Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,096 to 1,109 of 1109

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    You somehow managed to forgot how Thor burried his enchanted axe in Apocalypse.
    I missed that.
    I was actually wondering who that was Kang pulled the axe out of.
    Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to say, I'm quickly growing tired of Rogue's attitude, and I hope they brought Jan back for more than just her "fashion sense."
    They brought her back to make Alex squirm.

"You killed a man on live television. You're off the hook, but we're going to have to relegate you to a desk job for a while".

Oh comics! =D

Looking forward to when Rogue isn't a total useless heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    But he can be easily turned into a cool toy: Imagine an esqueleton into a transparent plastic suit, and a button that makes it shine with an orange light and say "I'm genocide! Pew-pew!"
    There was a toy of him in the "Age of Apocalypse" line of ToyBiz X-Men action figures. However, they weren't allowed to call him Genocide because the name was considered inappropriate for a kids' toy. So, he was named Dark Nemesis instead.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15
    I missed that.
    I was actually wondering who that was Kang pulled the axe out of.
    Oops!
    Actually, that was Baron Mordo. He was an old Dr. Strange villian. He also appeared a couple of times on the old Spider-Man cartoon series of the '90s.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasondro Alegré as The Chief View Post
    We just had a wielder of the Apocalypse force almost singlehandedly take on and contain a multiversal level threat in the Exterminators X-Termination, one of which drained a Celestial; perhaps there's more to the Apocalypse hosts than we realize and so the axe's lack of effect on Nur. Either that or the fact that Nur isn't just energy contained in the suit like a Celestial's form inside its' living armor.
    I find it ridiculous how they are trying to make Apocalypse into a Phoenix-level power. It doesn't make sense how sometimes Wolverine or Psylocke can hold their own against Archangelypse and later Jeancalypse can beat around Celestial-level cosmic threats.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasondro Alegré as The Chief View Post
    We just had a wielder of the Apocalypse force almost singlehandedly take on and contain a multiversal level threat in the Exterminators X-Termination, one of which drained a Celestial; perhaps there's more to the Apocalypse hosts than we realize and so the axe's lack of effect on Nur. Either that or the fact that Nur isn't just energy contained in the suit like a Celestial's form inside its' living armor.
    Is it really called 'the apocalypse force'? Wooo, I hope not. I'm sick of everything being a 'force' these days. 'Phoenix force, Life force, the Omega Force, The force." I get it, already! 'Ascended' sounds so much cooler.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

That's something I didn't expect, with Wasp coming on to a Summers brother (unlike how Wasp and Scott are a couple in AU). Remender needed to equalize the heavily X weighted book towards the Avengers, and did that by using Thor in this issue, backing Rogue against his Avengers team mates opposition. But using romance and humor, in Havok telling Janet that Havok wants to remain faithful to Thor, while Janet insists they have a romance to make hay while the sun shines. The problems of mutant/Avenger affinity in this book are still very near the quick, in that the tension involved is almost at the breaking point. Who knew that this was going to be a confrontational team book that it's turned out to be?

But then suddenly, there is a crisis and Thor is missing, and the problem of Rogues inclusion in the team is secondary as a Celestial body approaches Brazil after smashing the SWORD headquarters. Now it seems tension in the team is pushed aside as Thors failures come back to haunt him, from UC #6.

This book flips back from Kang, to the Apocalypse twins, the Avengers, to Wanda/Wonderman, to Havok/Wasp, and then finally to Thor/Apocalypse Twins, and never seems to have the right pace for each sequence, as if it's being rushed, because the circumstances are rushed concerning the future bearing down on the book.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Actually, that was Baron Mordo. He was an old Dr. Strange villian. He also appeared a couple of times on the old Spider-Man cartoon series of the '90s.
    I'm gonna have to back to check at some point. LOL

Is anyone else sad Sunfire died?! I read through a bunch of pages and not one mention. He was only in the title for like...one issue haha...oh man i really like that character...i hope he comes back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    Is anyone else sad Sunfire died?! I read through a bunch of pages and not one mention. He was only in the title for like...one issue haha...oh man i really like that character...i hope he comes back soon.
    not sure if this a joke but he's still alive.

