Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Teen Titans #19

• Which new member of the Teen Titans reveals his true colors?

Full preview here.

BANNED

CBR, please, PLEASE! make that 3rd page big enough so we can read it without having to put our heads into the screen! :)

Wonder Girl looks good on that last panel. I like the changes to the costume. I hope/wish they'd make something like that a permanent change but my guess is that it's looking that way because of her Wonder Witchblade 'silent armor' crap.

While Red Robin and Kid Flash got winning looks I feel like the rest is an overall miss with Cassie being called "Wonder Girl" for no actual reason and then the Not Remotely Ominous Raven aka Feather Face who I hope can molt into a better costume/character design.

BANNED

If we have to mention designs; I wish Barrows would have followed the notes from Booth.
    Cassandra's armor was far more ornate when Booth drew it, now it's just flat with some grooves in it. (Incidentally Jim Lee makes this same mistake when he draws Wonder Woman's bracelets vs. how Cliff Chiang draws them.)
    Between the switch in artists, Cassandra's hair went from slightly curly and voluminous to being straight and flat (just like it was the last time Barrows was on TT) and right now I just think it looks like she doesn't wash it.
    Tim has gained that terrible pre-schooler hair-do that I cant imagine anyone wanting to wear in this day and age... especially not a teenager.
    And while he, annoyingly, continues with Trigons 6 eyes... he's forgotten that the horns are now supposed to be made of smoke and not bone (the thing that didn't make the change from antlers into something totally generic when it comes to demons).

Cassies's new costume looks wonderful!!!
    Wish we could have an official vote.

It's an adjustment with Barrows and I really loved Booth's designs from his run, but my only complaint is that Robin looks like he has permanent hat head from when he had a cowl pre-52.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdiggs View Post
    Cassies's new costume looks wonderful!!!
    Wish we could have an official vote.
    It beats the Christmas sweater and jeans she used to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Wonder Girl looks good on that last panel. I like the changes to the costume. I hope/wish they'd make something like that a permanent change but my guess is that it's looking that way because of her Wonder Witchblade 'silent armor' crap.

While Red Robin and Kid Flash got winning looks I feel like the rest is an overall miss with Cassie being called "Wonder Girl" for no actual reason and then the Not Remotely Ominous Raven aka Feather Face who I hope can molt into a better costume/character design.
    im totally with you there. i hope Raven gets a costume change once she's free of Trigon's influence. i hate the feather head look!

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post

Your one of the few people that like RR's current costume (what's worse, Booth's other concepts were better).

Not that costume changes don't happen at all but it's really telling how many costumes DC needs to go till they get it right, Raven looks like a Pigeon, (i'm calling her Pigeon Woman). Superfluous lines and collars even Trigon has one for goodness sake. I gave up after the first arc but it's nice to know Trigon's coming but what I'd like to know is by what scale is he as a Threat? the JL crossover is coming and DC are making a big deal about it, Trigon once took over the Earth, will he succeed again in this new universe or will it it only be self-contained and forgotten till the JL thing?
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Your one of the few people that like RR's current costume (what's worse, Booth's other concepts were better).

Not that costume changes don't happen at all but it's really telling how many costumes DC needs to go till they get it right, Raven looks like a Pigeon, (i'm calling her Pigeon Woman). Superfluous lines and collars even Trigon has one for goodness sake. I gave up after the first arc but it's nice to know Trigon's coming but what I'd like to know is by what scale is he as a Threat? the JL crossover is coming and DC are making a big deal about it, Trigon once took over the Earth, will he succeed again in this new universe or will it it only be self-contained and forgotten till the JL thing?
    By the amount of non-drumming his return has received for this book, he's not particularly important in the grand scheme of things. Like, there was actually no hints he was going to come to Earth before the last issue where he just appeared out of nowhere in New York on on a three headed horse. Before that, yes there was mention of him summoning Raven to make ready for an invasion... it just never said anything where they were going.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    By the amount of non-drumming his return has received for this book, he's not particularly important in the grand scheme of things. Like, there was actually no hints he was going to come to Earth before the last issue where he just appeared out of nowhere in New York on on a three headed horse. Before that, yes there was mention of him summoning Raven to make ready for an invasion... it just never said anything where they were going.
    This feels like a "good grief!" moment

Thanks for the answer
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels