded enthusiastically.

Wait, what was she talking about?

Oh, right, all of the different nationalities. She must mean the people who are speaking all of the different languages. Yes, she remembered her father saying that different countries spoke different languages.

She wondered if they all had different idioclsyncrasies, a word she heard her father say meant characteristics, for her to observe.

"Да, я с нетерпением жду, соблюдая все разных национальностей."

<Yes, I look forward to observing all of the different nationalities.>

:Hearing Vicka's question he spoke up.:

"Around the center. Where the main power of our great land, is forged."

:Took a moment to look at his arm with that statement.:

:And yes, he was not looking for mates, rather allies. Looking over again. Wonders when they will be sent out.:

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Numbuh24Insane View Post
    John thought he would never have to go back to the field, that's why it surprised him when the General showed up. The general wanted someone from Atla to join the crew and guven John's record he would be a perfect canidate. Cursing himself, John aproached Wistera and said.

"Hello Wistera, my name is John I was sent by General Colt to see if you needed any help?"
    Jarrod sees the Atla soldier. The skirmishes between their two countries was still a sore subject. It would be interesting to see what would happen.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Rising from his seat, Joaquin once again approached Wisteria. Despite lacking the flashier attire of the others, he still must have been a strange sight to see with his weathered coat and bandaged face contrasting his highly polished and maintain armor beneath.

"Do you have any research material on the Titan site I can look over?"

He only knew the basics of the mountain range and for a mission like this, any information of the terrain and on those who might live near there would be vital.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Bora laughed uproariously and slammed her hand onto his carapace with a slapping sound that rang around the room.

"Fuck dude," she said, "S'rough shit you got there. I don't got having many scratch but I'm down to front you a few if it comes to leg-breaking time. Or just knocking the heads of the fuckers who come knocking,"

She eyed Wisteria who was close by to them. Softskins were everywhere but they were from all over the human lands. Not that she could tell the difference but this really was a gathering of the great. Countries put forward their champions in a way and they all had to do their best for demikind or whatever. All that and this Wisteria was at the centre of all this. Took balls and smarts to do this. Talked good Zoan though for a human.

"I know what you mean about that 'for your country' shit, dude," she said, looking back at Clakim, "Guys coming to me say that I'm one of their bright hopes from the Merc community. Apparently my name got about a bit and now they sent me here to show do what demis can. Real nationalistic shit, y'know. Still..."

Hey eyes raked up and down the enormous pincers, hardened shell and imposing figure. She quite liked that look in a demi. Looked real good to her. Was something about people who were bigger than her that really got her going at times. Especially if they had some fight in them and boy did Clakim have some fight in him. As she remembered it, they'd only fought the once and it had been a pretty close thing. Nice. Real nice.

Pinch me. Ha!

"Saaaay Claks," she said, her voice getting a little low and excitable, "You still fight? You got some punch with them pincers? I remember we tore it up once and it was a fun little dance. You wanna dance sometime?" She playfully raised a fist and nudged him in the chin with it.
    Clakim practically rattled inside of his shell once she'd slapped him. Damn she still had it! Grinning, he managed to compose himself enough to nod once she explained that she had found herself ina similar recruitment situation to him. "Guess, they tried their hardest find the two people who gave the least amount of shits about that nationalistic junk. But hey. I guess they caught me at just the right time."

Clakim glanced over tpwarda the woman who was leading this expedition briefly, before looking back at Bora, asking, "Hey, you catch what she was babbling about? I mean she spoke in two languages, and I still wasn't payi-,"

That was when she hit him. Playfully. Asked if he wanted to go a few rounds. Clakim smirked dangerously. "Y'know, I'm always up for a rumble or two, Bora. Hadn't had a real workout in a good while," he said, beginning to flex his right arm, which held the larger of his pincers. "What say after all this adventuring, we..." Clakim trailed as what appeared to be a human....child (?) approached them, apparently trying to hand something over to Bora.

"So..." Clakim frowned, eyeing the small squishy one. "Is that human a child or just really short? I literally cannot tell you the difference."

