Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Norman Osborn know about the new hobgoblin?

Has Norman made any comment about Phil? Surely Osborn must know about the "mysterious" new hobgoblin flying around.

For that matter, why isn't Philgoblin concerned about Norman Osborn? The man was the original Green Goblin for Pete's sakes. It funny when he supposely killed Roddy, he didn't think about killing Norman and become the one true goblin.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 04-26-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

No, he wouldn't, cause he's been in a coma since his last story arc when he became the Super Adaptoid. But, he seems to have awoken or taken. I guess we will find out later.

Has Norman even made an apperance since he was captured at the end of the last Avengers/Dark Avengers plot?

The guy was pretty much a mess at that point, so I doubt he might not be up on things.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Norman escaped the hospital they were holding him at in ASM #697, and he has since appeared briefly, in costume no less, at the end of Superior #4.

I wish a writer would step up and fix all this goblin stuff. There's this weird disconnect, ever since Norman became the villain du jour of the Marvel universe. But even Peter as Spider-man didn't seem to care that there's a new Hobgoblin (much less Kingsley being back), just as he didn't seem to care that there's a new Venom running around.

It would be great for Norman to learn that the Hobgoblins were messing around his hidden lair during "Danger Zone", learns about Kingsley's villain branding scheme, and they go to war against each other again. It would also be great if Norman killed off Phil Urich--his character is done as far as I'm concerned.
    Superman sucks. Batman rules. Spider-man's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I wish a writer would step up and fix all this goblin stuff. There's this weird disconnect, ever since Norman became the villain du jour of the Marvel universe. But even Peter as Spider-man didn't seem to care that there's a new Hobgoblin (much less Kingsley being back), just as he didn't seem to care that there's a new Venom running around.

It would be great for Norman to learn that the Hobgoblins were messing around his hidden lair during "Danger Zone", learns about Kingsley's villain branding scheme, and they go to war against each other again. It would also be great if Norman killed off Phil Urich--his character is done as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, Phil definitely has no fans whatsoever who would miss him if he was killed off.

Oh wait. Yes he does! Those of us who followed his ongoing are, I imagine, still interested in following his exploits. So yeah! Keep the dude alive.

I do agree that Peter should be more interested in learning the identities of all these new mooks in familiar threads, and that a Goblin war should happen.

-Pav, who's been dreaming of Phil as a Slinger for years and years and years...
    2013: Scarlet Spider X-Men: Legacy Morbius Hawkeye X-Factor Young Avengers
    2014: Silver Surfer New Warriors Iron Fist Hawkeye Doop?!

Yeah it did tick me off how Peter didn't care that Kingsley was back in town. I was like, "DUDE, THAT IS RODERICK FREAKIN' KINGSLEY! THE MAN WHO KILLED LEEDS!" Slott might as well had Peter yawn at the sight of Kingsley.

Peter: Kingsley's back.....meh. Oh well.

Why do I get the feeling there will be a original Green Goblin vs. New hobgobllin fight sooner or later?
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 04-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Yeah it did tick me off how Peter didn't care that Kingsley was back in town. I was like, "DUDE, THAT IS RODERICK FREAKIN' KINGSLEY! THE MAN WHO KILLED LEEDS!" Slott might as well had Peter yawn at the sight of Kingsley.

Peter: Kingsley's back.....meh. Oh well.

Why do I get the feeling there will be a original Green Goblin vs. New hobgobllin fight sooner or later?
    Did Peter know it was Kingsley?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Did Peter know it was Kingsley?
    Peter should know Macendale is dead, and Kingsley was outed as Hobgoblin in the news, so who else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    Yeah, Phil definitely has no fans whatsoever who would miss him if he was killed off.

Oh wait. Yes he does! Those of us who followed his ongoing are, I imagine, still interested in following his exploits. So yeah! Keep the dude alive.

I do agree that Peter should be more interested in learning the identities of all these new mooks in familiar threads, and that a Goblin war should happen.

-Pav, who's been dreaming of Phil as a Slinger for years and years and years...
    It's really not the same Phil that people knew though, is it?

And I have to ask again: Did Peter ever find out Phil was the good Green Goblin? Because wouldn't he know that's Phil with the sonic laugh as Hobgoblin, if so?

And I have to ask again: Did Peter ever find out Phil was the good Green Goblin? Because wouldn't he know that's Phil with the sonic laugh as Hobgoblin, if so?
    Peter never found out Phil was the Goblin, no - and in fact, he never met that Green Goblin at all. Ben Reilly met him a couple of times, but not Peter.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Norman escaped the hospital they were holding him at in ASM #697, and he has since appeared briefly, in costume no less, at the end of Superior #4.

This is not entirely accurate. Norman mysteriously disappeared from his hospital room. Dan Slott said this was interesting as there was likely heavy guard guarding the room due to what he had done and worded it in a way that sounded like someone else may have broken him out. There's no confirmation he escaped, per se, and was possibly kidnapped from there. Secondly, a man in a Green Goblin costume appeared subsequently to that and Slott has strongly hinted in interviews that it may not be Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    This is not entirely accurate. Norman mysteriously disappeared from his hospital room. Dan Slott said this was interesting as there was likely heavy guard guarding the room due to what he had done and worded it in a way that sounded like someone else may have broken him out. There's no confirmation he escaped, per se, and was possibly kidnapped from there. Secondly, a man in a Green Goblin costume appeared subsequently to that and Slott has strongly hinted in interviews that it may not be Norman.
    Maybe it's another clone like in Goblins at the Gate.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Peter should know Macendale is dead, and Kingsley was outed as Hobgoblin in the news, so who else could it be?
    Well as with any masked character, it could be literally anyone. Particularly when it comes to Goblins. What with the Green, Hob and Grey variety of them how many are there? Like 8 or so?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    I think we can conclude that whether he did it himself, or was abducted, Norman escaped the hospital. Before "Dying Wish", I thought it had something to do with the gold octobot that was seen nearby before he was noticed to be gone.

And yes, I could see the Green Goblin who appeared in SSM #4 not being Norman, as Dan loves to misdirect readers. Maybe it's Harry?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Funny enough, I think I read Glenn Greenburg say that they intended Phil Urich to be that 5th mystery Green Goblin back during the Mackie run, the one that was appearing alongside Norman.

It would be great if Kingsley farmed the Green Goblin persona out from under Norman, to get back at him. Nobody was really using it. Or maybe it is another clone, and Jackal is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The Green Goblin could be either Harry Osborn OR.......Bart Hamilton! Dum! Dum! Duuum!

The Bart Green Goblin could have survived his last encounter with Harry and Peter. Is Dan Slott a fan of the 70's Spider-man stories? Maybe he has Bart under the mask. I could see him wanting to get revenge on Spider-man.

Besides, the clone thing in comics is getting a bit old.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 04-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.

I think we can conclude that whether he did it himself, or was abducted, Norman escaped the hospital. Before "Dying Wish", I thought it had something to do with the gold octobot that was seen nearby before he was noticed to be gone.

And yes, I could see the Green Goblin who appeared in SSM #4 not being Norman, as Dan loves to misdirect readers. Maybe it's Harry?

Funny enough, I think I read Glenn Greenburg say that they intended Phil Urich to be that 5th mystery Green Goblin back during the Mackie run, the one that was appearing alongside Norman.

It would be great if Kingsley farmed the Green Goblin persona out from under Norman, to get back at him. Nobody was really using it. Or maybe it is another clone, and Jackal is involved?
    Well he definitely got out... but he could still be in a coma and have been taken.