Page 183 of 350 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5238
  1. #2731
    Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    10,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Okay, based on my completely unreliable projections, this game will probably last one more month to maybe a month and half. Depends on what happens. But I'm blowing through this faster than I initially anticipated, as I'm just no good at filler and I realized a lot my "exploration" stuff I was initially planning turned out to be needless busy work. Fortunately, you guys seem to have side stuff handled for yourselves well enough already. But just saying, this is probably gunna be an even shorter one than anticipated.

    Aw....

    I'm really enjoying the game. Be awesome if you could, IDK come up with more levels or something :)

    Now this is totally not meant as criticism here, just mentioning it in the hope of the game running for a little longer, but could we maybe slow the pacing a little? Like have breaks between stages of boss fights (maybe a day or two in real time), and maybe a bit of free time for character stuff after missions.

    I mean, totally up to you, it's just to me at least, it's okay to have nobody post, or just a few posts a day sometimes in an RP.

  2. #2732
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Aw....

    I'm really enjoying the game. Be awesome if you could, IDK come up with more levels or something :)

    Now this is totally not meant as criticism here, just in the hope of the game running for a little longer, could we maybe slow the pacing a little? Like have breaks between stages of boss fights (maybe a day or two in real time), and maybe a bit of free time for character stuff after missions.

    I mean, totally up to you, it's just IMHO it's okay to have nobody post, or just a few posts a day sometimes.
    Yeah, no, I know, I didn't mean to even do the boss fight yesterday, but some people kept posting, and I'm one those guys who has to run with the moment, or I lose all momentum and enthusiasm and forget where I was going.

    I will, however, try to slow it down for real this time.

    Failing that, I'm going to start throwing more than one big bad guy into the scene so multiple people can fight at each their own pace.

    Sorry about all that.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  3. #2733
    Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    10,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yeah, no, I know, I didn't mean to even do the boss fight yesterday, but some people kept posting, and I'm one those guys who has to run with the moment, or I lose all momentum and enthusiasm and forget where I was going.

    I will, however, try to slow it down for real this time.

    Failing that, I'm going to start throwing more than one big bad guy into the scene so multiple people can fight at each their own pace.

    Sorry about all that.
    Hey, totally not a problem :)

    I'm just hoping to get more game ;)

  4. #2734
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,643

    Default

    Oh, say, Sharker, what of my previous query?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Incidentally, Wisteria claims to have released Djinnoan magic into the world twice. The second time basically caused the surge of magic that made the governments nervous, but before the first time weren't there any metahumans/artificers in the world (fifty five years ago)? I was under the impression that metahumans and arificers have existed for nearly as long as shifters.
    So are metahumans/artificers actually a recent thing? I thought they were "resurfacing in large numbers", but the statement from Wisteria seems to make it appear as though they never existed at all before. That is, the only magical people were Djinnoa.

  5. #2735
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Oh, say, Sharker, what of my previous query?
    Shit, I'm getting really bad at missing posts this week.


    So are metahumans/artificers actually a recent thing? I thought they were "resurfacing in large numbers", but the statement from Wisteria seems to make it appear as though they never existed at all before.
    Well, they didn't prior to the War of Darkness, aside from maybe the occasional experiment. It was originally just the Djinnoa who hoarded all the magic power, thus keeping humans under their thumb. When the War happened, the Djinnoa ended up giving in and empowering thousands of loyal humans with the Metahuman powers, just as Temael imbued thousands of loyal humans with the Shifter powers.

    After the War of Darkness sucked out virtually all magic from the world, the Djinnoa were all gone from Civero, and the Metas and Shifters lost all their powers. Once in a great while, there might be the occasional active spark, somebody might be born who could breath fire or fly or breathe underwater, some Demihumans might be born with the ability to go from a human with wolf like features to a mere even wolf/human hybrid form. But this was so rare it was almost not worth mentioning.

    So the sudden emergence in two or so generations of relatively wide spread magic use with a variety of powers, is sort of a resurfacing of the two races descended from humanity since the Dark War.

