Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Pollard View Post
    There was no context given, no quote. And once I realized what the context was, I apologized. Keep up, please.
    OK. Missed our discussions in X-Fan. Hehehe
    I don't think there's a current mainstream American superhero comic book that can touch Hawkeye right now. Brilliant all the way. Entertaining and technically outstanding at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I think Ottmeister's responding to the frankly ridiculous and utterly groundless "its not long for this world" / "enjoy it while it lasts" naysaying rather than simply claiming high sales = quality.
    Correct. Thanks. While high sales isn't always an indicator of quality, high sales for a solo character like Hawkeye would suggest that quality is part of the reason also versus anything X-Men or Batman that are almost a guarantee that fans will purchase. Whatever the size of the overrated faction is regarding Hawkeye, it appears to be a small minority based on sales, positive reviews, some Eisner nominations, and the at least 5:1 ratio on this board that love Hawkeye instead those who feel it's overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Pollard View Post
    And because it's a top-selling title, that automatically means it's high quality. That's why Bendis' Avengers was one of the best runs on that book and why Fifty Shades of Grey is one of the greatest novels ever written.
    Geez, I can't think of anyone that claimed 50 Shades was a good book.

Another thing to consider abouot the TPB selling well is at least 8-9 issues had been released and that is enough time for the majority of comic book fans to smell out a rat. The hard facts suggest a title of solid artistic quality and a small group who have dislike for Hawkeye and /or Faction/Aja. Nothing pleases 100% of everyone. Not even ice cream.