Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Nightwing, #19

In "Nightwing" #19 writer Kyle Higgins sends Nightwing to Chicago and welcomes Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund to the art chores.

Full review here.

Awesome review, I really enjoyed this issue myself - having read the first six issues of Nightwing, I found myself falling behind and as this seemed like a great jumping on point I felt like I'd try it out. And I didn't regret it. A lot of fun, and have this title on my pullist now.
    Reviews
    Top 5 Marvel: Daredevil, SSM, Avengers Undercover, ANFX, Black Widow | Top 5 DC: Green Arrow, ST, Batman, RL, Phantom Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Awesome review, I really enjoyed this issue myself - having read the first six issues of Nightwing, I found myself falling behind and as this seemed like a great jumping on point I felt like I'd try it out. And I didn't regret it. A lot of fun, and have this title on my pullist now.
    I dropped the title around issue 4 or 5 too. I decided to retry to jump back on with this issue too. I thought it was a lot of fun too.

The excellent art was the draw. The sparkling pre52 personality was still there. The new52 versions of Zucco and Prankster has me intrigued. And the midair helicopter rescue was righteous!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NW19.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	112677

I'm mad this was fairly decent. I was all set to drop Nightwing and lighten my reading load. But now it's right back on the list.
    Ranking the Periods of X-Men History
    X-Book Marvel NOW Timeline
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NW19.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	112677
    Just imagine if he was blue!
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

Official Ghostfacer JordanWinchester's Avatar

Really glad to see Nightwing picking up again after somewhat of a lull due to crossovers and lackluster arcs. The only thing I don't agree with is having Ramos fit really well with Spidey. Everyone has their own opinion but I don't like my comic feeling super cartoony in the pages and would much rather have a more realistic and quality art style on such a book.

I find the current writers material a bit meh, but I'm definitely excited to see where this goes.

They probably shouldve taken this approach at the start of the reboot. Everything before seems irrelevant.

I liked this issue, but I don't like Brett Booth's Nightwing. Nightwing looks too similar to Tim Drake. Brett Booth should be out back onto Teen Titans, since I really don't like its current artist. His art style just suits it better.
    But other than e Nightwing thing, I do like the rest of the art in this issue.
    Last edited by XSpectreGreyX; 04-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.