Aelia took a seat and looked around the room again, wondering if she should try talking to someone else. She momentarily considered going and talking to her fellow Demihumans Clakim and Bora, but they appeared angry and ill-tempered, possibly even moreso than Paris. Besides which, they looked to be speciests, and would probably not like the fact she was raised by 'squishies', a derogatory term for humans she'd heard speciest Demihumans call her parents in High Zoan.

Aelia wasn't stupid, she knew that there were plenty of Demihumans who'd think less of, maybe even hate her, for being raised by humans. Sighing, Aelia found herself wishing she'd just ignored the job request and stuck to exploring the wilds of Zoaheim with her parents.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Yes, I am ... pleased to meet you." Wen's greeting seemed rehearsed, not entirely sincere, yet she seemed friendly enough, " The Recruiters who came to the University told me there would be two, I thought the other would be him. It was my mistake. You, are you human or metahuman? I still have trouble telling them apart."
    Kieran nodded once, and looked at the girl.

<"I'm surprised the Recruiters mentioned me at all, to be honest."> Stranger still was who they chose as a second. Not that she seemed wrong... She seemed very friendly, and she was obviously more than competent enough have passed their examinations. But she was quiet, and her manner was strange.. And like herself, she was a ... 'Halfbreed'.

"<I'm a human. I uh..."> She held up her right arm and showed her the gauntlet. <"I'm an Artificer."> She paused and considered how to word what she wanted to say next. She had figured out the girl was a Demihuman.. possibly. But she only had the markings to go off of.

<"So, you're a Demihuman, right?"> She asked softly, and in Elyssian, so that the others couldn't hear.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Kieran nodded once, and looked at the girl.

<"I'm surprised the Recruiters mentioned me at all, to be honest."> Stranger still was who they chose as a second. Not that she seemed wrong... She seemed very friendly, and she was obviously more than competent enough have passed their examinations. But she was quiet, and her manner was strange.. And like herself, she was a ... 'Halfbreed'.

"<I'm a human. I uh..."> She held up her right arm and showed her the gauntlet. <"I'm an Artificer."> She paused and considered how to word what she wanted to say next. She had figured out the girl was a Demihuman.. possibly. But she only had the markings to go off of.

<"So, you're a Demihuman, right?"> She asked softly, and in Elyssian, so that the others couldn't hear.
    "Demihuman, yes that is what they call me. Is it that obvious?" Wen sounded almost frustrated by this, but then a slight curl to her mouth suggested that she was holding back something. Also speaking in Elyssian.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

"Demihuman, yes that is what they call me. Is it that obvious?" Wen sounded almost frustrated by this, but then a slight curl to her mouth suggested that she was holding back something. Also speaking in Elyssian.
    <"Not really.. I just saw the markings."> Kieran responded, noting the frustrated way she replied. <"And you really don't have the same... Air, as most Elyssian's either... Which for me, is a good thing."> She smiled weakly,

Noticing the lip curl however, she retracted the smile. <"But you don't seem to happy with that... term. I take it you've not been treated too well by those that know?"> She asked in the same manner as before.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Rising from his seat, Joaquin once again approached Wisteria. Despite lacking the flashier attire of the others, he still must have been a strange sight to see with his weathered coat and bandaged face contrasting his highly polished and maintain armor beneath.

"Do you have any research material on the Titan site I can look over?"

He only knew the basics of the mountain range and for a mission like this, any information of the terrain and on those who might live near there would be vital.
    Wisteria shook her head. "I haven't been digging through the Titan Mountains in twenty years. I can't imagine the mountains themselves have changed too much. However, the site we are going to speaks of a vast underground chasm, which once served as a Djinnoa technician city. Supposedly a vast network of subterranean railways crossed through the region; in my early digs there, I certainly found evidence of artificially made passages. But the network, if one that large really existed, has totally collapsed. I regret that I could not trace the tunnels back to any more definitive information, but I very quickly got into trouble with the Curran government, who tipped off the Bellamian and Argonian authorities."

She shook her head. "You'd think a mountain range that trisects the entire continent would be easy to get lost in, but unfortunately, a full fledged archaeological dig is hard to hide when the authorities are dead set on finding you. Either way, I'm sorry to say I don't know much more than you. I can say there is a risk of discovering some reactived Djinnoan technology. Hopefully nothing more dangerous than artifacts similar to ones some of you are carrying."
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-28-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

<"Not really.. I just saw the markings."> Kieran responded, noting the frustrated way she replied. <"And you really don't have the same... Air, as most Elyssian's either... Which for me, is a good thing."> She smiled weakly,

Noticing the lip curl however, she retracted the smile. <"But you don't seem to happy with that... term. I take it you've not been treated too well by those that know?"> She asked in the same manner as before.
    "There is no place in Elyssa for non-humans. When they believe I am as they are I am treated well. When they find out what I am they treat me as they would an animal. Except at University, there are people who know the truth and care little. They care for real truth, not simply what their eyes see. Still, I have seen few demis until now and had no idea how their differences fill my own eyes with wonder. Now I look forward to seeing the real truth about them, about all of us. This could be very enlightening. " Wen smiled confidently.

She then looked seriously at the other woman, "You are Elyssa yet I sense not hate or fear. You talk to me as equal. That is strange."
    Last edited by Tami; 04-28-2013 at 08:55 PM.

"There is no place in Elyssa for non-humans. When they believe I am as they are I am treated well. When they find out what I am they treat me as they would an animal. Except at University, there are people who know the truth and care little. They care for real truth, not simply what their eyes see. Still, I have seen few demis until now and had no idea how their differences fill my own eyes with wonder. Now I look forward to seeing the real truth about them, about all of us. This could be very enlightening. " Wen smiled confidently.
    Kieran nodded in understanding. <"They don't just stop at non-human, either. Anything not 'purebred',"> she actually did hand quotes, <"is treated pretty harshly."> Her comments on the matter made, she slipped back into silence and focused on the rest of what Wen had to say.

Despite the abuse the girl had said she'd made it into a University. That was pretty fantastic. And to add to it, she seemed more than happy to find herself here, around other Demihumans. <"Well I am glad you're happy to find yourself here."> She flashed a smile. <"I'm also somewhat relieved to find someone I can relate to, in my own language no less, joining me on this expedition.">

A moment of silence passes before something she'd been content to let slip until now caused her to say; <"Forgive me, but I don't seem to remember hearing your name..">

Paris had slipped away from the leaf-eaters and had begun to head back through the increasingly shrunk crowd. The gathered had all settled into groups neatly now, discussing what was to come, becoming familiar with the men and women and creatures they'd likely spend the next several weeks, or even months, with. Paris was different. He didn't see people he saw marks. He saw flaws from a distance, weaknesses to be exploited. Not that he wanted to, he couldn't help it. People were all the same; they had the same issues underneath, the same wants. Paris was different. He had no issues he wasn't aware of and attempted to improve. He had nothing to be exploited. Paris smiled as he strode forward. Ah yes, Paris of Swaeyris was so much more awake than the rest of these thralls. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha.

Paris rammed head first into Clakim, his self-delusions stupidly blinding him as he walked. "Woaho sorry," Paris said, adjusting himself at the creature. "You speak Grannin mate? Names Snerson, Professor Stanuell Snerson Scumbag, Triple S Rockology."

Kieran nodded in understanding. <"They don't just stop at non-human, either. Anything not 'purebred',"> she actually did hand quotes, <"is treated pretty harshly."> Her comments on the matter made, she slipped back into silence and focused on the rest of what Wen had to say.

Despite the abuse the girl had said she'd made it into a University. That was pretty fantastic. And to add to it, she seemed more than happy to find herself here, around other Demihumans. <"Well I am glad you're happy to find yourself here."> She flashed a smile. <"I'm also somewhat relieved to find someone I can relate to, in my own language no less, joining me on this expedition.">

A moment of silence passes before something she'd been content to let slip until now caused her to say; <"Forgive me, but I don't seem to remember hearing your name..">

"Wen Jin-Hu. And I do not understand, you are human, why would you be trreated otherwise?"