Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Feige Confirms Daredevil Rights Back At Marvel Studios

Kevin Feige has confirmed speculative reports in 2012 that the film rights for Daredevil have reverted back to Marvel Studios, following the passing of a production deadline last October.

Full article here.

Very good news!

The Daredevil movie was average upon first viewing and severely flawed if you dared for a second go around. It was better than Fantastic Four but that's not saying much. A director/write not competent to do the job, a woefully miscast Jennifer Garner, a costume that actually wasn't that bad and an overall talented cast completely wasted on a script that wasn't even worthy of a tv pilot.

While on the one hand I want X-Men Days of Future Past to be great I also kind of want it to fail so 20th Century Fox abandons future development and Marvel can do the X-men right!!

IMHO Daredevil makes a better TV Series than a live action film. If the SHIELD tv show turns out well then I hope Daredevil makes a comeback but as a tv show.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post

While on the one hand I want X-Men Days of Future Past to be great I also kind of want it to fail so 20th Century Fox abandons future development and Marvel can do the X-men right!!
    IDK about that. With Singer back onboard and the fact that First Class ended up being surprisingly good I hope that means things are in the right direction for the X-Men Franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    IDK about that. With Singer back onboard and the fact that First Class ended up being surprisingly good I hope that means things are in the right direction for the X-Men Franchise
    Singer back onboard is whats going to make this movie fail. The man who gave us 2 meh Wolverine and the X-Men movies and a Superman movie were nothing happens.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I'm torn, as far as X-Men speculation goes. On the one hand, whenever Singer is involved, the movies turn out well. On the other, I really really really would love to see the X-Men involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which would also probably improve the company's treatment of the comics.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Singer back onboard is whats going to make this movie fail. The man who gave us 2 meh Wolverine and the X-Men movies and a Superman movie were nothing happens.
    Whatever. I'd rather look on the positive and from what I've heard about Days of Future Past is that it sounds a hell of alot better than the 3rd movie

Since Marvel has the rights back. Daredevil would make an excellent tv series, but also open more of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since we are getting the cosmic side with Guardians of the Galaxy and the possibly the Magic side with Dr. Strange, a Marvel Knights line would be awesome with Daredevil, The Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade. Black Widow could make the connection to Marvel Cinematic Universe with Black Widow appearing since she has a history with Daredevil. There are lots of possibilities to consider since DD has also been a Secret Avenger as well. I would rather NOT DD be an Avenger, but I could see them connecting the dots per se. But I like Newsramas ideas with the Man without Fear and also Born Again would be good as well.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ibilities.html
    Last edited by Bo-Man; 04-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I think a Born Again movie could be DDs Dark Knight. I would so love to see Born Again adapted as the next DD flick.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    IMHO Daredevil makes a better TV Series than a live action film. If the SHIELD tv show turns out well then I hope Daredevil makes a comeback but as a tv show.
    I'm seeing Matt Murdock as a possible recurring character on the SHIELD show.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I hope they try to do a few "backdoor" pilots to other Marvel series during the run of Agent's of Shield. Let some of the characters (not the main Avengers heroes) make appearances in AoS and if those episodes do well, launch a series around those heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I hope they try to do a few "backdoor" pilots to other Marvel series during the run of Agent's of Shield. Let some of the characters (not the main Avengers heroes) make appearances in AoS and if those episodes do well, launch a series around those heroes.
    It would be a great way to introduce Moon Knight. They could feature Marc Spector as a mercenary, possibly someone that they're trying to catch.
    Then, they could have a scene where Spector is left for dead in Egypt before finally finding the Temple of Khonshu and taking on the persona of Moon Knight.
    They could then learn of a mysterious vigilante and recruit him to their cause thus paving the way for recurring guest appearances and, if popular, a spin-off show.
    They could also take the same approach with The Punisher or even Heroes For Hire.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

They could also introduce Shang-Chi into the show. I'd definitely watch that.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Be nice if that meant they had Elektra back as well.
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

Even with all the great films that will be released this year, the best movie news I can get this year is that Wolverine 2 is a complete flop and Fox gets cold feet on rebooting Fantastic Four.