Default How Will Batman 18-20 Be Collected?

I really do not want these to be collected in to the Zero Year edition because I normally like having my collection in chronological order and it will seem clusterfuck to me if there's this ClayFace story that takes place 5 years before the main story at the start. Death of the Family was four issues (did it have backups?) collected so while I feel that this is possible on DC's part, since this does contain backups it will be about 120 pages minus all the extra goodies, which they would likely contain to make the buy worth it since it's only three issues. But I really do not want it to be collected with Zero Year and if such is the case, I will just wait for the collection that collects all 11 issues.

Death of The Family HC contains #13 to #17, which is five issues and with backups. If you ask me, they should have included #18 as well. It can serve as a sort of epilogue to Death of the Family storyline.

So in that logic, the Zero Year hc most probably will collect issue 18 to issue 20. Issue 19 and 20 already serve as a prologue of sort since issue 19 did namedrop 'Zero Year' in it
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Clayface's story is going to continue in TDK I believe; so it will probably be a collection of both titles.

I've been wondering this as well. Doesn't seem necessarily essential, so if it's not collected, I don't think it's a huge issue. I mean, not EVERYTHING is going to be collected in trade form, helps keep sales up for individual issues.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Probably in a small trade.

Maybe it'll be collected with The Dark Knight rather than with Batman, it'll probably boost up sales for that title.

I know this is veering a little off topic but I was wondering what was better. To collect Batman in individual issues or in hardcover/softcover trades? You seem to get cool extra stuff in the trades, like vol.2 of the court of owls including the owl mask. I have been debating this especially since I have been wanting to get back on the batman title and Zero Year seems a perfect jumping (back) on point.

Odds are there will be a "Requiem" trade so all the material under that heading will go there. Would no doubt include these 3.

Bat-Rookie CarolinaBatmanFanGuy's Avatar

Was actually googling this and the old thread popped up. How will they collected #18 - #20? I've been looking at the trades and Vol. 3 ends with #17 and Vol. 4 starts with #21.
    Check out CBFG's Big Read

Current Series: Wonder Woman

Pulls: Batman, Detective, Batman &, Bat/Sup, JL, Earth 2, Beyond, '66, Eternal, Future's End, ANXF

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I'm thinking they will wait for Snyder/Capullo's whole run to be completed, and collected, then release all the small issues in one final trade.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Pretty sure Scott said on Twitter they'd be collected post-Zero Year, so... volume six?

Bat-Rookie CarolinaBatmanFanGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Pretty sure Scott said on Twitter they'd be collected post-Zero Year, so... volume six?
    Ah okay I figured by now someone had probably heard something. Thanks!
    Check out CBFG's Big Read

Current Series: Wonder Woman

Pulls: Batman, Detective, Batman &, Bat/Sup, JL, Earth 2, Beyond, '66, Eternal, Future's End, ANXF

These are the Harper Rowe introduction issues so it makes alot of sense to collect them in Batman Vol.6 which will be collecting the first of the post-Eternal story arc, i.e. featuring Blue Bird etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    These are the Harper Rowe introduction issues so it makes alot of sense to collect them in Batman Vol.6 which will be collecting the first of the post-Eternal story arc, i.e. featuring Blue Bird etc.
    And isn't the next arc supposed to be about a cold case involving her mother or another family member?