Default Comics I can't recall I need YOUR help!

Ok so I have been earning money and whilst earning said money I have begun to compile a comic collection of old comics I used to have at one point or another but alas it is no where near complete..so I have this scratch that cannot be scratched! I need your help to relieve me! For the life of me I can not remember this comic I once read, I have looked and looked until I had 57 tabs on Firefox to no avail.. im desperate despite not remembering the title of the comic or names I remember the content pretty vividly so here goes..- Comic kind of reminded me of Severed as far as I recall it didn't have more than 7 issues it felt like 4 but I can't be sure, it revolves around 2 or 3 children and does contain some cannibalism (The kids forced to survive)

..It started out from the malnourished kids delusional perspective.. The story unfolds allowing the reader to believe that he is an adult with his dog hunting, but then we learn he is hallucinating.. The villain in this story is this scrawny truck driver looking guy who always wears glasses and always has a belt with a big old texas style belt buckle,he has blue jeans and a matching button up shirt, he kidnaps these kids for his own twisted pervy ends and holes them up in his basement.. Also one scene I remember is his stand against the cops.. they surround him and tell him to give it up he shoots and kills a few of them but they get him and it ends with the shocked officer telling the kids he would of done the same thing they did in the situation and not to be worried your life will be better from this point on.. Very mesmerizing story it bled into my mind from start to finish I just wish I could of remembered the comics name!!! UGH!!- This comic was in the 2000s

This comic is relevant to classic comics it features a Louisiana bar theme somewhat and a woman who tells her morbid tales one by one and usually they all end in a twisted manner and move on to another almost entirely unrelated to the next..
    I believe it had a one word title like doomed or voodoo or SOMETHING my guess would be its a 80s comic.. it was like 7 issues long VERY captivating but damn if I can find it again

I write this one out of fevered hysteria, what to do? HOW do you re-find these things!! It's driving me up the wall and down the corridor of insanity, enough so to initiate yet another attempt to describe that as of which eludes me.

This one is about an 18th century photographer, I remember the artwork which was of a vivid orange of a dusky afternoon with the iconic black locomotive running down the train tracks, definitely a good look to it, I picked it up inside was a story to match the art. It focused around a photographer who was unawares others had a plan for him, a destiny of sorts you could say- He was the 'lucky' photographer to take the picture of these strong business/war men, and follow them along upon their journey to forever monument through photos their WINNING basically. What takes place is slightly strange however they are out hunting for deer/rabbit and the photographer runs across these Indian kids.. Knowing that the union soldiers he's with would kill them on sight he doesn't say a thing.. he carries on and they live.. later on he manages to piss the general off and he ends up being left for dead, the indians find him they want to kill him but the children say he saved them.. even at that the indian who captured him still wants him dead.. the chief says no for he is possessed by some type of spirit that will help the indians.. The indian asks why is he white then if he helps the indians for don't we help ourselfes while the white man destroys us? the shawman answered back that the best disguise to bring the white man on his knees is another white man.. and it turns out he is Jack The Ripper? Strange black outs so on and so forth I think but yeah Im sure if you have read this one before you'd recognize from the description and surely surely reply.. oh and I believe this one to be in the 2000s as well

This comic is relevant to classic comics it features a Louisiana bar theme somewhat and a woman who tells her morbid tales one by one and usually they all end in a twisted manner and move on to another almost entirely unrelated to the next..
    I believe it had a one word title like doomed or voodoo or SOMETHING my guess would be its a 80s comic.. it was like 7 issues long VERY captivating but damn if I can find it again
    The first thing that popped into my head on reading this was Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion. It had a Louisiana setting, but the main character was fortune teller, not a bartender, and it was a 70s title, not 80s.

http://www.comics.org/series/2026/covers/

Close but no cigar :( wish I could come up wish more content to throw out there but nothing really comes to mind :(

Now I'm just spitballing, but Taboo was a late 80s horror anthology comic with a one word title that ran for 7 issues, so it meets most of your requirements. I don't know if it featured a bar or not.

http://www.comics.org/series/25542/covers/

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Now I'm just spitballing, but Taboo was a late 80s horror anthology comic with a one word title that ran for 7 issues, so it meets most of your requirements. I don't know if it featured a bar or not.

http://www.comics.org/series/25542/covers/
    Yeah, Taboo was what first came to mind when I read the OP's description, but it was an anthology not an ongoing story, which seemed to be implied by the OP.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Didn't some of the stories continue from issue to issue, though?

Ah I do love the replies but no Taboo is not it nor House of mystery however they both look very close to the classic comic I think might be from the 80s looked like. They also had a stark black and white illustration of the woman who talked to you.. you'd open up a new issue and she'd be like still here huh? Haven't scared you off yet? Well ive got some more stories for you, you sick puppy.. and she'd be almost always smoking a cigarette.. and I don't think any of the stories continued from issue to issue but I am not sure they were generally pretty short in size and then moved on to the next but they were well done.. she also looked kind of depressed or in a state of anguish but very beautiful she also looked like something out of a 60's magazine promoting smoking for women except without the happy look
    I will let you know if I think of anything else I have been racking my brain now for a few days going through google images and what not thinking id see the comic cover and recognize it.. nope

Quote Originally Posted by zythros View Post
    Ah I do love the replies but no Taboo is not it nor House of mystery however they both look very close to the classic comic I think might be from the 80s looked like. They also had a stark black and white illustration of the woman who talked to you.. you'd open up a new issue and she'd be like still here huh? Haven't scared you off yet? Well ive got some more stories for you, you sick puppy.. and she'd be almost always smoking a cigarette.. and I don't think any of the stories continued from issue to issue but I am not sure they were generally pretty short in size and then moved on to the next but they were well done.. she also looked kind of depressed or in a state of anguish but very beautiful she also looked like something out of a 60's magazine promoting smoking for women except without the happy look
    I will let you know if I think of anything else I have been racking my brain now for a few days going through google images and what not thinking id see the comic cover and recognize it.. nope
    I think you're talking about the B&W magazine Doomed from 2004 or 2005 and published by IDW. It was designed to look just like a Warren magazine which is why you might have thought it came from the 1980s. Ms. Doomed, the hostess, was dressed in lingerie, smoked and was actually rather dismissive of the readers. She introduced lengthy stories adapted from writers like Robert Bloch, F. Paul Wilson and Richard Matheson. There were four issues but four long stories per issue. Ashley Woods was usually the cover artist. I discuss the magazine in my book Horror Comics in Black and White.
    Last edited by rarndt; 04-24-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rarndt View Post
    I think you're talking about the B&W magazine Doomed from 2004 or 2005 and published by IDW. It was designed to look just like a Warren magazine which is why you might have thought it came from the 1980s. Ms. Doomed, the hostess, was dressed in lingerie, smoked and was actually rather dismissive of the readers. She introduced lengthy stories adapted from writers like Robert Bloch, F. Paul Wilson and Richard Matheson. There were four issues but four long stories per issue. Ashley Woods was usually the cover artist. I discuss the magazine in my book Horror Comics in Black and White.
    I believe this is the series you are speaking of:

http://www.xowcomics.com/series_gall...id=29917&i_v=0

Good catch! It seems to match better than anything mentioned so far and matches the description pretty well!

*clap* *clap* *clap* Yes Doomed is it didn't realize it was from 2005! Thanks be to ye kind sirs who have helped me may someone do the same for you later down the road.

Sidenote: I am overjoyed to be that much closer in completing my collection without missing gaps! Thank you thank you

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

I know it's irrelevant- especially now that you have your answer- but there were no photographers in the 18th century. The first photograph was taken in 1826 http://photography.nationalgeographi...e-first-photo/ making it a 19th century invention.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"