Page 28 of 350 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    I like Wen better. The Djinnoa parent thing could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Agreed. I like Wen better.
    Yeah, compelling story, interesting direction...

I already feel bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    NAME Nikola "Niko" Bolt
    Template: Human Artificer
    Nationality: Atla
    Languages: Ashi, High Zoan
    Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/ROCK-ON-62254508
    Backstory:

Growing up in Atla means growing up with Demihumans, and constant interaction with them caused Niko to grow up to be pretty dang strong. Nevertheless he ended up having a lot of demihuman friends growing up, which is why he learned to speak High Zoan so well.

Niko was a fairly average child, until he heard the most melodious sound in the world, the sound of Rock and Roll! From then on Niko spent the rest of his life training to be the greatest rocker EVER!

The only problem was complete lack of music talent. No matter how long he practiced his music always sounded terrible, causing him to break his guitar in frustration, and going out to find a new one.

One day however he was in a guitar shop when he felt this wonderful sensation calling out to him. It was a strange guitar that ended in a sharp blade, Niko picked it up and tried it, and amazingly enough, he could seemingly play any tune, and song, anything he could imagine, at least on this guitar.

Niko named his artifact guitar Storm Caller and has been rocking out ever since.

Personality:

Niko likes to ROCK! He is also very excitable about most things, but especially anything that ROCKS! Having grown up in among demihumans, Nick doesn't really understand racism very well, can't we all just get along and ROCK OUT!? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo *pant pant* ....WHOOOOOOO

Niko has something of a sort attention span, and a habit of breaking things that anger or frustrate him, hence all the broken guitars. He always takes his anger out on objects however, and not people.

Unless he's fighting them of course. Than he obviously takes it out on them.

Niko has no need for weapons, melee or ranged. He already has a guitar, what more could he want?

Perks List:
    -Strength Boost
    -Strength Boost II
    -Will Boost
    Artifact: Storm Caller, Nick's mighty guitar
    -Taste the Power of Rock! Note rock is apparently made of electricity (Energy Blast)
    -Power Chord! A note so powerful it knocks one senseless (Shockwave)
    -Taste My Mighty AXE! Is also his guitar (Severing Strike)
    -Power Drain Even magic magic must bow before the power of rock (Mana Drain)
    -Rockgeneration Could not think of a better name (Regeneration)

ROCK ON!
    Yes.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Woaho threadonomics!

NAME: Paris of Swaeyris
    Template: Human
    Nationality: Bellamy
    Languages: Grannin
    Theme: The Misty Town
    Appearance: A thin, lanky man with olive skin who stands at five foot ten. He has a curved nose and a straight brow above bright green eyes, which contrasts with his skin. He has straight, white teeth that he cares for deeply and full lips that usually pout or form a large, douchey smile. He has large, outward ears and messy brown hair that, when grown out, hangs down in long curly locks.
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/nu...0/Nulixbod.jpg
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 144 lbs
    Backstory: Son of an Argonian Trader and a Curran colonial, Paris spent much of his early life in a forested county of Bellamy by the sea where his family did business in fur trading. His father, a former Academic in the Argonia, taught him to read and write, and gave him many books, making Paris educated despite never having a formal education. When Paris reached his teens his father had amassed a reasonable fortune from fur-trading and, wanting to see the world, Paris begged him for money, which he instantly blew on a ticket to Argonia's capital. Once he reached Argonia he discovered that he wasn't actually good at anything and was not in any way suitable for a job. To make money Paris soon stumbled his way into the underworld, where he was put as a labourer on a smuggler's train. The smuggler soon realized Paris was awful at his actual job but very good at handling people. Paris of Swaeyris was a good talker, and it had gotten him noticed.

He rose up in the ranks of the family until he was the number one diplomat for the leader, Crustard Corruptus. Soon Paris was given the job of a lifetime: to negotiate the surrender of the losing family in a gang war and handle the transfer of all their assets to Corruptus crime syndicate. Paris, being Paris, instantly ruined this opportunity, stole the transferred money, and fled to an island on Curran where he was immediately captured by local Authorities. Captured and waiting in a prison cell Paris was convinced it was, truly, the end of his being. With nothing left to lose Paris made a daring escape, jumping from a hole in his cell window into a fern and then stealing a ship. He managed to escape Curran and sail to Bellamy on his own.

In fear of the Corruptus crime family he once worked for and now the Curran law enforcement Paris worked alone across the continent as a con-man, making money and then losing it again over and over, never staying in the same place too long. After a particularly bad job he joined a small crew and sailed to Elyssia upon the invitation of an Elyssian crime boss who claimed to be able to protect him.

Paris worked as a negotiator for the Elyssian, until he conned him as well, and then a Hylanian boss, until he conned him as well, and then a Sarkovian boss, until he conned him as well, and then an Atlan boss, until he conned HER as well (sexist), and then another Argonian who he also conned. By his twenty-third birthday Paris had worked for half the underworld and despite his massive betrayal rate was still known as one of the best con-man's in the business. Of course, his constant prickish behavior had begun to catch up with him, as many of the crime bosses began to team up in an effort to capture him and the massive amounts of now lost money he had stolen from them. Scared and broke Paris decided he'd had enough of organized crime and decided to join Wisteria Trismegista under the claim of being an awesome rock expert named Stanuell Snerson Scumbag, with hopes of leaving the job with several valuable archeological objects in pocket...

Personality: Paris loves money and believes it brings complete happiness. He's also a professional liar and has a track record of betrayal. Typical exhibits behavioral characteristics of a coward. Tells bad jokes. Good at cartography.
    Perks List:
    - Reflex Boost
    - Agility Boost
    - Vitality Boost (2)
    - Will Boost
    - Profession: Master - Con-Artist
    Equipment:
    - A revolver.
    - Some sort of light armour.
    Last edited by Nulix; 05-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.