wait really? But he was on the ship in orbit when it exploded...Keep in mind I dont read solicits.

wait really? But he was on the ship in orbit when it exploded...Keep in mind I dont read solicits.
    He's on the cover of the next issue, so I'm assuming he's alive.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That's something I didn't expect, with Wasp coming on to a Summers brother (unlike how Wasp and Scott are a couple in AU). Remender needed to equalize the heavily X weighted book towards the Avengers, and did that by using Thor in this issue, backing Rogue against his Avengers team mates opposition. But using romance and humor, in Havok telling Janet that Havok wants to remain faithful to Thor, while Janet insists they have a romance to make hay while the sun shines. The problems of mutant/Avenger affinity in this book are still very near the quick, in that the tension involved is almost at the breaking point. Who knew that this was going to be a confrontational team book that it's turned out to be?

But then suddenly, there is a crisis and Thor is missing, and the problem of Rogues inclusion in the team is secondary as a Celestial body approaches Brazil after smashing the SWORD headquarters. Now it seems tension in the team is pushed aside as Thors failures come back to haunt him, from UC #6.

This book flips back from Kang, to the Apocalypse twins, the Avengers, to Wanda/Wonderman, to Havok/Wasp, and then finally to Thor/Apocalypse Twins, and never seems to have the right pace for each sequence, as if it's being rushed, because the circumstances are rushed concerning the future bearing down on the book.
    I'm actually digging the pace of the book. Compared with Hickman's Avengers, it's moving at lightspeed. We're seeing action, reaction and consequence from one issue to the next. It also helps that Acuna can keep up with some type of schedule as well.

Junior Member Alasondro Alegré as The Chief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I find it ridiculous how they are trying to make Apocalypse into a Phoenix-level power. It doesn't make sense how sometimes Wolverine or Psylocke can hold their own against Archangelypse and later Jeancalypse can beat around Celestial-level cosmic threats.
    To be fair Apocangel only had trouble being stabbed (which does go against the whole impervious Celestial armor thing in the latest Uncanny arc), but he one shot "destroyed" The Shadow King when he invaded Angel's mind and released Dark Angel from his imprisonment in it, took out AOA Jean Grey who was using the Phoenix Force against him quite easily (was not effected by her Phoenix Force attack and then took her down in one shot), and was the only being capable of withstanding Genocide's unleashed energy and putting his helmet back on, plus his win over Genesis (however young and inexperienced he was), and he also took the full unleashed power of Psylocke's mental blast after she was turned into an omega level psi. It seemed he was far more capable against psionic, energy, and metaphysical based attacks than melee attacks.
    I'm guessing the potency of the Apocalypse force/power depends upon who was using it and of course the plot devices, as Nur varied wildly from cosmic level threat to a normal team level threat, AOA Nur killed a Celestial but was himself "killed" by an attack far less powerful, and Weapon Omega brushed off the Phoenix Force and Scarlet Witch, but Jeanpocalypse took on a multiversal threat. Maybe it has to do with the old Askani'Son and 12 Saga plot device of how much power the host body can handle and Jean was made to contain such power?
    I'd just be disappointed if Nur was brushed aside for this whole Apocalypse force deal, even though it allows for more plots like the whole Raganrok saga currently going.

On another Uncanny Avengers note, it's odd that in a book with two of my favorites that have also lead multiple teams like Captain America and Havok, that there isn't a sort of gruff leader chemistry. Heck I'm pretty sure every member of the Uncnany Avengers has lead a team at some point, a few have lead multiple teams or a single team for a long period of time, but aside from some Scarlet Witch maneuvering I'm not seeing that dynamic of these characters challenging one another or Havok and Cap more for some control over the team. I mean Wonderman turned into ionic Jesus without the apostles, but Rogue was a leader just a short time ago, and though always a team player The Wasp has to have some of those instincts. Sunfire was also leader of Big Hero 6, and he's always been outspoken, so it'll be interesting to see the dynamic he brings aside from his knowledge of Apocalypse.

I also don't read them, but this is comics. I assume no one's dead until we see characters reacting to the body.

Plus Sunfire just joined the team after this whole alcoholism thing was introduced, there's no way he'd just die without any kind of storyline.