Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Default Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Magus (Chrono Trigger)

SSSC Ghaleon, and endgame Magus. Standard Khazan battle.

Bonus Scenario: They get in an argument over who had the bitchinest boss music.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post

*Sits in the front row, holding popcorn.*
    Thank you....this is going to be awesome.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Since you made this distinction, I must ask, are we talking about Ghaleon before he starts mainlining goddess juice into his veins or whatever?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Endboss Ghaleon vs Endgame Magus. I just wanted to make it clear that Silver Star Harmony and Eternal Blue stuff was out.

Forever
    Wherever

The only matchup Magus is winning is Best Boss Theme.

Ghaleon completely stomps on him both in gameplay and cutscenes.

I don't recall Ghaleon doing much in cutscenes besides owning Quark, and he was ready for that and had the element of surprise. When he was far weaker than his endgame power, Magus with prep opened a hole in time and pulled Lavos part way through it (presumably if Crono and co hadn't shown up, he would have gotten himself killed though).

The absolute peak of Althena's power was about as destructive as Lavos (though for a different reason), and Ghaleon never demonstrated being anywhere near that level of output. Luna still appeared to hold most of the power.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-27-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Forever
    Wherever

I don't recall Ghaleon doing much in cutscenes besides owning Quark, and he was ready for that and had the element of surprise. When he was far weaker than his endgame power, Magus with prep opened a hole in time and pulled Lavos part way through it (presumably if Crono and co hadn't shown up, he would have gotten himself killed though).
    It's not like he snuck up on Quark or anything. He walked up, gave an evil monologue, zapped him, then walked back out.

And as you said, 'with prep'. Not like he can dimension-dump Ghaleon or anything.

And storywise endgame, player-character Magus is actually weaker than the Magus that fought Crono and Frog in his tower.
    Last edited by Wjowski; 04-27-2013 at 05:37 PM.

In what way? Cause storywise, Magus is able to be 1/3rd (or 1/7th, possibly) the force that was able to take out Lavos in a head on fight, wheras one of the guys that took down villain Magus was casually disintegrated in one shot by Lavos. And Lavos is well beyond any of the Dragons.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

In memory of an old thread (though I think that one had Indalecio), Lezard Valeth shows up, there is an impromptu episode of "Pimp My Magic Tower", and the three go cruising the multiverse in it to pick up chicks.

Okay, Magus says he's looking for Schala, but the other two think he just needs to "relax", and Schala might not be too far from Lezard's tastes anyway.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight