Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Personally i prefered the old design because it highlighted that part of her that still seemed innocent and naive, which made her infactuation with Joker and her turning to crime all the more tragic.
    It also served to add a bit of light heartedness and humour to her which ties into the fact that shes supposed to be a clown.

Now shes just pretty much a straight up "bad girl" character, whos gone nutty because of chemicals.
    That's exactly how I feel about it

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    She was always smart and dangerous. She just hid it by acting ditzy.
    Yep. A good example of this is when Lady Scarface tried to recruit her by breaking her out Arkham, but Harley schooled her and turned herself back in to Batman.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    I dunno.. if you don't see the internet pinups, just from BTAS, it's hard to see Catwoman or Harley as strippers. Specially considering what men wear. Unless there's megacleavage, thongs, cheekers or underboob, the problem is mostly the body language.
    Really?! Paul Dini actually wrote her doin' a tease in a stripclub.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I do wonder, comicswise, how long as Harley actually been Joker's sidekick? I see her become her own breakout character with her own series at one time, and now she's with the Suicide Squad. She is still obsessed with the Joker, but he's usually either gone for half a year or involve in some other story that Harley can't be a part of because she's also off doing her own thing. The ONLY comic I ever seen that had Joker and Harley working together was in the Joker Mask comic, and I know that doesn't count. So exactly how much of a history does she actually have Joker's sidekick in the comics before they decided to change her up?

I do like the new hair though, but I hate the fact that, along with everything else, the New52 wants to make it look like 'that's how it's always been'. I kinda preffer Harley being a blonde through most of her criminal carreer and then decide to go with the blue/red look currently, instead of 'that's how it was all along'. I have the same problem with the New52 saying Batman has been wearing the same outfit since day one, without his long history of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Really?! Paul Dini actually wrote her doin' a tease in a stripclub.
    Must...
    Not...
    Reply...
    Sarcastically...

That's right, but it's not BTAS, as I clearly stated. Let's not take statements out of their context, in this case "if you don't see the internet pinups, just from BTAS, it's hard to see Catwoman or Harley as strippers".
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez12 View Post
    I do wonder, comicswise, how long as Harley actually been Joker's sidekick? I see her become her own breakout character with her own series at one time, and now she's with the Suicide Squad. She is still obsessed with the Joker, but he's usually either gone for half a year or involve in some other story that Harley can't be a part of because she's also off doing her own thing. The ONLY comic I ever seen that had Joker and Harley working together was in the Joker Mask comic, and I know that doesn't count. So exactly how much of a history does she actually have Joker's sidekick in the comics before they decided to change her up?

I do like the new hair though, but I hate the fact that, along with everything else, the New52 wants to make it look like 'that's how it's always been'. I kinda preffer Harley being a blonde through most of her criminal carreer and then decide to go with the blue/red look currently, instead of 'that's how it was all along'. I have the same problem with the New52 saying Batman has been wearing the same outfit since day one, without his long history of changes.
    They were together in NML too.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    That's right, but it's not BTAS, as I clearly stated. Let's not take statements out of their context, in this case "if you don't see the internet pinups, just from BTAS, it's hard to see Catwoman or Harley as strippers".
    Sorry I assumed for some reason you just meant animated in general and actually overlooked BTAS in your OP. My fault.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    My fault.
    That's right, bitch! You know now.

Kidding, hahaha. But yeah, perhaps the only reason they didn't look like strippers in BTAS is that it was aimed at kids.

By the way, now that I look at that video again, I think having Catwoman stripping was a really bad idea if they didn't know how to animate boobs. At some points they hang normally at others they totally look like stiff implants.
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 04-28-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Harley Quinn was my favorite character in the DC universe and now I could give two shits about her in NuDC. Biggest f-up they did during the revamp.
    My Canon > Your Canon