I don't think we can get second purchases of the Will perk.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yes. Extra perk.
    Okay, Bora now has Demihuman Boost II in exchange for not having a ranged weapon.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

The Defender of the Hobos Numbuh24Insane's Avatar

Amadeus Bartemeus

Template: DemiHuman

Nationality: None (Just goes where the sea takes him)

Languages: Grannin and a bit of Ashi

Appearance: http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...67058557426203

Backstory: He grew up on a frigate. Going from plae to place, but he loved the ocean most of all. One day, the frigate was raided by pirates they killed his father. The pirate captain took pity on Amedeaus and took him in. The captain treated him as his own. Eventualy, the captain died and everything went to poor Amadeus. Now Captain Bartemeus raided others but always spared lives. The Atla government hired him o aid in the war, Bellamy's ships outnumbered his own and it sank. The captain survived and gotten himself a new ship The Sea's Saber. Now, he does oddjobs for anyone who is willing to pay.

Personality: He is supernatural of the sea, and is a loud, strong leader.

Perks List:
    -Gills
    -Shell
    -Will Boost

(He uses a cutlass, and a flintlock pistol also the wooden leg will be explained if I decide to use him)
    Alfred the predators won't be coming to Gotham now that they know what lives in it. Batman in Batman vs Predator

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have two possible choices for characters

Devon Kurse

Wen Jin Hu

Which one do you like better?
    Like I said, having Wen insist on being the offspring of a Djinnoa, while fine if she believes that, is not something you want to have her do too publicly. Because that's downright crazy talk to the Civerons, who are at least as paranoid of the Djinnoa's return as they are of Temael. And with racism against Demihumans, it's a good way for her to get killed "just in case." So, it would be something she'd more likely share in confidence. In fact, that could be the reason for some of her past troubles, and maybe even why Porter has been chasing her down, because when she was younger, she didn't know the risks of claiming that.

(Also, it's not going to turn out to be true, in either case. Hope that doesn't hinder your plans for her.)

Otherwise, either works for me. Maybe include Wen just to increase the female presence.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-26-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Nulix, you only get one gun to start, even as a Human. You can get another later.

Otherwise, new characters seem fine.

Is the cap for Demihuman Boost, two?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Is the cap for Demihuman Boost, two?
    Yes. Cap for any boost is two, for now.

Yes. Cap for any boost is two, for now.
    Ok - say I want to make an extraordinarily strong Demi. Could I use Demi Boost II and then trade a Demi perk for a human perk and also pick up Strength Boost?

(or is that becoming too complex? )

Alright, given the number of players signed up, I'm gunna have to split the groups into two. I'll be adding two more NPCs as such, to be the guides for the second group.

If a lot of people drop, I'll recombine the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Ok - say I want to make an extraordinarily strong Demi. Could I use Demi Boost II and then trade a Demi perk for a human perk and also pick up Strength Boost?

(or is that becoming too complex? )
    No, you can't do that, since that's a Human Perk. Demi-Boost II is already pretty strong.

If you want stronger, you can increase your strength at level up with Wisteria's potions.

Oh, I should probably point out, Leveling Up won't be after every mission/encounter, but at the conclusion of each dungeon (or at key story points mid-dungeon).
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-26-2013 at 06:08 AM.

NPCS

ZANE
    Zane is an Archangel of Temael, the Dark God. Although a being of his power could not have entered Civero under normal circumstances, Zane allowed himself to be stripped of all his magic, transported to Civero, and has spent the past five years slowly siphoning energy from Temael's realm. During this time, he has reactivated sleeper cells of the Cult of Temael, which was thought to have been completely wiped out hundreds of years ago. Zane's ultimate goal is to complete the "deal" that humanity made with his God, to ensure that the planet of Civero is physically dragged into the universe that forms his Great and Wondrous Lord's body.

Zane's abilities are not yet charted. He is capable of a great many feats of power, but he is handicapped whilst in Civero as it currently is. He is also further inhibited by being able to only draw from a finite, though still vast, source of energy.

MEKTA-345
    Presently, Zane has forcibly acquired the services of Mekta-345, a Technosapient from the ancient Celunite Era. Mekta will follow Zane's commands without pause or question, and has a great deal of knowledge, stolen from Ziggaten-001.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 05-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Like I said, having Wen insist on being the offspring of a Djinnoa, while fine if she believes that, is not something you want to have her do too publicly. Because that's downright crazy talk to the Civerons, who are at least as paranoid of the Djinnoa's return as they are of Temael. And with racism against Demihumans, it's a good way for her to get killed "just in case." So, it would be something she'd more likely share in confidence. In fact, that could be the reason for some of her past troubles, and maybe even why Porter has been chasing her down, because when she was younger, she didn't know the risks of claiming that.

(Also, it's not going to turn out to be true, in either case. Hope that doesn't hinder your plans for her.)

Otherwise, either works for me. Maybe include Wen just to increase the female presence.
    If I do go with Wen over Devon I do understand that her beliefs are wrong, but that there may be some other reason why her mother kept telling her that her father was one. Reasons other than simply being crazy. Yeah, if Porter found out that she held this belief that might have been another reason for him going after her. She can be pretty naive about some things.

I'll make my decision by tonight and let you know.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If I do go with Wen over Devon I do understand that her beliefs are wrong, but that there may be some other reason why her mother kept telling her that her father was one. Reasons other than simply being crazy. Yeah, if Porter found out that she held this belief that might have been another reason for him going after her. She can be pretty naive about some things.

I'll make my decision by tonight and let you know.
    If the reason is going to be plot-relevant to the campaign, I'm going to have to know what that reason is, then. We can go over it via PM.