Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E2: Hopeless Reaches the "Boss Level" of "Avengers Arena"

In August, "Avengers Arena" writer Dennis Hopeless kicks off "Boss Level," a new story arc that changes the series' paradigm, offering the captive teens a shot at their captor, the recently powered-up Arcade.

Full article here.

I hope a small team manages to get away, enough for a spinoff book.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

3 SMALL groups????? UH-OH.

It's about time. I've been waiting for Bowser to show up.

Now, if they can just find a 1-up mushroom for Kid Briton, this series won't be a total wash. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Most of them won't make it, and those who do will be fundamentally changed.

There are 13 kids in Arena. Considering 1 or 2 people diying in Game On arc there will be 11-12 kids in the start of Boss Level. (I think 3 small groups will be: "Hazmat Reptil Juston" , "X-23 Cammi Chase Nico Deathlocket" ,"Anachronism Bloodstone Nara") At least 5 of them won't make it to the last battle. OMG!!! 5-6 DEATHS IN 3-4 ISSUES? REALLY? That's a lot!!! (I think those of who will make it will be " Hazmat , X-23 (we know these 2) , Nico , Bloodstone , Cammi , Reptil)
    So... X-23 kills Hazmat and.... No wait , I can't eliminate more kids. I will be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally shocked if there will be less than 5 survivors. That would really hurt me. BUT NEVERMIND! STILL THE BEST SERIES .

While I love this series it's about time all the heroes went looking for these kids. I mean Arcade kidnapped Avengers, Runaways, an X-men, Students of Captain Britain's school, and two space heroes. So Arcade should have quite a large number of heroes going after him. Hopefully issue 13 explains some things.

BANNED

Season II! Kill the New X-Men!

Going to catch up tonight.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

really excited to see how this plays out, and really excited for more info on season 2 eventualy!

Season 2? Well, I wonder what it will be. I'm surprised to see the Boss Level this year. I thought that it will take 20 issues at least before we reach the end (for at least phase one).
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Sales weren't as high as they hoped with all the pimping out Marvel did early on. Some websites don't even talk about it anymore.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Love the 8bit variant.
    I really hope the ending will not be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Sales weren't as high as they hoped with all the pimping out Marvel did early on. Some websites don't even talk about it anymore.
    We're sales dropping that much? I wondering if hopeless always planned to have it end this soon or the sales made it that way. The only cheaters I care about are chase, nico, and x-23! I'm a big runaways fan and hoping we see more characters again soon. Besides that I'm cool with everyone kicking the bucket even though I'd like some avengers academy people to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    We're sales dropping that much? I wondering if hopeless always planned to have it end this soon or the sales made it that way. The only cheaters I care about are chase, nico, and x-23! I'm a big runaways fan and hoping we see more characters again soon. Besides that I'm cool with everyone kicking the bucket even though I'd like some avengers academy people to make it.

I'm pretty sure it was planned because before the first issue was published , Hopeless said we would see an issue out side of the Murderworld , and issue about the kids' friends looking for them in the third or fourth arc. And that issue is confirmed , it's issue #13. Can't wait for that.

Okay, so the current survivors: Juston (& Sentinel), Chase Stein (& Darkhawk Armor), Death Locket, Apex (Katy, Unknown Male), Cammi, X-23, Nico Minoru (& The Staff of One), Hazmat, Reptil, Anachronism, Bloodstone, Nara

Status Unrevealed (looking bleak though): Chris Powell (no Darkhawk Armor)

I'm going to assume Powell's dead.

Chase, Juston, and Nico all have items listed next to them as I believe they could transfer them at death, especially the Sentinel and the Darkhawk armor (which is a confirmed transfer).

I suspect Juston will be the next casualty. Perhaps Death Locket takes control of the Sentinel?

Hazmat and X-23 are confirmed to make it to Day 30 at least.

I get the indication that Chase and Nico will separate over the Darkhawk revelation.

Group Theories:

Bloodstone, Cammi, X-23, and Nico Minoru (Chase leaves because of reasons above, Bloodstone joins after what happened with Nara and Anachronism, X-23 wants to be where she can't hurt Hazmat/Reptil, thinks this group is best)

Apex, Death Locket, Sentinel

Anachronism, Nara, Chase (Darkhawk)

Reptil, Hazmat

I wouldn't be too surprised if Death Locket kills Katy this arc, but it may happen in the final arc. If it doesn't happen this arc, I suspect Reptil will die and Hazmat will end up with another group.