Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 119
  1. #61
    Gibson Girl Twil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    205

    Default

    On the topic of Noh Var vs Speed, Noh is totally Bowie, but Speed is totally Idol
    Stand high long enough and your lightning will come

  2. #62
    Bieber My Balls Tiamatican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    How do you know the people who complain about sexual immorality aren't devout Muslims?
    Oh, I'm sure a couple of them are. But by and large, it's going to be conservative Christians who complain about random sexual hookups in comic books. And some of those people are also going to be racist towards Muslims. (For lack of a better term. Many of the people who hate Muslims argue they're not racist because Islam is a religion, not a race. Fine, fair enough. Those people are still discriminatory assholes. And as far as I know, "religionist" isn't a word.)

  3. #63
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    8,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twil View Post
    On the topic of Noh Var vs Speed, Noh is totally Bowie, but Speed is totally Idol
    Speed is more Corey Hart in my head. I'm quite certain he does indeed wear his sunglasses at night. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure the people who complain about sexual immorality are big fans of devout Muslims. The people who complained about Kate and Noh-Varr would probably flip their shit if Dust joined.

    Not that that would be a bad thing, mind you.
    Well those people I don't care if they flip their shit, but to any who actually have that point of view and can accept Dust than it would be good for them.

  5. #65
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    First, Black Panther is African. Second, yeah no one actually said that.
    People actually did. They insisted that America and a gay couple don't actually count because they're not black males. Which is why I had to take a step back from the issue because as much as I advocate for diversity, some of the rhetoric here gets really ridiculous.

    While I disagree about Hulkling, I totally hadn't thought of the fact that Prodigy was directly affected by Wanda's power wipe. That should be an interesting dynamic.
    Agreed. If the team ever encountered the Uncanny Avengers, it'd be an interesting moment. Especially since he had friends who were depowered and killed after House of M.

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Agreed. If the team ever encountered the Uncanny Avengers, it'd be an interesting moment. Especially since he had friends who were depowered and killed after House of M.
    They were not killed because of Wanda, they were killed because Emma hated humans and could not wait to get rid of the normal children from her beloved mansion. David should kneel before Wanda and thank her for giving him the opportunity to rejoin humanity. In any case Alex was right in Uncanny Avengers, of his view of relationship between various iterations of humanity, and David, if he is smart as all claim he is, should embrace the opportunity bestowed to him by the generosity of Wandas act.
    Last edited by Opus; 04-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.

  7. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

    I imagine Wiccan wearing Argyll socks. And enjoying strawberry jam on scones (basically I see Billy as a young Sir Ian! )

    EXACTLY!!! Let them whine! Kieron Gillen doesn't cater to the bigoted and repressed; he cares about the daring and awesome people; who embrace all things... even Billy's haircut! EMBRACE IT MY SAUSAGES!!! EMBRACE HIS BACON GOOEY LOCKS!!!
    Than you have not seen young McCreepan: if William looked like that he WOULD have to imagine into reality someone who would be in relationship with him.

    And please do not throw labels around freely, lets not get in to discussions about equal values of differing oppinions. Or please if you wish there is Community board.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    People actually did. They insisted that America and a gay couple don't actually count because they're not black males. Which is why I had to take a step back from the issue because as much as I advocate for diversity, some of the rhetoric here gets really ridiculous.



    Agreed. If the team ever encountered the Uncanny Avengers, it'd be an interesting moment. Especially since he had friends who were depowered and killed after House of M.
    I don't remember anyone saying America did not count. I do remember people saying Teddy and Billy did not count because they were white.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  9. #69
    Ain't no Snowflake yanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis!
    Posts
    14,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    They were not killed because of Wanda, they were killed because Emma hated humans and could not wait to get rid of the normal children from her beloved mansion. David should kneel before Wanda and thank her for giving him the opportunity to rejoin humanity. In any case Alex was right in Uncanny Avengers, of his view of relationship between various iterations of humanity, and David, if he is smart as all claim he is, should embrace the opportunity bestowed to him by the generosity of Wandas act.
    cpjudd.com

    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I do not quite recognize the scene. But I suppose, seing the hair of the character Blaine si looking at, that is the scene where he encounters Hunter with the rather Machiavellian scheme to get him to rejoin The Warblers ( It is sad that I care more for The Warblers and Sebastian and Hunter than most of the people in New Directions, with Sam being my favorite character in the series, than Blaine and Ryder, Jake and Marley, of others I could not care of. Lord Tubbington favorite recurring one ). ANyway, Blaine is admiring cleverness here of his foes.

  11. #71
    Ain't no Snowflake yanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis!
    Posts
    14,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    ANyway, Blaine is admiring cleverness here of his foes.
    He's really, really not.
    cpjudd.com

    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

  12. #72
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    He's really, really not.
    Since Glee and Smash are the highlights of my TV expirience ( being only two series I watch ) I usually watch episodes with close scrutiny, often a couple of times. Therefore I am more atuned at character hints and small details that slip for casual audience. This is Blaines face for "Wow I made mistake leaving The Warblers, and choosing that whiny spoiled brat over Sebastian and this Hunter guy looks so much like that guy from Spectacular I am in total awe of them I should totally rejoin" expression.

    Since you are adept at making gifs, i need one of those three hilarious seconds of Blaines childless bearing hips poping accompnied with hillarious " I am so badass" face expression in the episode from last week, hilariously set to some remix of Phil Collins voice on repeat from old Genesis song so be kind and make me one, okay?

  13. #73
    Ain't no Snowflake yanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis!
    Posts
    14,044

    Default

    We should discontinue addressing one another. Thanks.
    cpjudd.com

    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

  14. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    We should discontinue addressing one another. Thanks.
    Hey, dont be so grouchy, I am kidding.

  15. #75
    Barely A Member sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

    The cast (and concept) don't NEED more diversity, agreed... but it would help. Hickman isn't using this opportunity to push a woman into the forefront of "world changer"; but (according to Hickman) the boys club mentality WILL be explored (i.e. lack of women is kind of the point). While I want more women in the cast, I still adore the series as it stands. THAT SAID I won't stand for hypocrisy. You can't defend one for "not needing diversity" while lambasting Young Avengers for "lacking" diversity (which is clearly does not).
    Aren't we getting that with Black Swan? The last issue had the rich (mostly) white guys sitting round her as she sat on a throne revealing knowledge to them. It works as a cast of rich guys ruling the world in secret, making bad decisions. It strikes me that if you made every team diverse you'd lose those stories that show the error of only trusting those who are like you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •