Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Once we've beaten this issue to death, we'll return to beating later runs on Animal Man.

Or, we could combine them into a new, aggressive Early Vertigo: WTF? Roger Stern never got this artsy on us! thread.
    Hey, I really like most Roger Stern comics! (For what they are...)

If I were to boil Vertigo's early failures down to a soundbite, I'd say the problem was "Hey, we have creators with something to say!" without making sure that they could actually say it. Pollack's in that crew, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Hey, I really like most Roger Stern comics! (For what they are...)
    I like some Roger Stern comics, too. Just using him for contrast, not a value judgment.

I've read the entire volume and found it pretty enjoyable. It's the right amount of fun and weird. Tom Veitch's starts with issue #33 and ends with issue #50. If you like the beginning of it I recommend reading the rest. Jamie Delano's run (issues #51 - #79) is also good. Jerry Prosser finishes out the series and writes a pretty satisfying ending.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison