View Poll Results: */5

Voters
113. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • 5/5

27 23.89%
  • 4/5

18 15.93%
  • 3/5

13 11.50%
  • 2/5

14 12.39%
  • 1/5

41 36.28%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Father_Jerusalem View Post
    Yeah, it'd be horrid if instead of this pile of dog feces, we actually got a quality book that explored the issues surrounding mutants trying to integrate with the larger world of heroes, while still maintaining their own individual identities.
    to handle those issues they would need a writer who has some tiny grasp of the real world equivalents of those issues, Asking for that with RR writing is futile
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I didn'tlike that apocalypse and ramantud were allies, before being apocalypse Ensaba nur was his slave, he is resposable for the dead of his clan and he already learned everything he need from him, why form an alliance?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I didn'tlike that apocalypse and ramantud were allies, before being apocalypse Ensaba nur was his slave, he is resposable for the dead of his clan and he already learned everything he need from him, why form an alliance?
    Theme.

It's all about integration and to properly integrate you must reconcile with your enemies. If Apocalypse (Slave -> black -> mutant) can get in bed with Kang (Slaver -> white -> human) for the greater good, then why can't the Uncanny Avengers get along? But it's complicated by the fact that obviously KangPocalypse is a terrible alliance. So are all transgressive alliances doomed to failure? That's the major theme of the book.

Eimin and Uriel embody this theme in the transgressive nature of their incest. For them, it's part of the greater good (building a mutant dynasty) but are we prepared to admit such transgressors into normal (human) society? If so, how? By normalizing it? By neutering it? The "m-word." Eimin and Uriel's relationship is paralleled by Wanda and Simon's incest-themed relationship. Is it okay if the villains do it but the good guys don't? Was it okay when Scarlet Witch was in the Brotherhood but not once she got to the Avengers? Would a hug solve the Apocalypse problem? For that, we'll have to see what Remender/Aaron do with Genesis. But seriously, these twins are upset over being inherently rejected (as mutants, incestists, bastards) and its apparent in their mommy issues. Eimin probably went back in time with Kang to nurse Uriel, but nobody nursed her. She will end up the QUEEN. #bowdownbitches

Scarlet Witch is the only one who can save Eimin. Uriel is already damned.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father_Jerusalem View Post
    Yeah, it'd be horrid if instead of this pile of dog feces, we actually got a quality book that explored the issues surrounding mutants trying to integrate with the larger world of heroes, while still maintaining their own individual identities.

I'm sure glad that we have this, the McDonald's of comic books. Mmm mmm cardboardy.
    I'd like to know what you delineate as sophisticated reading, in order to better contrast it with my own woeful inclination towards 'fast-food literature'. Do teach us, oh won't you please?
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The 90's were shit, and trading on nostalgia is something only a hack does, so it's unsurprising it's happening here.
    Oh please, name a single writer in comics who doesn't trade on nostalgia. That's part of the game, and also part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    I seriously can't remember openly hating a book as much as I do this wretched endeavor of a title.
    Either you're prone to severe over-exaggeration or you've never read Austen's X-Men, Bendis' Avengers, Fraction's X-Men, The Crossing, or One More Day. All of those were far, far, far worse than UA could ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    why are these votes not public? is there a mod that can fix this. i want to know who is voting 5/5.
    Why do you care? Seriously, what's it matter? Do you want to track down everyone who voted 5/5 and drown them in hobo piss?

I haven't voted yet and even though I'd probably rate this a 3, I'm tempted to vote 5 just because of how crazy it makes you. Seriously, so much unjustified butthurt. It's hardly a great book, far from it, but it's nothing like the trolls are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Pressman View Post
    Off-topic, but the original one from AOA had the flaming skull in a tin can appearance because of injuries inflicted on him by Sunfire, yeah? So why did Genocide get dumped directly into the suit as soon as his x-gene flared up? Their powers aren't even the same, and they should be. (Holocaust is an energy vampire, Genocide is a nuke.)
    It's been awhile since I read the issues when Genocide first appeared, but is he definitively the 616 Holocaust/Nemesis, or is his appearance simply meant as a nod to that character?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    In no means is this a classic or seminal run. It's got flaws right on its face, but I find it entertaining and won't blacklist it like many readers because of what happened in #5
    Same here. And as I said above, the butthurt trolling actually makes it more enjoyable. Instead of dropping it, I still check it out just because it gets the trolls all twitchy. Their crusade against the book has actually encouraged me to continue checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this book is openly hostile towards all things x-men. it's not even subtle and yet some x-fans are lapping it up. very embarrassing. expect the hostility to be more blatant after that whole online tragedy a few weeks ago.
    I reiterate: Austen's X-Men. Far more hostile towards all things X-Men and the sniping between the characters during that run makes the Uncanny Avengers look like best buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Barring that i gve it five to ten years before the franchise is resting in peace with the cashcow mutants safely under the avengers umbrella.
    Oh please, like this whole Avengers/X-Men combo is going to stick. These things go in phases. I bet after X-Men: Days of Future Past comes out, we're going to see another paradigm shift to split the X-Men and the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Sunfire was (circa Giant Size) and Logan's served as an X-Man longer than anyone else. I think Storm's in 2nd, then Cyclops.

Logan barely does anything in the Avenger books anyway, even this one. He's significantly more central/active in Astonishing and WAX than any Avenger book.
    IIRC, Sunfire was never officially made an X-Man. He joined in on the Krakoa mission, but he resigned from the team before being granted official membership. Which is a pity, because I've always wanted Sunfire to join the X-Men for more than just an issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    No, he was a class act when dealing with a reasonable criticism, unlike Mr Remender.
    Oh come on. I'm so sick of butthurt trolls who will spew some of the most hateful, venomous bullshit I've ever seen, and then act like sensitive little kids whenever someone strikes back. Remender's response to the trolls was far from appropriate, but let's not pretend that the people who were screaming that he was a racist were being reasonable.