Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drokki View Post
    She's been sidelined, cast aside, turned into a tv producer, a woman who was more interested in sending sms to her boyfriend than to support Clark's crusade for journalism, (luckily that seems to have changed after superman #18)

Lee said she won't be getting an anniversary cover for the 75 years of HER and Superman's creation. Lex Luthor? yes, but the character created alongside Superman, nope, not her. Even @dccomics failed to acknowledge that it was her anniversary too, they're trying so hard to cast her aside that fans, former dc writers, actresses like Dana Delany, Teri Hatcher, Durance and creators started tweeting #LoisLane75yrs last week to bring awareness to this and to celebrate her, it became a trending topic.

So yeah, the feeling that Lois Lane has been shoved to the side so that DC Can shove the new "power couple" down out throats isn't just in our heads.
    This is the reality. So until I see it in print I ain't trusting anyone's words about Lois Lane.

It is amusing though, that it's one way in the books but the opposite in the the new game, the new animated movie and (from what I can ascertain) the live-action one...

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    It is amusing though, that it's one way in the books but the opposite in the the new game, the new animated movie and (from what I can ascertain) the live-action one...
    Yeah, there's the iconic status, and then there's what's going on now in the comics.

Frankly, Clark belongs with Lois, and I have no doubt that the New 52 version will eventually reach that goal, but being monthly comics, they have all the time in the world to get there.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 04-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Yeah, there's the iconic status, and then there's what's going on now in the comics.
    The animated movies since 2007 have been almost strictly post-Crisis in their interpretation of Superman and Lois' relationship. Granted, those movies have been based on some sort of post-Crisis storyline, but if I had to guess, I'd guess that the MoS movie will be looking more at a pre-Crisis (or at least pre-1990) take on superman/Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post

Frankly, Clark belongs with Lois, and I have no doubt that the New 52 version will eventually reach that goal, but being monthly comics, they have all the time in the world to get there.
    I think its harder to move away from what the general public knows of Superman for anything that could be bought by the mainstream audience. DC can do more change ups in its comics because only a core group of people are going to be purchasing their comics. But when it comes to movies or video games even that reaches out to so many more people that have a particular image of who Superman is and who Lois Lane is in regard to him. It's harder for DC to change that.

Now they did change it up with Superman Unbound because in the comics that its based on he's married to Lois but in that I believe they're dating, but most of the world knows Lois Lane as Superman's Girlfriend.

I'm looking forward to all the new bits of Superman in Man of Steel and Unbound and can't wait to see how Lois is portrayed in both of them. I'm also hopeful to see that Lois just has page time in Unchained because she's one of my favorite characters and any chance I can get to read about her is a good one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Despite how off the mark this statement is (Wonder Woman had nothing to do with Lois's lack of use early on; Superman and Wonder Woman didn't begin to date till 12 issues into the New 52 with her then accounting for one cameo appearance in Action and Superman combined in that period), according to Snyder yeah she's supposed to play a pretty big role in his story.
    Quoted for truth again.

And yes, Snyder did say she'll play a significant part in the story. He also said he wanted to do something "different" I'm looking forward to seeing just what that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jllonchas View Post
    Now they did change it up with Superman Unbound because in the comics that its based on he's married to Lois but in that I believe they're dating, but most of the world knows Lois Lane as Superman's Girlfriend.

I'm looking forward to all the new bits of Superman in Man of Steel and Unbound and can't wait to see how Lois is portrayed in both of them.
    I think you'll enjoy Lois in Unbound.

I think you'll enjoy Lois in Unbound.
    From all the clips I've seen I am very hopeful that I will be!