Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Yeah, the story is just plain bad at this point.
    That's because the universe is quite literally bending over backwards to keep Spock around despite the fact that his personality should have blown his cover long ago. Dude's got so much plot armor I'm surprised he doesn't clank when he walks.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-26-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's because the universe is quite literally bending over backwards to keep Spock around despite the fact that his personality should have blown his cover long ago. Dude's got so much plot armor I'm surprised he doesn't clank when he walks.
    Didn't they tell you? Plot armor now comes in an ultra lightweight plastic/fiberglass mixture. Perfectly silent and twice as effective as standard plot armor.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Because Peter Parker isn't famous for his mood swings. It must clearly be the nefarious work of one of his long-time villains that just died on national television.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Because Peter Parker isn't famous for his mood swings. It must clearly be the nefarious work of one of his long-time villains that just died on national television.
    To the degree of acting like he's superior to all those around him and not even talking anything like how he would? I mean 'The die is cast?' Really now? Peter's had mood swings, but hasn't suddenly talking like he's got an old soul. Mood swings are one thing, but Ock doesn't even talk like Peter.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I don't even read this, other than issue one and previews, but I'd be glad if they got rid of Peter for real. I mean the first issue x9 is too much already. At least they'd be committing to the plot point.
    Bad news everyone...

To the degree of acting like he's superior to all those around him and not even talking anything like how he would? I mean 'The die is cast?' Really now? Peter's had mood swings, but hasn't suddenly talking like he's got an old soul. Mood swings are one thing, but Ock doesn't even talk like Peter.
    Stilt-Man talks like that. And you don't get much more everyman villain than Stilt-Man.
    Last edited by CyberHubbs; 04-26-2013 at 03:39 PM.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Stilt-Man talks like that. And you don't get much more everyman villain than Stilt-Man.
    Stilt-Man may talk like that but Peter doesn't. If I know someone for years and suddenly they start talking in a way they've never done before, I'm gonna wonder if something is up with them.

Stilt-Man may talk like that but Peter doesn't. If I know someone for years and suddenly they start talking in a way they've never done before, I'm gonna wonder if something is up with them.
    You'll think they're acting strange. That doesn't automatically translate to anything diabolical.

-Theophilus

You'll think they're acting strange. That doesn't automatically translate to anything diabolical.
    Yea, I'll think they're acting strange, not write it off as nothing like Peter's supporting cast are, especially considering they know him. For people who know the guy, they really don't seem to know him very well.

Yea, I'll think they're acting strange, not write it off as nothing like Peter's supporting cast are, especially considering they know him. For people who know the guy, they really don't seem to know him very well.
    But they haven't written it off as nothing. In every issue, the change in behavior has been noted, commented on, even acted on. But some readers don't understand that characters in a book don't share the same omnipotent viewpoint on the story as they do. There are psychological explanations behind Peter's recent behavior that seem more readily plausible than "he must've been mind-swapped with Doc Ock!" Even in the Marvel Universe, it's natural to look to more feasible explanations first, like Peter's coping with letting Silver Sable die, rather than taking a completely fantastical and unfounded leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    But they haven't written it off as nothing. In every issue, the change in behavior has been noted, commented on, even acted on. But some readers don't understand that characters in a book don't share the same omnipotent viewpoint on the story as they do. There are psychological explanations behind Peter's recent behavior that seem more readily plausible than "he must've been mind-swapped with Doc Ock!" Even in the Marvel Universe, it's natural to look to more feasible explanations first, like Peter's coping with letting Silver Sable die, rather than taking a completely fantastical and unfounded leap.
    Only deadpool will notice! He has basically the same viewpoint we do and he breaks the fourth wall all time time! Plus he knew about the One More Day story I don't see why he wouldn't see or hear one of Spock's thought squares and call him out on it! Oh course Spock will write him off as a lunatic and of course it won't alter the superior storyline at all! It will just be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe the Aunt May memories will end up taking over the role of SpOck's conscience.

"Now SpOck, make sure and eat your wheatcakes, today."
    "SpOck! You should be ashamed of yourself for beating that nice man within an inch of his life!"
    "Oh SpOck, where are you in the hour I need you most desperately? While I sit here on this hospital bed?"
    "SpOck, could you shake your lovely butt at me one more time? Woohoo, thats it deary."
    That's pretty funny XD
    Hello! Welcome to me! -- Homestar Runner
    :D

People complain they want new original storylines, the complain when the get them. I think the story is good right now. We all know Spider-man will always be Peter, so just sit back and enjoy the ride with something different for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    People complain they want new original storylines, the complain when the get them. I think the story is good right now. We all know Spider-man will always be Peter, so just sit back and enjoy the ride with something different for a while!
    I said it before about changes made in the UU I'll say it again about this; different doesn't always mean good.