Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

He is a genius, just mocked at for his personality. Take me for example, I'm told I'm rather smart, high grades yet I'm the butt of idiot jokes because I can act stupid.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Banner actually had a ton of powerful inventions kicking around before he turned into the Hulk, and in the few periods of time where he managed to get a bit of piece he tends to start producing more inventions.

He's been held back over the years due to the fact that he keeps changing into the Hulk, and he spends most of his off time trying to come up with a cure for the Hulk, which there will never be.

I'd say Banner, Stark, and Pym are all held as just under Doom, and ugh...Richards...though they have much more knowledge in their specialized fields.

I'd rank Beast and T'challa under them, at least when it comes to the pure science realm, both Beast and T'challa have more general knowledge particularly T'challa who being the leader of a country is going to have a bit more focus on the social sciences.

Its a little bit harder to tell with the Villains who aren't Doom as they tend to pick one gimmick and stick with it.

Modok and the Leader are both up there, possibly somewhere around Doom and Reed, but they have tendency to fuck up royally.
    Ah, why does being a leader of a country mean that T'challa is more focused on social sciences? Doom is a leader of a country and he's not focused or limited to social sciences. T'challa is polymath and a genius physicist, he's by far the best lateral thinker, tactical and strategy guy (that's his thing) out of the super genius. He's also a accomplished engineer--though less then Tony of course.

He's not a guy focused on social science--Wakanka is basically utopia and has been--he has a army of people to focus on that.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 04-27-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Also with the juice running to his brain from the arc reactor has made Tony even smarter. I remember Reed stretching is brain to add up how much higher Tony's thinking abilities are now.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I don't think Doc Ock is THAT intelligent. He is a genius, but not a supergenius.
    Norman also (and even if he would be, he is too nuts to use his intelligence properly).
    Isn't the Mole Man pretty intelligent as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Also with the juice running to his brain from the arc reactor has made Tony even smarter. I remember Reed stretching is brain to add up how much higher Tony's thinking abilities are now.
    I always thought that whole thing about Reed stretching his brain to get smarter was pretty stupid.

If his powers worked that way why not stretch his brain when he's trying to build universe saving plot devices, rather than just using that ability when he's trying to cheat at chess?

But yeah... I think a lot of the comic smart guys have closed the gap between themselves and Reed in recent years. Various writers have had Stark, Banner, and Pym in particular fight pretty darn hard for that number three spot behind Reed and Doom. Even Beast has really upped his game in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I always thought that whole thing about Reed stretching his brain to get smarter was pretty stupid.

If his powers worked that way why not stretch his brain when he's trying to build universe saving plot devices, rather than just using that ability when he's trying to cheat at chess?

But yeah... I think a lot of the comic smart guys have closed the gap between themselves and Reed in recent years. Various writers have had Stark, Banner, and Pym in particular fight pretty darn hard for that number three spot behind Reed and Doom. Even Beast has really upped his game in the last decade.
    He didn't use it to cheat at chest and he's done the brain stretching thing before. That's why it's hard for mind control to work on him. Also I still don't think Tony is with Reed or Doom. That's why I said he was 3rd as did Marvel Wiki.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I think almost everyone can universally agree as far as the top minds in the MU are concerned, Reed and Doom top the list.

Everyone after this falls into sort of a grey area.

I think guys like Stark, Pym, T'Challa, and Banner all fall under the same second tier just below Reed and Doom. But I don't think it's possible to decisively say any one of them is necessarily smarter than the other.

Beast is arguably a notch below that... though he's actually got some nice tech feats under his belt in recent years... his stock might be rising quite a bit actually.
    I actually agree with this. It's similar to Hickman's view as well.
    http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHic...69768537175057

I think this is pretty well documented, isn't it?
    1. Reed
    2. Stark, T'Challa, Pym
    5. Banner.
    I don't thnk he list bad guys, obviously Doom Would have been with Reed.

Magneto used to be up there. Not on par with Reed and Doom, but smarter than, say, the Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I actually agree with this. It's similar to Hickman's view as well.
    http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHic...69768537175057
    I know it's his opinion, but he basically has it as 2.)Stark 3.)T'Challa 4.) Pym and 5.)Banner when it comes to heroes.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 04-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Magneto used to be up there. Not on par with Reed and Doom, but smarter than, say, the Wizard.
    Magneto doesn't get alot of props that he should.

He didn't use it to cheat at chest and he's done the brain stretching thing before. That's why it's hard for mind control to work on him. Also I still don't think Tony is with Reed or Doom. That's why I said he was 3rd as did Marvel Wiki.
    I don't actually own the issue that took place... but did Stark indicate he thought Reed was using his brain stretching to cheat?

I know it's his opinion, but he basically has it as 2.)Stark 3.)T'Challa 4.) Pym and 5.)Banner when it comes to heroes.
    I think the point of putting Stark, Pym, and T'Challa all in that number 2 spot is that they were essentially tied.

Otherwise the numbering would go to 5 rather than 3.

I don't actually own the issue that took place... but did Stark indicate he thought Reed was using his brain stretching to cheat?
    He said it as a joke. He says Reed could stretch he brain if he wanted to cheat at chess. In that issue Tony beats him at chess.

I think the point of putting Stark, Pym, and T'Challa all in that number 2 spot is that they were essentially tied.

Otherwise the numbering would go to 5 rather than 3.
    Then if it was tied why not put Banner 3rd? If it was a 3 way tie. As I stated that's why I put opinion as I'm sure others will differ. That's why I'm stating like that. A 3 way tied for 2nd and then Banner 3rd.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 04-27-2013 at 09:02 AM.

BANNED

Even Beast has really upped his game in the last decade.
    beast is not a good scientist. most of his experiments end in disaster.