Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should I be reading Valiant Comics?

Like the topic said, should I be reading Valiant Comics? And if so, where should I start? I've mostly stuck to the Big 2 but have recently started dabbling in Image but I would like to expand more. Any suggestions?

Yes, you should.

If you prefer to start from the beginning, you can start with the first volume trades for each title. All but Shadowman have been released this far. Harbinger is my favorite, followed by Archer & Armstrong and XO Manowar, but all the titles are very good and very different.

If you want to jump right in, I say pick up Harbinger Wars and its tie in Harbinger and Bloodshot issues (only 1 of each so far as the crossover started this month), then grab Shadowman #0 and Archer & Armstrong #0 in May. The big Planet Death arc in XO just started in March, but has two prelude issues that could help tie it all in for you.

All those issues should be easy enough to find, as are the second arc issues if you go the trade route and want to catch up. Let us know what you decide and what you think!
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Don't forget the 1st Valiant trades of each series are $10 - won't be too expensive to give them a shot.

I would recommend Harbinger and/or X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong is pretty different from most books on the stands as well - there is some nice variety depending on your tastes. Each book has been pretty solid.
    Last edited by Destro777; 04-21-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

I made a thread like this a couple months ago and the feedback seemed mostly positive. You might want to give it a read. Hope it's useful. http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d-!&highlight=
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

You can never go wrong with trying out a new book. Ok, so you waste a couple bucks and a bit of time. It happens. Raise your hand if you haven't wasted time doing something less fun. High reward: you find a new comic to enjoy (as if there's a shortage of those). Apparently there's been a positive reaction to their comeback, so more power to them. I've tried the first issues of X-O and Shadowman. The first ish of X-O was pretty awful, but Shadowman seemed more interesting. Harbinger looked decent too. Probably grab trades of those.

Yes.

(ten chars)

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Yes. Yes, you should.

Valiant has become the absolute must read comic book publisher out there. Seriously, their titles are simply phenomenal and they have been winning over the hearts of many indy (and mainstream) comic book readers. Just give the first couple issues of each book a shot and see what you think, I'm pretty sure you'll fall right in and then come back here and thank us afterwards.

I recommend X-O and Harbinger to start, if you love them than grab Shadowman and Bloodshot. Than if you love those than grab Archer and Armstrong, and if you love that than....well......you will be a happy man in the end.

Yes you should.

As noted the trades for each are $10 and gotten through an online retailer with discounts are cheaper. An easy and affordable "gamble".

I recommend if you try just one or two of the 5 main current titles they be XO Manowar or Bloodshot.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I am a huge Marvel fan... but I also buy all of the Valiant stuff. There isn't a title they publish that I would't recommend. So the answer is yes... you should be reading all of the Valiant books.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    I am a huge Marvel fan... but I also buy all of the Valiant stuff. There isn't a title they publish that I would't recommend. So the answer is yes... you should be reading all of the Valiant books.
    And that was from a Marvel fan. Kudo's, if this forum allowed "rep" I would have totally given you some right there.

BANNED

Yes I promise you will be glad you did

Yeppers! For reasons i wont repeat.

Hell yes, things have been great since Valiant relaunched last year.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Only if you're interested and can afford the commitment.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only if you're interested and can afford the commitment.
    Which is easy. Since the whole run, even if it becomes 8 ongoing titles in the months ahead, is about as much a commitment as someone who buys all "X-Titles" or all "Avengers titles" or all "JLA titles".

Committing to the whole Valiant line is nothing in comparison.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1