    Incidentally, all modern humans of Civero have Metahuman potential inside them, just as all Demihumans have Shifter potential inside them, so Wisteria is technically the only actual "pure blooded" human on the planet, albeit an immortal one.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  6. #2736
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well, they didn't prior to the War of Darkness, aside from maybe the occasional experiment. It was originally just the Djinnoa who hoarded all the magic power, thus keeping humans under their thumb. When the War happened, the Djinnoa ended up giving in and empowering thousands of loyal humans with the Metahuman powers, just as Temael imbued thousands of loyal humans with the Shifter powers.

    After the War of Darkness sucked out virtually all magic from the world, the Djinnoa were all gone from Civero, and the Metas and Shifters lost all their powers. Once in a great while, there might be the occasional active spark, somebody might be born who could breath fire or fly or breathe underwater, some Demihumans might be born with the ability to go from a human with wolf like features to a mere even wolf/human hybrid form. But this was so rare it was almost not worth mentioning.

    So the sudden emergence in two or so generations of relatively wide spread magic use with a variety of powers, is sort of a resurfacing of the two races descended from humanity since the Dark War.

    Incidentally, all modern humans of Civero have Metahuman potential inside them, just as all Demihumans have Shifter potential inside them, so Wisteria is technically the only actual "pure blooded" human on the planet, albeit an immortal one.
    Huh, interesting. That explains Khal Morte's comment.

    So basically, a theoretically possible reason Wisteria hasn't been able to get her powers back even when hundreds of people around the world gained powers was because she'd made herself too human? Granted, that's just speculation, on my part. :P

  7. #2737
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Huh, interesting. That explains Khal Morte's comment.

    So basically, a theoretically possible reason Wisteria hasn't been able to get her powers back even when hundreds of people around the world gained powers was because she'd made herself too human? Granted, that's just speculation, on my part. :P
    That is certainly possible.

    The very first humans to gain magic gained it because the Djinn thought it would be "interesting" to see what these strange, shaped creatures would do with it, so a handful fused themselves into humans to create the Djinnoa.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  8. #2738
    Winter Queen Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    38,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    That is certainly possible.

    The very first humans to gain magic gained it because the Djinn thought it would be "interesting" to see what these strange, shaped creatures would do with it, so a handful fused themselves into humans to create the Djinnoa.
    Roughly how many Djinnoa were there at their height? Less than 20? Less than a hundred? Less than a thousand? More than a thousand?
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

  9. #2739
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Roughly how many Djinnoa were there at their height? Less than 20? Less than a hundred? Less than a thousand? More than a thousand?
    Hard to say. A thousand sounds about reasonable for the highest number alive at one time. There were deaths and new births, of course, though very infrequent compared to humans.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  10. #2740
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Hmm. I just had three ideas for Season Two.

    Most of them involve Time Skips.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  11. #2741
    Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    10,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hmm. I just had three ideas for Season Two.

    Most of them involve Time Skips.
    Welp, obviously do all of them :)

    Also Season 2? Do you mean Chapter 2?

  12. #2742
    Winter Queen Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    38,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Welp, obviously do all of them :)

    Also Season 2? Do you mean Chapter 2?
    He's already planning out the sequel World of Civero: Revenge of Zane.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

  13. #2743
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Welp, obviously do all of them :)

    Also Season 2? Do you mean Chapter 2?
    We're already in Chapter 2.

    Maybe Book 2 would be more accurate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He's already planning out the sequel World of Civero: Revenge of Zane.
    Nah, Zane's too busy over in the SMW by that point.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  14. #2744
    Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    10,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    We're already in Chapter 2.

    Maybe Book 2 would be more accurate.
    So would we I don't know, carry over our characters if they y'know survive?

  15. #2745
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    So would we I don't know, carry over our characters if they y'know survive?
    Of course.

    And I could open up an entirely new spell/power list to advance through.

    Maybe.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •