Page 12 of 313 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    And why was For Tomorrow "craptastic"? It's better than any story featuring a SMWW romance for sure. It's interlectual, nuanced and character driven and a far supieror effect than weak sauce like "Distant Fires" and "Kingdom Come".
    I don't believe in sacred cows, but... really?

And, for the record, I also like For Tomorrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Goes to show you that Jim Lee and Kenneth Rocafort are both overrated artists. You're implying that Lois is a WW ripoff when it's the opposite. Lois Lane came first.

And why was For Tomorrow "craptastic"? It's better than any story featuring a SMWW romance for sure. It's interlectual, nuanced and character driven and a far supieror effect than weak sauce like "Distant Fires" and "Kingdom Come"
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    It was done longer than 20 years ago for another couple, including a foot pop (Superman Family #206).

It is one example of many such as: this and this. That doesn't diminish the beauty of the Superman and Wonder Woman art, however.
    Quite. It's an old trope, favoured by Hollywood decades before Superman - after all in a silent film it was one of the easiest ways for an actress to demonstrate she was being swept off her feet.

For any one 'comic couple' fan to claim that a woman popping a foot is special to a specific pairing would be ridiculous!

Indeed as I remember Bob Hope subverted the Trope frequently in his comedic roles.

This is why I really appreciate this piece

It's the double foot pop, in the air!

It works on many levels, of course both persons are self supporting, that makes the double pop possible - well at least without effort.

Moreover it removes any doubt that the woman ( or Bob hope ) is acting submissively - or at least is the more excited by the kiss, because Clark is so moved by the experience he is foot popping too.

[IMG]http://*****************/oc626p19y/race_U.jpg[/IMG]

This is a game they would never be able to play with any mortal.
    Last edited by Godstaff; 04-29-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rude.cherub View Post
    Quite. It's an old trope, favoured by Hollywood decades before Superman - after all in a silent film it was one of the easiest ways for an actress to demonstrate she was being swept off her feet.

For any one 'comic couple' fan to claim that a woman popping a foot is special to a specific pairing would be ridiculous!

Indeed as I remember Bob Hope subverted the Trope frequently in his comedic roles.

This is why I really appreciate this piece

It's the double foot pop, in the air!

It works on many levels, of course both persons are self supporting, that makes the double pop possible - well at least without effort.

Moreover it removes any doubt that the woman ( or Bob hope ) is acting submissively - or at least is the more excited by the kiss, because Clark is so moved by the experience he is foot popping too.
    I always kinda thought in some images and fan art of him holding Lois..how is it her arm hasn't broken off yet by the elbows. It's as if folks don't realize the lady can't actually hover on her own. Made me laugh when Sheldon Cooper argued if Superman catches Lois he should cut her in three with his arms of steel. Just funny stuff comic readers do naturally wonder about, just like the sex etc. If you read long term you gonna think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godstaff View Post
    [IMG]http://*****************/oc626p19y/race_U.jpg[/IMG]

This is a game they would never be able to play with any mortal.
    I'd love to see stuff like this in their relationship. I'd love to see Clark cut loose and be more playful and competitive with her now that he can. I wish we can see some fun sparring too. I can see her giving him no quarter. Obvious things to make people bond.

http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

Quote Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
    I always kinda thought in some images and fan art of him holding Lois..how is it her arm hasn't broken off yet by the elbows. It's as if folks don't realize the lady can't actually hover on her own. Made me laugh when Sheldon Cooper argued if Superman catches Lois he should cut her in three with his arms of steel. Just funny stuff comic readers do naturally wonder about, just like the sex etc. If you read long term you gonna think about it.
    I generally cite the Grand Unified theory of Superman's powers

But Post Crisis when Superman had that silly raggedy cape carrying Lois would have limited his range of movement, since it was just a piece of red cloth, which would be minimal insulation and protection from wind chill / altitude and speed, bearing in mind his 'bio force field' didn't extend beyond material that was skin tight.

Now the real Superman is back with Kryptonian duds once more his indestructible cape makes that less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rude.cherub View Post
    It's an old trope, favoured by Hollywood decades before Superman
    True, but I don't believe it's uniqueness as a trope was in question; rather, what was at issue was which couple was first to be depicted that way in comics.

Or they're just floating. There's that possibility, too. I don't think a solo foot pop by itself indicates anything about submissiveness. The final scene in the Smallville episode entitled "Idol" includes a foot pop that is anything but submissive.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    True, but I don't believe it's uniqueness as a trope was in question; rather, what was at issue was which couple was first to be depicted that way in comics.

Or they're just floating. There's that possibility, too. I don't think a solo foot pop by itself indicates anything about submissiveness. The final scene in the Smallville episode entitled "Idol" includes a foot pop that is anything but submissive.
    In any case, is logical that Lois was the first "foot popping" for Superman: before the last reboot they were a stable couple for the last twenty years and change. Diana and Clark are too recently an item to be the first at anything. But I did some digging and, even though he was flying and holding Lois in the air in many, many images, the scene over Kansas with Wondy is his first clear "foot popping". Maybe, just maybe, as they both can fly, he could relax from holding his partner from falling to the ground or crushing her ribs if he holds her too tight, and really enjoy the kiss for once.
    Thanks for your input and your interest in our couple, and happy 75th.

But it seems not Diana, nor Lois were the first invited to take a ride at the "Super liner"

Quote Originally Posted by Godstaff View Post
    In any case, is logical that Lois was the first "foot popping" for Superman: before the last reboot they were a stable couple for the last twenty years and change. Diana and Clark are too recently an item to be the first at anything. But I did some digging and, even though he was flying and holding Lois in the air in many, many images, the scene over Kansas with Wondy is his first clear "foot popping". Maybe, just maybe, as they both can fly, he could relax from holding his partner from falling to the ground or crushing her ribs if he holds her too tight, and really enjoy the kiss for once.
    Thanks for your input and your interest in our couple, and happy 75th.
    It is both logical and the truth (one of the examples I provided was from Pre-Crisis, though, so it wasn't just the last 20 years). Foot popping is always cute, and I love that Superman is such a romantic character. I only brought it up because the question of firsts came up. Despite your digging, I have seen art of Superman foot popping prior to the New 52. It doesn't matter, though. I don't want to bring that stuff into your thread, which is for you guys to celebrate your couple.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Thank you.
    I'll dig deeper, not to prove you wrong (no point, really. I'm sure your statements are documented enough), but because I'm genuinely curious now

Default Escape from Apokolips

Clark is trying to save her from Darkseid and Diana is saving him from his own wrath.

Default Justice League 17

I wanna hold your hand.

Wonder Woman Pencils by Marcio Abreu.
    Colors and background by Meejay7